GNIIT Course---------Is it worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Hi, I got a seat for BE CSE in a good college under anna university in management quota. its got good placement and everything. Do I need to go for GNIIT Software Engineering? is it worth it? if so, how will it be useful for me? Anyone who has attended GNIIT plz reply.

magnet

Youngling
arra if u study yourself all the stuff..than its worth...spendin a lac...also through niit...will land u a job in there office as sir.......for 6 months u ask for pay..u will get one tight kick

reddragon

In the zone
look look look better u do self study to get good software knowledge...I know about NIIT much because my sister is working there as a trainer , and she is not a technical person ........ I am telling u the truth none of these caoching centers will give u job ..............the trainers who r teaching there r all polyTech or Bsc Msc ...and they feel frighten to teach students who r BE . dont go there . they will give u a general idea but not much .

reddragon

In the zone
I forgot to tell u a good point >>

although it takes much amount of money and training is not that much good and they will not provide u job but the TUTORIAL BOOKS WHICH NIIT PROVIDE ARE VERY VERY GOOD....IT IS REALLY superb . so try to get the NIIT tech books and study yourself . look for someone who is studying in NIIT and
if possible try get from them . I think some NIIT books r available in the bookshops also , my sister have some of them . basically they ( the NIIT writers ) compiled all the good things from all the good books .thats why it si good . and remember dont study in NIIT save that money for your 4 wheelar..........after doing BE+niit if u becomes a jobless person u will be in EXTREME FRASTRUUU . so dont make that mistake . dont go to NIIT .

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
Hey...........
Now this is where I have to step in .....

I was a student at NIIT Camac Street in Kolkata.

I got the best of teachers that were ever so helpful and provided with the right doses of knowledge and practical 2 me.

They have helped me in all the possible ways that they could.

And don't think that I went in for a 3 month course......

I have studied there for 7 years and I was never disappointed even a single minute.
What the hell do you ppl mean by saying that NIIT faculty and the Company is Not Interested in teaching !!
U have not been to the right place mate or else you might not have been in the good hands of the good teachers that are there in NIIT.

Only those of you who have been in company of teachers that you love dearly will understand my feelings for the teachers that have taught me in NIIT.

I might never have been what I am had I not joined NIIT.
I am what I am because of all the Great Teachers at NIIT camac st. that have brought me up to this level.

cool_dude_prav

In the zone
hmm... listen to this... I too did GNIIT for 2 sems...

so it all depends on various factors...

1. Are you ready to spend nearly a lakh.
2. Are you ready to spend about 3 hours a day at NIIT or doing NIIT-work(aka home work)?
3. Are you willing to do all excercises and not just depend on the faculty?

See, things are like this. 2 out of 5 faculties are good. But many of them dont have info as updated as us, coz we guys spend a lot of time in discussions, so be ready to hear even an intelligent fac. to say that "After ASP, JSP is the most widely used scripting language..." which is 200% wrong

Then, dont wait for the faculty to ask u to do the back excercises of each lesson. Do them if u want to get a good and deep insight into the language, and also u have to read like u do in other subjects, coz tests are totally bookish and not testing ur proggie skills...
If u r interested, u must go after the fac. to get ur doubts solved, even if u get help online,as that will create a good impression - which is a must.

dont listen to others when they say u can learn something on ur own - which I have found to be near to impossible... I started learning PHP on my own for many months and I still have not gone past the intro. pages *blushes*

u r really interested in IT, then GNIIT is truly a really plus point. and one last thing is join in the branch ONLY AFTER enquiring about the status of the center to some existing students... For one, Mylapore is regarded among top 2 in chennai...

for more details, u can PM me and I will give yea my contact no. Since u r in chennai, u can call me up if u so require...

Cheers,
Praveen.
PS: Sorry for the loooooong post

TechGuru#1

In the zone
U Both^^ seem to be 2 REAL damm Lucky Guys!!!
though the case in discussion seems Just the opposite for 99.98 of the cases, the .2% being the abv 2 happy souls

As for me,I am yet to make a personal contact with 1 TRULY SATISFIED "NIIT"an who GOT His/her WORTH!

Anyway,thanks for sharing some unique positive GNIIT experiences on ocassions.It fells oddly GOOD!

alienspiesu

Journeyman
hey guys NIIT's not tat bad for me too..
i had joined up the C language course thre..
tho the normal batch had a fast track course.. my sir went slow track n wud explain me evrythng neat n tidy n even taught me C proprly on linux whereas @ NIIT classrooms they never had to work in linux.. so tat sir was extrmemly helpful to me as v had C on linux in our colg..
so it depends on the faculty n the gud ppl thre..
try enquirin a lot b4 u join/~~

magnet

Youngling
niit depends on area.......here in mumbai(chembur)...they took students money and closed there centres........also at one centre they suddenly closed and told students to go to other place which is ard 10km away without informing.......

those who survived frm niit r luky...or else they r jus money making machine

suave_guy

pedal to metal
NIIT and other silimilar institutions are a total cr@p if you ask me...no job placement creditibility and the faculty is just average...most of the facutly members are computer students who could not get any job elsewhere...

though i wud say that its good for short term 3 months or 2 months course during summer vacations and thus can be helpful to learn new software in a short duration...but graduating and spenfing lots of money on NIIT is worthless...

ENjoy...

only_moin

Right off the assembly line
for cracking MCA enterance exam is Gniit course good enough?

gist: know little about comps- will gniit course make me good enough to make it through mca enterance exam in a year?

hi,
i am a grad, Bsc, and intend want to get into MCA, next year. i know very little about computers. i am thinking - if i take one of the gniit offered courses for a year will i be good enough to crack the enterance exams for mca by next year. my maths is good, although i lost the Honours in part1 bsc exam. i live in calcutta. i read a thread here somewhere that their center at camac st is quite good. plz help me, i really wanna do mca.

thanks

Only_moin
Calcutta

eagle_y2j

Youngling
Re: for cracking MCA enterance exam is Gniit course good enough?

Hey frnd does NIIT walle parate bhi hai kya.......................... here at my city they don't. Wat is condition there at kolkata ?

i live in calcutta
man r u still struck at calcutta......................(i heared tat now we call it kolkata )

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Re: for cracking MCA enterance exam is Gniit course good enough?

Don't know will GNIIT help in ur MCA entrance exam but I'm sure that it'll help a lot in ur whole MCA course. :)

I'm doing MCA from IGNOU and there is no entrance Exam, thats why I dont know about entrance exam! But doing some computer course like GNIIT helps a lot in MCA coz I hv seen many students who didnt know nething (or knew a little) about computers having troubles...

I too did DNIIT course from IGNOU and it was good...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom