Gmail Email Now Available In Most Indian Languages

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
SOURCE

You’ve seen Gmail in Hindi but now this popular email program from Google is available in all major languages of India including اردو (Urdu) , मराठी (Marathi), हिन्दी (Hindi), বাংলা (Bangla), ગુજરાતી (Gujarati), ଓଡିଆ (Oriya), தமிழ் (Tamil), తెలుగు (Telugu), ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada) and മലയാളം (Malayalam).

I think this would cover 90% of the 1 billion strong population of India.

To switch to a different language in Gmail, go to the Settings tab and selection a different languages from the Gmail display language drop down. Don’t forget to save your changes.

Last edited:

prem4u

Old is Gold
other ll also receive in bengali.....else recevier can change to english using google translator........

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
wow!!!! thanks for the news.....
BTW, if i sends mail in bengali from gmail, then can receiver of rediff/yahoo read this in bengali??
ok i am going to test it.....;)

hullap

Cyborg Agent
SOURCE

You’ve seen Gmail in Hindi but now this popular email program from Google is available in all major languages of India including اردو (Urdu) , मराठी (Marathi), हिन्दी (Hindi), বাংলা (Bangla), ગુજરાતી (Gujarati), ଓଡିଆ (Oriya), தமிழ் (Tamil), తెలుగు (Telugu), ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada) and മലയാളം (Malayalam).

I think this would cover 90% of the 1 billion strong population of India.

To switch to a different language in Gmail, go to the Settings tab and selection a different languages from the Gmail display language drop down. Don’t forget to save your changes.
i couldnt get the source :|

OP
T

ThinkFree

Technomancer
hullap said:
i couldnt get the source

Sorry for the mistake. Edited .

Tech.Masti said:
BTW, if i sends mail in bengali from gmail, then can receiver of rediff/yahoo read this in bengali??

Rediff supports English - Hindi - Marathi - Tamil - Telugu - Bangla - Gujarati - Kannada - Malayalam . So user should be able to see mail sent in Bengali from gmail. Works with yahoo as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom