Google Chrome Fault?

IronCruz

ICE COOOOL!!!
Hello guys. When i try to open Google Chrome, taskbar doesn't work. Wait symbol comes, and whole system gets freeze. But chrome will be running properly. I can browse any website in chrome. Then i must either Log Off or Shut Down. I use Genuine Windows 7 HP on my Dell N5030. Please solvemy problem!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Don't use Chrome.

Either try Chromium or just use Opera. It might seem intimidating at first, but its better.

mrintech

Technomancer
Sometimes Google Chrome tends to utilize too much of CPU and RAM. Try re-installing the software, else switch to FF or Opera :)

kisame

King of Heroes
Have u tried updating chrome??First clean uninstall it and then install an updated version.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
have you stopped the google updater from startup (in msconfig) ??
that may stop chrome to automatically updatye and create problems..
do a clkean install buddy.
the problem should end.
anyways, how much ram do you have ??

enVolt

Broken In
have u enabled Taskbar autohide option, if yes then try disabling that,
also try uninstalling IDM, or any other download manager, (for temporary check)

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Hijacking this thread with a different issue, (guess it's better than creating a different topic),
When scrolling through a long page why scrolling is horrible? It stutters all the way, doesn't happen in Mozilla, IE or any other browser i've used. Any way to fix it?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ ^^ and IronCruz - both of you are using the latest chrome version ( stable one ? )

Vignesh B

Youngling
Hijacking this thread with a different issue, (guess it's better than creating a different topic),
When scrolling through a long page why scrolling is horrible? It stutters all the way, doesn't happen in Mozilla, IE or any other browser i've used. Any way to fix it?

1. Try disabling one extension at a time and check.
2. Try using smooth-scroll extension.
3. Tried deleting the cache, cookies etc?
4. Another radical method may be trying to block background images.
5. Use another browser like Firefox or Opera :-D

ithehappy

Human Spambot
@ ^^ and IronCruz - both of you are using the latest chrome version ( stable one ? )
Is that I you are asking?
1. Try disabling one extension at a time and check.
2. Try using smooth-scroll extension.
3. Tried deleting the cache, cookies etc?
4. Another radical method may be trying to block background images.
5. Use another browser like Firefox or Opera :-D
Hm. Smooth scroll extension. This one??
*img35.imageshack.us/img35/2963/70031828.jpg

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ ithehappy - yep you and Op both and chrome stutters on every webpage or just on some specific websites ? if you are using the latest stable version give the latest dev build a try.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
maybe not chrome's problem,maybe some other problems . I have been using chrome last two years never had such problems.

But one thing i must mention RAM usage is huge in chrome compared to other browsers

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
@IconCruz: Could be one of the extensions. Try running chrome by disable one extension at a time to find out which one is crashing.

I had a similar problem too. Chrome would crash each time I closed the browser. Disabled one extn at a time and found +1 button (for Google Plus) to be at fault.

Top Bottom