Going to Pune

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Ok quite an off topic post here. I am leaving for Pune today at 6:30 am with my father for my Group Discussion & Personal interview in SCIT Hinjewadi. I will be staying in a hotel which I still have to book, however I have no idea about Pune, how things work here & I don't know marathi...(hope that won't be a problem).

Only djmikey lives somewhere near that, but how to survive in Pune for 10 days, till I get my result etc. I will reach there on 11th Feb at about 8 AM depending on whether the train is late or not. What then??? What do we get from there to Hinjewadi? As far as I have heard the public trnsport service in Pune is quite bad, is it?

So, basically what I need is a quick guide to Pune.....I will be checking this thread by my phone while on the move.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Hey Gx not knowing marathi will not be an issue. Even i am in Pune.

To get to Hinjewadi, you can take a PMT bus for Hinjewadi. The no of buses plying from Pune Station to Hinjewadi are pretty less so instead you may try going to Corporation (Ma Na Pa : mahanagarpalika) and take a bus to Hinjewadi. I will PM you my number. Feel free to call me if any probs.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Hinjewadi aa raha hai, lappy to laya hi hoga.

Hinjewadi is pretty far away from the city, so instead of checking in to an hotel in hinjewadi, i suggest you check into some hotel in the city, it would be easier for you to visit places in the city!

Dont worry, marathi aint a problem. One of the issues you might face is being over charged by the autowalas. Dont go anywhere on prefixed charge (except for the station's prepaid service). They may tell you that metre would be expensive and prefixing would be cheap, but more than 90% of the time they wud be lying. Go by the metre and only pay him on seeing the price card.

What all do you plan to do for ten days? Do you have any relatives over here?

thepirateboy

Broken In
hey gaurav i gave my gd/pi for scit...my topics were corruption as a result of democracy and second topic was is plastic money
more insecure than real money....for PI HR round was conducted by Army personals and technical by SCIT teachers...i stayed with my friend at the hostel so cant help you there

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Arre contact chinu bhaiya na. He'll handle everything. No one will loot you or take panga with you either.

amol48

Searching...
You can stay somewhere in Aundh or near Chandani Chowk. Hinjewadi is on Mumbai-Pune highway and it's about 7-8 kilometeres from Aundh and 12-14 km from chandani chowk depending on where you stay.

YOu can find number of buses from these routes to Hinjewadi. If you need my help just PM me. I live near Chandani chowk only.. :)

P.S. Don't stay in MAIN CITY area. It will be too far for you and will burn hell lot of time and money in travelling as well as living !!

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Wow, fast replies. I was able to check this page via my phone in train while I was still inside the border of U.P.

Than for the advice of Casanova, I took a pre-paid auto for Undri where I M living with my reletives. It is 4 KM from NIBM campus. Hotel is not required right now. I might require one in Hinjewadi area so will look for hotels there. Can anyone tell me whether there are hotels in Hinjewadi area or not & what r the charges

@ Pathicks

No yaar, not yet. First let me get admission first. I don't need a laptop for internet access, but bad news is that BSNL GPRS is not working in Pune. Maybe settings for Pune are different from that of LuCknow. Anyone knows the BSNL GPRS settings for Pune???

@ Blushift
I applied for ITBM & Systems, got call for both.

my topics were corruption as a result of democracy and second topic was is plastic money
more insecure than real money....for PI HR round was conducted by Army personals and technical by SCIT teachers

It's Saurav. Thanx for telling me the topics but HR round by army professionals......:confused: yo, i don't wanna join the IT department of Indian Army :D.terrorist nuke it the first.....

Arre contact chinu bhaiya na. He'll handle everything. No one will loot you or take panga with you either

Oh...No...not him again. He doesn't even know how to talk properly to me...mehul bhai...mujh bachche ki jaan mat lo/

You can stay somewhere in Aundh or near Chandani Chowk

Ok...

I m noting the number of all people. Right Now I got the number of djmikey,anank,casanova, & 2 of my friend gals here....that should do for the time being.

But one thing, I miss my bike here ....Rs 30 for 5 km :( ...grrrr loot hai yaar

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Hotels in Hinjewadi, dint see many which would be damn costly. You can try a hotel at Dange Chowk or Wakad. Hinjewadi is a 20 min drive from there

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Ok, this just in. I don't need to stay there. My GD timing is 11 am so I will go with my reletive in his car, give my GD & come back. No need to stay in hotel.

One more thing, I have taken a Vodafone SIM here & activated GPRS on it. I got a SE K750i but I found that With Vodafone live service I can only browse WAP sites & my phone's internet browser is not good enough for orkut etc, & Opera mini is not working with Vodafone Live. Is there any way to use Opera mini etc with Vodafone live?

If I get admission here then I will switch to Idea or BSNL in Pune. At least GPRS works with all the sites.

I m staying in Undri area, anyone close to Undri???

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Well, stay is over. I m going to meet Amol today & in evening might meet Naveed (casanova) in kuthrod area, let's see if Anand Sir can come.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
How did GD/PI go?

GD & PI was good. The GD Topic was "Harshial Punishment should be banned".

PI was taken by some ex-Army Officer.....damn, the guy knows how to irritate you to make u angry & loose control. Good think talking to so much bakwasof GFs has made me strong enough to withstand bakwas.

First list of SCIT is coming on 29th. Let' see what happens.

We had a semi Pune Meet. I met Amol & went for lunch with him, then met Micheal Kale & finally Naveed. We went to Mcdy & Naveed told us the height of a Techie's flirting....*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/10.gif

Gal : I cannot make u my BF, I already got one..*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/2.gif
Naveed : So what, why not have another one. See, I have Windows 98 on my C drive, XP on my D drive & Vista on my E drive & use them all, u do the same....*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/24.gif

We took some pics....will post here if they all permit.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Gal : I cannot make u my BF, I already got one..*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/2.gif
Naveed : So what, why not have another one. See, I have Windows 98 on my C drive, XP on my D drive & Vista on my E drive & use them all, u do the same....*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/24.gif

rofl of the month :D All we need is a bootloader ( literally )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom