Gmail overtakes Yahoo! Mail as India’s #1 email service

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewsBytes

In the zone

The popularity of Gmail in India cannot be denied, but even we were a bit surprised by a new report that stated it has already gone past Yahoo! Mail as the country’s most preferred email service.

LiveMint is reporting that Internet user measurement and analytics platform agency ViziSense is crowning Gmail as the numero uno email service, ending Yahoo! Mail’s 10-year reign at the top. 

According to the agency, the number of unique users of Yahoo! Mail dropped from 18.2 mi...

To read the full news article, click here

nix

I think google needs to do something about the tons of spam mail making way into my inbox. in that sense, yahoo is much better.

coolchop

Technology making us DUMB
Yahoo! gives me the nostalgic feeling, cannot deny the simplicity of Google. Yahoo!'s cool new features might give them an edge, but it is for sure that more cool features like wave are coming in future.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's no surprise as gmail offers a lot of features virtually costing not a single penny :p

BTW, I have both gmail and yahoo mail id's but I got more spams in yahoo. actually I use my yahoo account to mark spam mails.

With gmail I had not got any spam mail yet :p

Krow

Crowman
Well, the spam filter is nice in gmail. Gmail labs FTW. I left Yahoo long back. Its a bandwidth hog and used to affect speed a lot back when I had a dialup conn. Basic HTML view of gmail is cool for dialup net users. :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: Gmail overtakes Yahoo! Mail as India’s #1 email service

^^ Yup, Very True. yahoo mail is a bandwidth hog. With the new looking style it's even more on that.

BTW, even nowadays I use gmail's basic HTML view :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom