GMAIL in OUTLOOK EXPRESS

Status
Not open for further replies.

s_aerin

Too hot for this forum.
hi.
i have configured outlook express to download mail from my gmail account to my pc. gmail also provides u the facilty to download mail from other email services such as yahoo, rediff, sify.

i havent been able to configure my gmail account to be able to do so. while emails can be sent using any account thru gmail, i m not able to download the incoming mail.
does anyone know the settings for doing so.

thanx in advance.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
s_aerin said:
hi.
i have configured outlook express to download mail from my gmail account to my pc. gmail also provides u the facilty to download mail from other email services such as yahoo, rediff, sify.

i havent been able to configure my gmail account to be able to do so. while emails can be sent using any account thru gmail, i m not able to download the incoming mail.
does anyone know the settings for doing so.

thanx in advance.

In order to enable Gmail to fetch your mails from Yahoo or Hotmail, you need to have a premium user account

POP3 is enabled only for premium user accounts in Yahoo and Hotmail

OP
S

s_aerin

Too hot for this forum.
but sify is free and i can download dat thru outlook. so i shud have been able to do dat thru gmail also.

OP
S

s_aerin

Too hot for this forum.
so can u give the various settings used to do so.ports,servers et al.

are u using a paid version of these services?

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
s_aerin said:
so can u give the various settings used to do so.ports,servers et al.

are u using a paid version of these services?
No Paid Services. D/W from GAWAB to GMAIL. POP: 995 SMTP: 465
POP: pop.gmail.com
SMTP: smtp.gmail.com

OP
S

s_aerin

Too hot for this forum.
those are exact settings i used, as given in gmail site.still, why cant i access my yahoo,sify and rediffmail?

Last edited:

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
s_aerin said:
those are exact settings i used, as given in gmail site.still, why cant i access my yahoo,sify and rediffmail?

OP
S

s_aerin

Too hot for this forum.
how to add the gawab acct. the page shows
"There was a problem connecting to pop.gawab.com Show error details Server returned error: "Connection timed out" whenever i try to add gawab to gmail.also, gawab isnt downloading mail from my other acoounts.

pls give me a complete walkthrough.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
I have 5 GMail accts. so in some of them theres xternal access while in some of them its not there. So buddy, i am sorry to say that i can't help you coz. i dont remeber the complete procedure. :( Here's a google group which will help you out to solve your problem: *groups.google.com/group/Gmail-Help-Discussion

:)

Last edited:
OP
S

s_aerin

Too hot for this forum.
not really.everyone thinks only paid pop is going to work. ican download gawab, sify but not yahoo or rediff.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
s_aerin said:
not really.everyone thinks only paid pop is going to work. ican download gawab, sify but not yahoo or rediff.
I agree wth u. I have used rediff & yahoo in the past but never liked it due to those worst ads which used to run very slow on my dialup $con. But now i have DSL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom