GLOBE 7 ........illegal or legal........In INDIA??

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
True Geek

True Geek

Journeyman
nishant_nms said:
Take my suggestion DO NOT USE ANY SERVICE LIKE THIS HEAVELY IT WILL COST U HEAVY

I too have a doubt.
I started the thread just to confirm that is it legal or illigal??

Till now I am confused!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll:

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
True Geek said:
nishant_nms said:
Take my suggestion DO NOT USE ANY SERVICE LIKE THIS HEAVELY IT WILL COST U HEAVY

I too have a doubt.
I started the thread just to confirm that is it legal or illigal??

Till now I am confused!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll:

I am providing the link of sift BB terms & condition read pt. no. 23 & 34

*www.sifybroadband.com/Terms and Conditions_bbsify .doc

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
It is no longer illegal, it used to be before 2001... BSNL's lobbying didn't work... now it is legal... The whole problem was because bsnl/vsnls bottom line would get very badly affected if ppl switched to VoIP for international calls... but the government finally saw sense... it's been legal for quite some time now

OP
True Geek

True Geek

Journeyman
nishant_nms said:
I am providing the link of sift BB terms & condition read pt. no. 23 & 34

*www.sifybroadband.com/Terms and Conditions_bbsify .doc

To which date this T&C belong???
has it been expired or still valid???????//

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
use it sparingly....like once in a while and i guess nothing will happen...use it for 20/12 hours per day and u'll surely be getting into limelight..!!

indian_blues

Broken In
nishant_nms said:

so it means the internet charge will be skyrockted?.....i've have a bad feeling that the calls may add extra charge in net bill :confused:

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
ha ha ha..
imagin indian police arresting you for using VOIP on PC. they dont know the diff between a TV and a Monitor.
ROFLOL

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
I think PC to Phone calling is illegal here in India. I read that Rediff article some time
back. If it's allowed BSNL would lose millions!! That's why they don't allow it.

khansdream

Journeyman
Nice thread for me to come back...!!!!!!!

Well, I am using Globe 7 for last 30 days. And saved thousands of bucks, its fine service, a lil lag while calling on cell but rest are fine.

Regarding legal or illegal, well, its is Legal until you don't misuse it. I guess some guys want to make sure b4 misusing it, so beware it can also be traced, just in case of serious crime.

Ishan

In the zone
Hey..it says 100 mins....but actually it gives $1 account and the money will be used according to call rates...see on the sites...in india it costs more than calling in USA....I am using globe since 8-10 months

plsoft

Journeyman
Yup Ishan u r rite it's $1 a/c. I just installed after reading this thread. I have a 128 kbps airtel connection, called my bros cell phone n i noticed dat the voice reaches late in the receiving end. Moreover, my father cautioned me the ISP's might charge for the service (just being cautious). Is there any way they can do dat?

Last edited:

Ishan

In the zone
@plsoft
No, the ISP's are charging nothing for that..and not even the recievers are charged anything for the calls..I have tested everything...and am using it since long...ALso happy with it..

And abt delay...KUCH PANE KE LIYE KUCH KHONA PADTA HAI...
Ya..and solve this prob I tell the recievers in the beginning only to wait for my voice..and then reply...

Those who know this already..and and are quite..cool and understanding can nicely talk to me...else make a mess..But after all it is free na...who bothors abt time..Keep calm and complete ur wrk on phone...

But 1 ADVICE...
If u have some imp work like calling some higher authorities of any institutes or colleges or ur boss....then it would be better to call them thru ur phone...as it may annoy them.Enjoy!

PrinceHeart

In the zone
What's the matter with indian government. Anything which is not Indian is illegal here in India. Same like Gandhiji's theory. Quit bristish cloths. wow !!

US guys are using these types of VOIP everyday for free, each day/week/month and year even. India is said to be a developing country. But i really doubt if india is developing at all. Lots of indian guys are going out, cause indian is worst when it comes to tech stuffs/jobs/softwares/hardwards and so.. on, the list is too long for me to type. Well u guys know what im trying to say. And about the indian government, I don't know what they are trying to control - The indian population or they are scared that the indian ppl are getting more and more wiser everyday, not like those village ppl many years ago.

Well.. after my exams this month, maybe i will try to make my own VOIP/messenger program. Anyone willing to help ? Can't be that hard right ?

Last edited:

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
indian_blues: Why do you want to know that info ? Sounds extremely suspicious to me. Provide the reasoning for such a question please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom