GNIIT Course---------Is it worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desi-Tek.com

In the zone
well i 'll suggest to buy books or learn from cbt niit is worst their exam pattern is worst of all no practical exams. their exams r like kaun banega crorepati.

and what they are teaching in j2ee is completely out dated.

Last edited:

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
Desi-Tek.com said:
well i 'll suggest to buy books or learn from cbt niit is worst their exam pattern is worst of all no practical exams their exams r like kaun banega crorepati.

and what they are teaching in j2ee is completely out dated.

Yeah :lol: i have played Kaun Banega Crorepati many times at NIIT.:mad:
I hate NIIT.:mad:

rk_koutilya

Right off the assembly line
Hi All
After seeing all the comments by you learned people, all little bit of good that i had for NIIT is gone.
I am writing this reply as i am a new member and donot know to post my question as of yet. I am A finance person doing my CA. But i am more interested in computers. I do a bit of programming, write queries in SQL, use crystal reports etc. However i want to know more about internet. How does it work. What are the protocols (I have purchased a book on TCP/IP already). I want to get into other systems, want to do hacking(ethical ofcourse). For this, if i am right, i should learn atleast one web based language. Which is the best one and currently in the peak.

I am not interested in learing a programming language and get into a job. I want to do something new, challending do some discovery / invention.

How to start this.

Can some body help me on this please.

Raj

R

ralph

hey friends i finished my b.com i wanna enter into an IT field will Gniit helps me out or should i prefer some other course like PGDCA,PLZ help me dear friends

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
ralph said:
hey friends i finished my b.com i wanna enter into an IT field will Gniit helps me out or should i prefer some other course like PGDCA,PLZ help me dear friends
If you want to join IT..than U must do some computer related course.GNIT is good course but a long duration course.I will suggest you to join any master degree course .(like post graduate course) along with GNIT.

Anindya

In the zone
ralph said:

plz dont mind but i am compelled to say that why do u ask such a stupid question after 3 pages of posts of discussions on the same topic? First enquire about the centre in which u plan to take admission and then if satisfied with the feedback take admission in it. Thats the morale of the story. Also DOEACC is a very good option. Find out more from www.doeacc.edu.in.

Last edited:

planetcall

Indian by heart
I have done DNIIT ( 2years ) with flying marks. I must say that a firm foothold in technology was provided to me by NIIT. I agree, teachers are not very good because NIIT doesnt pay them too much and those faculties are not very educated (if they are, then they wont join NIIT). NIIT is good for people who are at ground zero. In NIIT I worked with almost all the relevant technologies in .NET and JAVA in year 2001-2003. Much of what I studied, I have not used still in my professional life.
Having NIIT books is good but at the beginning we require assistance.

Another thing is, that industry doesnt take into account NIIT courses. I have never found bells ringing in any interview when I say I have DNIIT. But it does makes difference when I talk about technology in interviews. If you talk about Com+,MTS and MSMQ (all .NET and Windows), with a good background learning all these, trust me..........99% of interviewers have a blank face.

2 hours @ NIIT means 4 hours of work at home. You cant simply rely on NIIT to give you knowledge. You have to have a penchant for knowledge and you need to give as much time to it as you possibly can. I have seen guys mugging up the course and ending up as a looser. Dont do it!

Comparing BE with NIIT, dont do NIIT. BE is always the most accepted one. But if you can manage both(good you are in CSE), then it is up to you. NIIT definitely will boost your placement opportunities. You will be way ahead of NORMAL BE guys. With some additional investments, you can skip batches when your exam comes, but do it with caution.

Hope that helps

P

p.alok

Redo the post in English now..

Last edited by a moderator:

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Kya re tum loga c**** ho kya NIIT NIIT lagaye rahte ho sale NIITse aaj tak kisi ko job mila hi kya lakho rupaye lagakar OB ka job karne ka shock hi tomere pass aakar milo muft me 4-5 thousand ka job dila dunga kyon Niit me apna paisa waste kar rahe ho.Niit bas tumko OB ka job dila sakti hi isliye apna pado aur mehnat karo job khud mil jayega
Watch your language, this is your only warning!

TechnoKiD

Broken In
hi guys.. i dono what GNIIT was back in the years stated above... but now GNIIT is rocking.. My cousin passout from GNIIT in the year 2005 with top rank in the region. He even did not completed his BSc. He got job offers from 4 companies.. with salary all offering 30,000+. He joined one of them... now he is working in Dubai... earning loads more then that... Now how can you say GNIIT is not good... Its not about the Course that you take its about the Brain power you have. If you pass BE with 33% who on earth is going to give you a job....... Industry needs your work, your Brain not the course you have.....

harsha

Broken In
There is a B(Sc) in IT via NIIT, is that worth to take when you dont have a Graduate degree ??

I my self have completed my 12th a year back, tried for AIEEE for 2 times, not much luck, so i am thinking iether for GNIIT or this B(Sc) in IT.. which one should I take ??

D

daniela

What is actually a gniit offers? is it worth for BE final year students?which niit center in chennai is good for the courses?
hmm... listen to this... I too did GNIIT for 2 sems...

so it all depends on various factors...

1. Are you ready to spend nearly a lakh.
2. Are you ready to spend about 3 hours a day at NIIT or doing NIIT-work(aka home work)?
3. Are you willing to do all excercises and not just depend on the faculty?

See, things are like this. 2 out of 5 faculties are good. But many of them dont have info as updated as us, coz we guys spend a lot of time in discussions, so be ready to hear even an intelligent fac. to say that "After ASP, JSP is the most widely used scripting language..." which is 200% wrong

Then, dont wait for the faculty to ask u to do the back excercises of each lesson. Do them if u want to get a good and deep insight into the language, and also u have to read like u do in other subjects, coz tests are totally bookish and not testing ur proggie skills...
If u r interested, u must go after the fac. to get ur doubts solved, even if u get help online,as that will create a good impression - which is a must.

dont listen to others when they say u can learn something on ur own - which I have found to be near to impossible... I started learning PHP on my own for many months and I still have not gone past the intro. pages *blushes*

u r really interested in IT, then GNIIT is truly a really plus point. and one last thing is join in the branch ONLY AFTER enquiring about the status of the center to some existing students... For one, Mylapore is regarded among top 2 in chennai...

for more details, u can PM me and I will give yea my contact no. Since u r in chennai, u can call me up if u so require...

Cheers,
Praveen.
PS: Sorry for the loooooong post

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
@dheeraj - i thought ur in IIT Madras or something.... guess u joined in 2007-8 batch...

@others - very old thread dudes

G

gopupriya

I would suggest you not to take that risk. My sister completed the GNIIT from Nungambakkam Chennai and even after 3 years of course completion she hasn't received the certificate. Many of her batch mates too share the same story. Their administration is pathetic and irresponsible. They give very strange excuses like "you'll get the certificate in one year" or "They lost the data and you'll have to wait till they recover the system". My sister wasted four years and a hefty sum on fees. I would suggest that you join a reliable training centre and not NIIT. All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom