Good VFM phone at 6-7K

sriganesh

Right off the assembly line
I was searching for a good mobile for my friend in the range of 6-7k when I noticed this thing – Samsung Galaxy 3 at 6399 in letsbuy after coupon. Does this make it a good VFM phone, it is android, upgradable to 2.2, and capacitative touch and it is Samsung (not spice or micromax!!) OR are there any other better phones than this in the 6-7k segment range. The other considerations he has are Samsung Monte, Nokia C5, Nokia C5-03 (after coupon)

Kindly give your suggestions.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
@6399, Samsung Galaxy 3 is very good. If you cannot increase your budget, then you should get that phone immediately before you lose this awesome price...

Cheers!

OP
S

sriganesh

thanx for the reply, but another doubt
letsbuy and flipkart show a price around 7400. all other online sites show a price in excess of 10000. also in letsbuy the price of Galaxy 3, which i think is the superior one is less than Galaxy 5. Now, is this genuine!!! Can i order this through letsbuy. I did not find out the price in Hyderabad (where I live) though.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
thanx for the reply, but another doubt
letsbuy and flipkart show a price around 7400. all other online sites show a price in excess of 10000. also in letsbuy the price of Galaxy 3, which i think is the superior one is less than Galaxy 5. Now, is this genuine!!! Can i order this through letsbuy. I did not find out the price in Hyderabad (where I live) though.

Letsbuy is a reputed site and many members here have very good experience shopping on that site... Don't worry about it...

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
galaxy 3 is nothing impressive, laggy with that amount of ram, pathetic camera(trust me, I've used it), forget video recording, you'll poop on it it's so bad.

5233 will atleast give VGA recording(quite stable, and widescreen recording option too).
Plus, the screen is higher resolution, video playing is a great experience, and the screen with widescreen walls(using CFWs) looks very very good.

Now I tried to see some full screen pics on the Galaxy 3, and the look HEAVILY Pixelated.

OP
S

sriganesh

Letsbuy and Filpkart are quoting a price of 7399 and 7499 respectively. When I enquired yesterday at Univercell Store, he said the price was 12800! Other online sites also had a price in excess of 10000. This is why i was wondering why the price is so low in letsbuy and flipkart.

Top Bottom