Google Chrome vulnerable to carpet-bombing flaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Google’s shiny new Web browser is vulnerable to a carpet-bombing vulnerability that could expose Windows users to malicious hacker attacks.

Just hours after the release of Google Chrome, researcher Aviv Raff discovered that he could combine two vulnerabilities — a flaw in Apple Safari (WebKit) and a Java bug discussed at this year’s Black Hat conference — to trick users into launching executables direct from the new browser.

Raff has cooked up a harmless demo of the attack in action, showing how a Google Chrome users can be lured into downloading and launching a JAR (Java Archive) file that gets executed without warning.

Source

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
@comaddict.. jaise ki everyone is gonna steal some kinda high profile classified data from your computer..

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
A beta browser has a bug/flaw!!!
SHOCKING
:roll:
which software doesn't have a bug flaw?
Software is kept in beta state so that flaws are exposed. Or you mean that beta versions are flawless/bugless then develop bugs/flaws as they turn older?

Pat

Beyond Smart
Software is kept in beta state so that flaws are exposed. Or you mean that beta versions are flawless/bugless then develop bugs/flaws as they turn older?

I think it was a sarcastic comment by him.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta

Yes, I do mean beta software should be flawless :lol:

casanova

The Frozen Nova
And google products never come out of beta
Gmail beta, Gtalk beta, Orkut beta, ...., Google Chrome beta

thecreativeboy

Journeyman
actually this is a beta version na.that's what,all the providers or software developers released the beta version.am i correct or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom