google chrome extension

stellar

Journeyman
I can't find proper google chrome extension for downloading videos from youtube. The extension which gets embedded in youtube and not open in another tab for downloading. Third party extension chrome doesn't accepts.Any ideas?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Use Opera. Youtube downloader extension for Opera have proven perfect for downloading videos. Although I use Firefox, and use this addon for the same purpose: *addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/media-downloader/?src=api

awesumkid

Right off the assembly line
You can easily install any 3rd party extensions on chrome.

Download the crx. (chrome extension file)

1. open chrome extensions page from tools>extensions
2. Drag and drop the extension from your Computer on to the extension page.
3. Click the “add” button after reviewing list of permissions shown in the dialog by Chrome.

gameranand

Living to Play
I can't find proper google chrome extension for downloading videos from youtube. The extension which gets embedded in youtube and not open in another tab for downloading. Third party extension chrome doesn't accepts.Any ideas?

There are none on Chrome Store. I simply use Youtube Downloader for this purpose.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
keepvid, idm, all have the same functionality..

if you want a dedicated download manager for all your downloads, idm is the way to go..

else if you want just vids off youtube, go for keepvid

josin

In the zone

here it is Chrome YouTube Downloader

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
For those who are supporting IDM, don't forget that it keeps on failing after each YouTube change. Then you have to update IDM also after the fix has been released. For rest, IDM is perfect.

snap

Lurker
or you can use this YouTube Center for Greasemonkey you have to drag and drop to the extension page in chrome

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
For those who are supporting IDM, don't forget that it keeps on failing after each YouTube change. Then you have to update IDM also after the fix has been released. For rest, IDM is perfect.

till the IDM update comes out, i use KeepVid.com.

IDM is a really good dl manager apart from that.

snap

Lurker
Bumping this thread to say that now google chrome auto disables extensions which are not from their webstore and no way to enable them i think. :-x One of the most useful extension was youtube center which is now disabled

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Bumping this thread to say that now google chrome auto disables extensions which are not from their webstore and no way to enable them i think. :-x One of the most useful extension was youtube center which is now disabled

hmm.. they want to stop people from adding insecure extensions.

but there must be a workaround for devs.

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
A solution which I am using:

Step 1. Get opera - the newer one based on chrome. Advantage are of new version - not based on old engine but on the same engine chrome is. so no more compatibility problems, its got a few more advanced features than chrome, like single key shortcuts (z for back) etc.

Install this addon: *addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/easy-youtube-video-downloader-for-opera/?display=en

Top Bottom