Gonna buy Nokia N73 ME, Some queries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renny

Padawan
Hi,

I have a budget of 14K so I decided to go for this mobile,

1. Whats the maximum expandable memory?(Can firmware upgrades or any tweaks or any apps increase the limit?)

2. Does it have WiFi? (If not what will I be losing out on?)

3. Are there any known issues and problems with this mobile?

4. Is there any other better mobile I can get with this budget?(Must have Symbian).

5. Does this mobile have 3D capabilities(Can I play 3D games like NFS etc.).

6. Is the audio quality comparable to Sony Ericsson's Walkman series?

7. How is the Camera's perfomence and
How is the video recording perfomence(Whats the Resolution, FPS, colour depth etc.)

8. And can the firmware be updated easily without any issues?

Lotta questions but please answer them :) .

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
1)4 gb
2)nopes
3)Tends to go slow if not used properly.Eventually slows down in a few months considerably.
4)SE G700 has touchscreen and costs 15k.Its symbian UIQ.Else N73 is your best bet.
5)Yep.Can play 3d games.In fact all mobiles can.A mobile game is yet to utilize 3d gaming functionalities.
6)Not even close.
7)Camera is quite good.In fact one of the best 3.2 camphones around right after thew SE K8xx series.It records at VGA 15 fps if m not wrong.
8)yes.Firmware updates are not a problem.

OP
Renny

Renny

Padawan
^ Thanks.

Are you saying the audio quality is very bad? Because I will be using this mobile mainly to listen to music.

And is this mobile very old or outdated or something :D , and can it be customised easily?

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
I did not say that the audio quality is bad.I said that the walkmans sound much better. Well its old and itsa still running.Also check out the SE G700.You get the same features in a newer model with touchscreen.Oh.I guess the N81 2gb comes at a decent price.But it has some serious build issues.If you like it.Go get the N81.
Customization is not nokia's cup of tea.Sorry.

OP
Renny

Renny

Padawan
^ I had a look at the G700 and it looks pretty impressive, hows its audio quality?

And how is the quality of the cam?

Is the N73 better than this mobile?

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
1. Whats the maximum expandable memory?(Can firmware upgrades or any tweaks or any apps increase the limit?)

2gb

No (but it is not required for normal users)

Install crap and make it slow, it is a fast phone
4. Is there any other better mobile I can get with this budget?(Must have Symbian).

It is having Sybmbian S60 V3 the best symbian and that G700 has UIQ(a little fast)

Yes you can

No, but close enough the sound is loud and if you decrease the sound to 80% it will sound very good if you pair it with ep630 it will rock

How is the video recording perfomence(Whats the Resolution, FPS, colour depth etc.)

i agree with dream (i can't believe he said that :D)

Yes you can without any problem

and about G700 it will cost you 2k more

AND IT LACKS EDGE

btw if you have more queries you can ask here or if you wanna know anything regarding this phone pm me i have N73 ME too

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Hi,

I have a budget of 14K so I decided to go for this mobile,

Lotta questions but please answer them :) .
1. 2GB. No.

2. No.

3. People not used to smartphones usually complain about lack of speed with this phone. If you've used a smartphone before, you won't find that a problem. Keypad is a bit cramped though and joystick is not the best around.

4. Other phones, Yes. Better, Not necessarily. (5700, E51, N81, G700)

5. Yes.

6. Except for bass, it's comparable. Bass is bit lower in N73.

7. Camera is of very good quality. You can check the camera pics thread here in Mobile Monsters (it's a sticky) for an idea as to how good it is. Recorded video is also of good quality. It can record video in CIF (352x288 ) @ 15fps in mp4 format.

8. Yes.

And is this mobile very old or outdated or something :D , and can it be customized easily?
It's old, but not exactly outdated. You can customize it with Symbian apps.

^ I had a look at the G700 and it looks pretty impressive, hows its audio quality?

And how is the quality of the cam?

Is the N73 better than this mobile?
I have a G700 right besides me as I type this and I must say it's a good phone. Audio quality is very good and mostly better than N73.

Camera is decent too however it lacks auto focus, which N73 has.

I'd say G700 is slightly better than N73. But then again, you do pay more for G700, so that's expected.

My advice is, since you'll be using your phone mainly for music, get a N81. It has excellent sound quality, has Symbian S60 OS, wi-fi, and a large display. It'll suit your needs better.

Last edited:

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
7. Camera is of very good quality. You can check the camera pics thread here in Mobile Monsters (it's a sticky) for an idea as to how good it is. Recorded video is also of good quality. It can record video in CIF (352x288) @ 15fps in mp4 format.

hey krazzy it is 640*480 at 15fps in mp4 format the one you are telling is for 3gp format

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
hey krazzy it is 640*480 at 15fps in mp4 format the one you are telling is for 3gp format
Eh? Since when did N73 started supporting VGA resolution video recording? Dude I have absolutely no idea about this. Are you sure? Please check.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
check this sample video recorded from my N73

(i don't have my N73 right now it's an old video i think i recorded it at high settings)

[URL="*rapidshare.com/files/126314702/03052008013.zip.html"]173 kb download video
[/URL]

Last edited:

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
hmm go to settings and make it high and then check

if you don't believe me check the video i posted

MAYBE I AM WRONG cause i don't have the phone right now

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
A comparison of the N78 and the G700 camera.

*img360.imageshack.us/my.php?image=n78vm8.jpgN78

G700

choose your winner.

Last edited:

Power UP

In the zone
Krates the video you posted is 352x288 resolution.
I always use High setting in video dude.

Video Setting
High - Mp4
Normal - 3gp
Low - 3gp

N73 afaik supports a max of CIF resolution.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
1 pic from N73 cam scene mode sports taken from inside a bus :)

*img123.imageshack.us/my.php?image=13062008541fy8.jpg

Krates the video you posted is 352x288 resolution.
I always use High setting in video dude.

Video Setting
High - Mp4
Normal - 3gp
Low - 3gp

N73 afaik supports a max of CIF resolution.

sorry i was wrong :)

Last edited:

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
^^^ yup

lacks autofocus :D

btw the pic you posted check out one more time and see the house roof top on the right both the pic

the N78 Pic is natural and g700 is like animated ( brightness is boosted )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom