Good Linux flavour for the Masses.(humans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
If you are looking for something similar to Windows then stick to Windows XP..

If you are looking for something radically different and refereshing then you could try out Ubuntu DVD

praka123

left this forum longback
Linux is a different OS,let us learn it rather than trying to make/find it similar to Windows.I'll say if u r a n00b,try mandriva...

bharat_r

In the zone
Linspire looks the most like Windows(See Screenshot:*www.osnews.com/img/1.png)

Ubuntu has GNOME interface(which does not resemble windows)
So try Kubuntu which uses KDE (Screenshot:*www.easylinuxcds.com/catalog/images/kubuntu_48.gif)

rohan

In the zone
ubuntu/Kubuntu is great. However, Kubuntu is better as KDE is a bit more comfortable than GNOME(that's my opinion). Mandriva Linux is also very good. It is extremely user friendly. If you want it similar to windows, try out Linspire(formerly Lindows).

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Start this way for KDE. Kubuntu > Ubuntu > Fedora

Frankly speaking, any distro is worth it, all are made for masses =/

I started with Xandros 1.0 ...

vinayasurya

Journeyman
If u r a new user to linux. Then Mandriva is the best. You need fairly good linux experience for using ubuntu. Suse is also good but needs some tweaking skills. So start with Mandriva then move to suse if u want more out of Linux.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Linspire is very similer to windows infact it was first "Lindows"....
But are u really leaving windows,...this is the first time I'm seeing such a thing

But first try out the live Cds and see for ur self....are u serious...

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
prakash kerala said:
I likes gentoo,but for a n00b,fedora/mandriva is better
I am teh Linux n00b and me likes Gentoo (LiveCD) ---Fedora isnt all that good...just that it comes bundled with hundreds of apps. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom