Good music phone < 10k??

Status
Not open for further replies.

diffuser911

Broken In
Hi Guys,

I am looking for a phone with music capabilities decent enuf to replace my iPod, plus a good camera to take nice shots on my bike trips. Please make a few good suggestions from the recent phones available in the market.

Extending beyond 10k is possible by a couple of thousands.

Thanks,
Sunil

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Nokia N73, Nokia 5700 Xpress Music, SE K790i, SE W810i.

Beware 5700 has average camera.Rest the phone is superb.

OP
diffuser911

diffuser911

Broken In
Hmmm.....the SE K790 seems to be a decent option, with 3.2 MP cam. Can anyone tell me how the audio compares with the W810? I would have gone for the 810, but the model is a bit outdated in the current scene...ditto for the Nokia 6233...

acewin

Point Blanc
W610 seems good...is the cam module same as in W810?

no it has cam module same as K550 if I am not wrong, both have same basic hardware, except the software in both are different suiting their genre of being a camera phone or music phone. also they have the same build quality.

I personally have K550, so I know its good looking phone and both are quiet feature rich phones.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@infra_red_dude
But K550is loudspeaker is much weaker and the headset quality of it on HPM-70 was much weaker than even my W700i.

Will flashing with w610i's s/w make ny difference in speaker nd headset volume?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ I dunno what the default volume of the loudspeaker/headset is but since you are flashing anyways you can put in a custom acoustic pack. No audio issues at all :)

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
My W700i is damaged badly nd id wud take 4k+ for complete repairs.
What do u think infra, whether i shud do the repairs or get a K550i nd flash it?
I already have an HPM-70, charger, and an EP-630 too. SO itll rock on a flashed K550i na?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ Yep, for sure :) spending 4k on repairs is too much. Just try to dispose off the phone. Even if you get 1-2k for W700i in exchange (since its not in working condition, but can be repaired), its worth it to go in for a new phone.

If you are paranoid about 3G then you can get K530i, otherwise K550i is a good phone. You could also think about the K790i. Tho, you can't flash it to a walkman based phone, you can hack every other thing.

acewin

Point Blanc
and if its just for a music phone, SE W350i is also recommended, but I see they are delaying its release here.
M thinking of buying W350i for my sister. The specs are good, and is a Walkman branded.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
My W700i is damaged badly nd id wud take 4k+ for complete repairs.
What do u think infra, whether i shud do the repairs or get a K550i nd flash it?
I already have an HPM-70, charger, and an EP-630 too. SO itll rock on a flashed K550i na?

Once damaged, remains damaged. Don't waste 4k on it. Go for W350i or K550i

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom