Good idea to laminate touch screens?

yomanabhi

Journeyman
i want to buy and laminate my nokia 5235
will the lamination will cause damage to the screen??
will it reduce the life of phone?
will it reduce its touch response?:-?:???::?

Gollum

Collector
Yes will reduce the touchsensitivity of the phone but even a screen guard does the same. Just get a cheap 10buck popular leather cover and keep the phone in it.

Gollum

Collector
Yes it does. You might not notice that on a capacitive touch screen but on resistive, its quite very noticeable.

utsav

damn busy...
^^ i dont notice any difference at all. well it also matters how the phone is being laminated and the thickness of the sheet used to laminate

Gollum

Collector
You must have laminated the phone as soon as you got it. That is why you didn't notice anything.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
in my opinion lamination dont reduce touch sensitivity....
nokia 5235 is a resistive touch phone, it works on the principle of making contact b/w two different screen layers... and honestly i dont think a thin layer of plastic would be a hinderance as long as you press the screen properly...

utsav

damn busy...
^^ i agree with this. lamination doesnt reduces touch sensitivity. i have used many touch screen phones in the past like Asus P320 , HTC Tytn 2 and others and didnt found any difference in touch screen sesitivity coz of lamination of the screen

sujoyp

Grand Master
yah dont reduce any sensitivity....max people use screenguards and its very similar to lamination...no problem

Top Bottom