Good news for Intel G965 Users who use integrated graphics

OP
yesh1683

yesh1683

In the zone
s18000rpm said:
i'll post the review after 25th :D, thats when i'l re-unite with my PC :D (at home)

Post some screenshots here dude

and also the game crashes in XP but it will play well in Vista [ i guess u have Vista :D]

shyamno said:
I can't find those updates ..in Intel's download center....???from where u got those updates....i also saw many other sites displaying those updates.....r they not officially....out yet ??

They are out officially
Just click the links dude u will go to intel website
Then on intel site click
Video: Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver

The download will start after few seconds

In
in Intel's download center
Move cursor to desktop boards and then 965 express family and then select ur mother board DG965RY
and select the os

Last edited:

gagandeep89

Broken In
hey guys can u help me out??
i cant play call of duty 4:modern warfare
i have installed the game it perfectly starts and i can get into the menu n all
but while loading it gives a "direct x error" which i can see by tabbing it.otherwise it just remains stuck there and nothing happens.
i have the dx installed from the cd itself
and i am on mobile 965 chipset(x3100)

OP
yesh1683

yesh1683

In the zone
s18000rpm said:
@yesh1683, can you check Colin McRae DiRT & if possible TDU too, i guess it shud also run now. :))

Testdrive Unlimited was playable with beta drivers also :D

As of CMR DiRT i guess it wont play i had checked that with 1st final drivers that game is a very bad port frm Xbox360 and requires heavy system
Now I have deleted the downloaded demo file so cant check again

I will try to download again and will check if possible

gagandeep89 said:
hey guys can u help me out??
i cant play call of duty 4:modern warfare
i have installed the game it perfectly starts and i can get into the menu n all
but while loading it gives a "direct x error" which i can see by tabbing it.otherwise it just remains stuck there and nothing happens.
i have the dx installed from the cd itself
and i am on mobile 965 chipset(x3100)

At wat settings r u playing???

One thing Dont try to play the game at optimal settings bcoz it will take highest settings and highest AA I dont know y but i guess the game thinks x3000 as 8800 GT :D:D:D:D

lower the resolution and set everything off with low settings try to play

Last edited:

gagandeep89

Broken In
no man i set everything down to low
and ur right the optimal settings for the game are weird it sets it to 4x aa
anyways i turned everything to low or No
it stil lwont work
it ll load like 1/10 of the way it shows the first mission video and then theres error noise saying directx error and it will be stuck at soap mission window
i tried downloading directx and installing it again
but still no luck
HELP ME i really wanna play this game i didnt download this much data for nothing lol

OP
yesh1683

yesh1683

In the zone
s18000rpm said:
thanks man.

i'll get some games this weekend & check them at home.

any game you want me to check?

Thanx man
Waiting for the updates
and if possible post screenshots of the games and also FPS benchmarks
From now i will post the screenshots and FPS stats it will b more helpfull

I dont like Stratergy and RTS games:D so if possible check some RTS games

@s18000rpm Dont U think this thread should b moved:D:D to Gamerz or Review section

OP
yesh1683

yesh1683

In the zone
T159 said:
check if bioshock runs decent ?

Some weird problems with Bioshock Demo

With previous drivers i played through 1st check point but at second checkpoint or loading screen the game was crashing [ It atleast played through some areas]

But with new Drivers the game behaves still bad the it crashes at first loading screen :confused::confused::confused::confused:

s18000rpm said:
ya.:D

gamerz section wud be appropriate:D, as we are discussing about games only (not reviewing them)

Ya then
should it moved????

I dont know any moderators here???:D Can u Help:D and move this to Gamerz Section

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
yesh1683 said:
Some weird problems with Bioshock Demo

With previous drivers i played through 1st check point but at second checkpoint or loading screen the game was crashing [ It atleast played through some areas]

Yeah the game crashes for me too after 1st CP.:(
I guess new driver may hav fixed it..deleted the demo,
someone might check it out

upendra_gp

In the zone
Edburg said:
i dont think so cos the G31 and G33 chipsets have GMA 3100/3000 and its just a refurbished/rebranded GMA 950....they shud be worse than G965 which has GMA X3000...

if u want wait a week or so until G35 chipset is launched as its the real successor with GMA X3500 or for now just go with other nvidia/amd offerings
any idea when will it release? any cost estimation?

OP
yesh1683

yesh1683

In the zone
s18000rpm said:
@yesh1683, have you tried Gears Of War ?

I will get the game next week:D:D
I Hope it atleast runs:)

Meanwhile Tested John Whoo's Stranglehold Demo itz playable

But in demo there are no options to select and hence no way to change graphics settings ,,, the default settings it plays as taken very high it took 1024 resolution and charcters and walls all look great may b it took AA high some objects look blue,,,
As it has taken very high settings itz almost unplayable i am getting 1 Frames every 3 to 4 seconds:D

May b the full game will b playable i think as it will b having options to lower the graphics settings

harmik

Journeyman
Hi guys!
I also have G965 based onboard gfx.
sys specs: IntelC2D E6320, 1GB RAM@667MHz, Intel DG965RY mobo, 250GB Sata2 HDD.
i have latest drivers installed (for both XP Pro & 64bit Vista). In XP Video RAM shows up as 384MB (shared).

I play NFS Carbon at 640x480 or 800x600 res (old 15" CRTmonitor) on XP and get arnd 10fps.
Although, i have kept settings on high, but still 1 wud xpect tht at such low res, fps shud b better in NFSC, when u guys report to hv played NFS:pS, Crysis etc....

current settngs::
AA: off (cant turn it on in NFSMW even)
Texture Filtering: Anisotropic
Shader Detail:high
VSync:Off
World Detail:high
Road Reflection Detail:eek:ff
Car Detail:high
Car Reflection Update Rate: off
Rain:On
Visual Treatment:High
Motion Blur: On
Particle System: on

wots ur take on this?? kindly comment...and will i be able to play NFSPS on my pc??

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
harmik said:
Shader Detail:high
VSync:Off
World Detail:high
Road Reflection Detail:eek:ff
Car Detail:high
Car Reflection Update Rate: off
Rain:On
Motion Blur: On

wots ur take on this?? kindly comment...and will i be able to play NFSPS on my pc??
set them like this...

Shader Detail: high
VSync: Off
World Detail: medium / high (experiment)
Road Reflection Detail: 1 or 2
Car Detail : Medium/low
Car Reflection Update Rate: 1 or 2
Rain: On (reccomended = OFF)
Motion Blur: Off (its useless in Carbon)

on the first final ver. drivers, this game used to lag when racing with 7+ cars.

& try to keep the shared mem. at 256MB.

Edburg

In the zone
upendra_gp said:
any idea when will it release? any cost estimation?

Well preliminary benchmarks show it is slightly better than G965 in 3d mark scores(may be drivers).....and almost equal to 690G......

but release dates is said to be postponed to december/january and price is said to be around $200...so i think its better to buy a P35 and an add on grapgic card and get much better performance

the asus p5e-vm hdmi based on g35 is said to be a capable of 9*400 on a q6600....

harmik

Journeyman
@s1800rpm
okay. i'll try these settings out and post the changes...
thnx..
how shall i attach some screenies of NFSC here? thy r of abt 60-80KB.and forum limit is 39.1KB.... shall i upload to some img hosting site?

and do u think i will be able to run NFS:pS or Crysis on this PC?
I had tried NFSPS demo but while changing the video options etc in the menu, windows debugger would popup and the demo wud be closed. so i thought the demo was a lil buggy and uninstalled it (w/o racing).

OP
yesh1683

yesh1683

In the zone
harmik said:
@s1800rpm
okay. i'll try these settings out and post the changes...
thnx..
how shall i attach some screenies of NFSC here? thy r of abt 60-80KB.and forum limit is 39.1KB.... shall i upload to some img hosting site?

and do u think i will be able to run NFS:pS or Crysis on this PC?
I had tried NFSPS demo but while changing the video options etc in the menu, windows debugger would popup and the demo wud be closed. so i thought the demo was a lil buggy and uninstalled it (w/o racing).
Upload the images on image hosting sites
Ex:- *allyoucanupload.webshots.com/
And post the thumbnail image links

Ya NFS Prostreet is playable on VISTA without any problem that too at quite high settings
I played @1024x768 everything set to high with just AA off,world lighting Off and Smoke OFF
Crysis is also playable but the there are quite a lot corrupt graphics the future updated drivers will fix the issues:D
I posted screenshots of CRYSIS in 11th page check them offcourse played on X3000 at 800 at low settings

__

Well I thaught NFS Prostreet is playable and runs smooth

But FPS is very Low [though i think its playable]
Well i won both demo races in 800 at high settings [so i think itz playable]

The FPS u get @1024 at High settings is 7
The FPS u get @800 at High settings is 8
The FPS u get @640 at High settings is 10

The FPS u get @1024 at Low settings is 8
The FPS u get @800 at Low settings is 11
The FPS u get @640 at Low settings is 15

Screenshots at 1024 High settings
*aycu12.webshots.com/image/34091/2003386238475462055_th.jpg *aycu22.webshots.com/image/36181/2003335933509286972_th.jpg *aycu39.webshots.com/image/34678/2003300783569722080_th.jpg *aycu23.webshots.com/image/34622/2003386935707144325_th.jpg

Any body having Full games do check FPS [the demo has few bugs]

Last edited:
Top Bottom