Google betrayed firefox?

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Firefox has been promoting google as a home page in most of its release

But why did google land into chrome project in the name of open source

is it not a betrayal to firefox?...

now when we open firefox opens its home page ...google homepage has a install chrome now button...wow what a way of diverting FF user to chrome

is google just not playin with open source and exploiting firefox?

in my opinion chrome is just a spy project to conquer the internet market and establish monopoly

FF is mostly influenced also by google not to be competitive... increase its market share...

Chrome is just one word spyware

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
A Firefox user who likes Firefox will keep on using Firefox. Google Chrome's extensions are a joke compared to XUL.

desai_amogh

In the zone
^^ we know MS strategies too.. but do we use IE ?? As, ICO said.. people who use FF will use it.. rather.. i wud say.. users who dont make sense and want to use Chrome.. or any other shi**y browser for tht matter... deserve using a shi**y browser...

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
hahaha well I agree with 6x6...and I do not think anyone is being a victim of google by using their browser. As for the spyware comment, many of the features which send usage information can be turned off easily.

The title of your topic is very wrong. AFAIK Google and FireFox did not have any mutual agreement to not develop a competitive software. In every industry the successful is always imitated (take iPhone for example, after its launch you can notice that nearly evey phone maker has launched full touchscreen) by others...

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Firefox has been promoting google as a home page in most of its release
And Mozilla is being paid by Google to do that. Correct me if I am wrong.

Google were using the Webkit engine for chrome. It's based on LGPL and thus their modification needed to released with source. Also Google found that it would be smart to make it Open Source for community support and faster releases. Simply put, an Open Source core (Chromium) suited beautifully, to which they added their proprietary technologies to make Chrome.

now when we open firefox opens its home page ...google homepage has a install chrome now button...wow what a way of diverting FF user to chrome
Yup. Smart marketing. Somehow I doubt though you see get chrome ad with FF home page though.

is google just not playin with open source and exploiting firefox?
Nope.

in my opinion chrome is just a spy project to conquer the internet market and establish monopoly
You are wrong. The "collection data" in Chrome can be disabled if you wish. Also there is a project called Chromium which is basically a 100% open source project on which Chrome is based on, check it out. It's free of any collection from google and is completely FOSS.

FF is mostly influenced also by google not to be competitive... increase its market share...
lolwut?

Nope

Last edited:
OP
G

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
hahaha well I agree with 6x6...and I do not think anyone is being a victim of google by using their browser. As for the spyware comment, many of the features which send usage information can be turned off easily.

The title of your topic is very wrong. AFAIK Google and FireFox did not have any mutual agreement to not develop a competitive software. In every industry the successful is always imitated (take iPhone for example, after its launch you can notice that nearly evey phone maker has launched full touchscreen) by others...

Mozilla Extends Lucrative Deal With Google For 3 Years

is that not a deal

victim in the sense ....we r all tracked with our search queries ...chrome makes it still easy ...dont u think it violation of freedom

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

than you can pick any 2 Open Source OS & pit it against one another.

better switch to Yahoo. if Firefox itself got no problem to use a hompage that advertise a different browser, why should other have? its that much simple.

till now Google playing fair. but its ambitions are definitely questionable.

Firefox existed for so long (maybe a decade) is beaten by a newcomer in both speed & security. stability too.

jayantr7

In the zone
When it comes to business,very less companies[big ones] are helpful and friendly.All are in their profit...

Google and Microsoft are exceptions...Google will show you new tricks in coming days.It even used Facebook for data to help make it's new social networking service "googleme"...they're very selfish...

Top Bottom