Gmail & Office Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomjacobm

Right off the assembly line
Guys

I recently tried gmail and liked it so much that I intent to make it my default mail account. But when I tried to synchronize my gmail account to my office outlook by creating a HTTP type account, it asked for a server URL. Can any one help me by providing the required URL?

Thanks

serendipiti

Journeyman
easy!

firstly you will have to enable pop access in settings options in g
mail,then follow the steps mentioned in"configuration of e-mail
client".or better still you can download the automatic account
configurer(this has a link in g mail itself)which will easily configure the
Outlook account for you!

tuxfan

Technomancer
Just a word of caution from me. Gmail is still in beta. Don't rush and make it your default account as yet. Let it come out with its first version and see what services remain free. Let it settle down and only then think about making it your default account.

As regards POP3 settings, login to your gmail account and click on what's new (or something similar) on the top right had corner. There you will find all the info required including how to enable POP3 access and how to set ot up in Outlook.

hitesh_hg

Journeyman
tuxfan said:
Just a word of caution from me. Gmail is still in beta. Don't rush and make it your default account as yet. Let it come out with its first version and see what services remain free. Let it settle down and only then think about making it your default account.

Well being beta or alpha version makes no difference...

usa.net was an alpha version before all the free services were completely shut down..
yahoo used to provide free POP access...

I believe google beta means only for the bugs and error..not services..

Hitesh

tuxfan

Technomancer
I believe google beta means only for the bugs and error..not services..
Being in beta means they have to keep it free. If they demand payment who will agree to try it out? But as soon as they are confident of its working, they may demand payment. You never know. So I advise people to wait for some time and then make it their default mail accounts. Changing default mail accounts is a hell of a task, especially if you have given it to a lot of people. So caution is better. Look before you leap ;) At present you can't have a look at every possible scenario, so don't leap :) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom