Google Bombs

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemant_mathur

-- No Easter Eggs here --
Re: search for "Search" in Google

Thread should be renamed to google bombs (thats what they are called .. right??)

led_shankar

In Shamful Mystery
Hey please don't reveal the results in the thread!

and for those who were asking how MS made this happen... I think it is because the word "search" is not used with google....'google' is a word in itself. So when people say "search"..... they dont mean google..... and this is reflected in the results.

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
K i posted a separate thread for this and donno how to join that one with this so adding the info here as well :)

Open google ... type bihari and press the magical button "I'm feeling lucky" ...nd admire the surprise ....

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
AshishSharma said:
K i posted a separate thread for this and donno how to join that one with this so adding the info here as well :)
Open google ... type bihari and press the magical button "I'm feeling lucky" ...nd admire the surprise ....

i got a wikepedia writeup !!!???

now type "msft goog yhoo quote" in www.google.com and click on 'i am feeling lucky'

see which page opens :)

nikhilrao

Journeyman
anandk said:
i got a wikepedia writeup !!!???

now type "msft goog yhoo quote" in www.google.com and click on 'i am feeling lucky'

see which page opens :)

lol how come the search result come tru msnlivesearch ?:rolleyes:

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
well, googlebombing may now be a thing of the past...who knows ?

"Googlebombing is a technique to get a website ranked #1 on a Google query for a random term. For instance "liar" and "failure" were some of the most popular along with "talentless hack". Typing in failure would take you to the president Bush's biography, and liar would do a similar thing for Tony Blair..."

read more at Google Algo Tweak To Fix Googlebombing; Failure Result Is Fixed

also "Google defuses Googlebombs"
*arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070126-8714.html

*i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/happyandy/stylucm5.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom