Google Chrome contains Trojan Downloader?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
just have a look at the screen shot below:

*img695.imageshack.us/img695/9002/77452455.jpg

this is the scan report of the latest beta release of Google Chrome. Google chrome comes as a .exe file which can be further extracted using Winrar or 7zip to get a file named "chrome.7z". basically a 7zip file, similar to .rar & .zip. i performed a scan of this 7zip file using an A-Squared Anti-Malware. and the result was shocking to say the least.

I not trying to prove that Google Chrome have a virus inside but just want you peoples comments. i did the hard work. now you all do the soft one :) i am 99% sure its a false positive. still sharing my finding with everyone.

Earlier in the day i got the hint that there maybe something wrong when A-Squared reported the same Trojan Downloader in the directory Google Chrome gets installed automatically.

swatkat

Technomancer
Hmmm... I think it's a false positive. New developer builds of Chrome has native PDF support. Pdf.dll is the plugin library that Chrome uses to render files. Maybe A-Squared will fix this in their next update! By the way, you can submit Pdf.dll here:
VirusTotal - Free Online Virus and Malware Scan

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
will scan the next version (beta build) of Chrome with a newer database of A-squared. lets see if they corrected this themselves. else will have to give them a wakeup call :smile:

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ nah. its the free version. it detects a lot of spywares which others miss. its just as a side scanner. Avast Free + a-Squared free (to scan the contents downloaded from net).

UPDATE: latest Google Chrome 6.0.447.0 Beta. scanned again. no more any warnings. either a-squared updated & removed it or Google improved its source code.

Top Bottom