Going to get SE K810i. Is it a good choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
I am thinking of getting an SE K810i today. My budget is 11K. Things I want in my phone are;
1. Very good camera;
2. Should let me install softwares like dictionary and games( which all phones in this range do;
3. An OK music player
Every thing in that order.
I message a bit too and I have heard that the keypad may be a problem. The key keypad is confusing me. Is it as bad as written in some reviews?

Indyan

Here Since 2003
I have k810i.
Camera is good. As a 3.2mp camera its very good but cant be compared with say n82's camera.
I find the keypad comfortable to use. The buttons are well placed. But the glitzy and glossy look may not be according to everyone's taste.
The music player is good. Not as good as w series but definitely good. You can flash your phone to get bass boost.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
I am thinking of getting an SE K810i today. My budget is 11K. Things I want in my phone are;
1. Very good camera;
2. Should let me install softwares like dictionary and games( which all phones in this range do;
3. An OK music player
Every thing in that order.
I message a bit too and I have heard that the keypad may be a problem. The key keypad is confusing me. Is it as bad as written in some reviews?

Get N73 if you want good camera + good music + better gaming and softwares then K810I

Get K810i if you want Best 3.2 Mp cam , Music is same and less softwares just got java

N73 got symbian

N73 cam is par with K810i during the day

but but but

K810I if you can live without symbian .....

Last edited:

Tamoghno

Padawan
Yeah if you can live without symbian then k810 will suit you better.

N73 is overall better phone , but i personally HATE n73's camera. So if you care more about camera than anything else , go for it.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
Yeah if you can live without symbian then k810 will suit you better.

N73 is overall better phone , but i personally HATE n73's camera. So if you care more about camera than anything else , go for it.

N73 got one of the best cam

i have found many pics of it better than K810i

if you know how to use the camera settings it is better than K810i

well it is your personal preference so i willl not post much

but for the fact the author of the thread will feal N73 cam is bad i posted mine reply

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Lol...:lol:

Just use the Auto/default mode in both K810i & n73, K810i rules......And K810i even rules if you select special camera modes like Twilight etc.

Moreover K810i has got Xenon flash which is more than 20 times better than the LED flash of N73......You can take awesome night shots with K810i.

For music, just pair the K810i with HPM-70, it blows N73 all ends...

In the end, if you need Symbian, only then get N73....

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
Lol...:lol:

Just use the Auto/default mode in both K810i & n73, K810i rules......And K810i even rules if you select special camera modes like Twilight etc.

It's debatable .................

Moreover K810i has got Xenon flash which is more than 20 times better than the LED flash of N73......You can take awesome night shots with K810i.

This is the only thing good in K810i

For music, just pair the K810i with HPM-70, it blows N73 all ends...

In the end, if you need Symbian, only then get N73....

lol on that why i will buy HPM - 70 priced more than EP-630 if i will use them it will blow HPM 70

Tamoghno

Padawan
N73 got one of the best cam

i have found many pics of it better than K810i

well it is your personal preference so i willl not post much

but for the fact the author of the thread will feal N73 cam is bad i posted mine reply

I'm not saying n73 camera is bad , but i dont think it can be called 'the best' either. Actually i hate the crazy color enhancing of n73. In my experience , N73 always tries to make any green / red greener or reder. So sometimes if someones's wearing like light green color dress , n73 tries to make the green more vibrant and spoils the rest of the picture / skin tone by adding green and make them look like hulk.
I know playing with white balance will help , but why should i , especially when SE phones gets it right most of the time?(BTW- i use dslr camera , so handling n73 is not a problem to me )
And then there is the xenon vs led debate , k810 have a upperhand there too.

Dont get me wrong krates , i do like nokia and i'm a symbian fanboy(never used anything except symbian since ngage days). But i think nokia really ignoring the rs 7k to 15k cameraphone segment. Practically leaving only N73 as choice. But n73 is not for everyone. They should promptly discontinue n73 , bring the price of n78 below 14k and release a imaging focused cheaper 3.2 mpix s40 phone to compete with k790/810.

OP
baccilus

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
Hi. Thanks for the reply guys. Symbian or java is no issue for me. I have been using Nokia 2600 for the last 3-4 ears which had neither. But I do want an excellent camera. How much will both these phones cost?

Indyan

Here Since 2003
I got SE for 12.3K from Sony World recently (2gb mem card included). You should be able to get it for bit less if you get it from elsewhere.

OP
baccilus

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
Ok guys, I got the SE K810i for 11,500/-. Thanks for you suggestion. I think it's great till now. Now tell me a good site from where I can download softwares for it.

1235Sam

Sameer
dont go for n73me
-n73(classic and me) is the cheapest looking phone i have ever seen.just compare it with k810 side by side in real(dont compare online pics)
-it is very slow
-its joystick is worse
-and sound quality through headphones(through hmp 70 or ep 630) is sucks big time as compared to k810/k790.no bass at all.only treble.overall sound is not balanced at all

k810 is indeed very good phone very good cam,gr8 UI,fast,sound quality on par with walkman and plus u can install wide range of java applications.if u r uncomfortable with its keypad then go for k790(same as k810 hardware wise very little software difference) and it is cheaper.so u can use rest of money to buy original hmp 70.

OP
baccilus

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
@1235Sam: I have already bought the K810i and I am fine with it's joystick. I just needed someone to tell me about good sites from where I can download dictionary and games. The site Azzu suggested is good.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
It's debatable .................

This is the only thing good in K810i

Well, it is not debatcle....you're making it a debate...:lol:
Ask Prakash, who had used both that which is better...:lol:

@baccilus
Congrats...:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom