Google & Gmail not opening in browser

OP
R

rakesh-the gilli

Journeyman
Hi, atlast you guys provided me the solution. I deleted the 2 host files as mentioned and voila gmail loaded without any problem, google.com automatically redirected to google.co.in, i could sign into my orkut account. Thanks guys.. But i need to know how on earth did this host file got changed as my system was a fresh formatted system.? I need to know as it will help me prevent this in future..

Get spyware terminator from crawler.com to monitor any suspicious activity in your computer. Believe me, it wont let pass anything undetected.

OP
R

rakesh-the gilli

Journeyman
I am currently using Malwarebytes Anti-malware and Spybot search & destroy software. Both installed in my system. Aren't they worth.? Should i switch to spyware terminator so that it will help me get rid of malware problems, also please suggest a good anti-malware software to use..

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Dude, how do you say that DNS is poisoned ? Data cannot directly jump from India to US, it will go through some routes only.
And I think, windows does update the DNS records after reboot :)confused:) [Linux doesn't use a cache by default, but can be configured to do so :)]

I say that because address translation is taking it to a host that isnt affiliated with Google. You can see the host entry which showed up in the hijackthis file got rid of the problem.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
I say that because address translation is taking it to a host that isnt affiliated with Google. You can see the host entry which showed up in the hijackthis file got rid of the problem.
I had no idea about the hosts file getting hacked :lol:
Because its almost three years since I've used windows on my computer, ever since I faced the problem of 40 trojans, 20 viruses, 2 adwares and a spyware :O

Top Bottom