Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Re: !!.:GIMP~art:.!!

DarkStar said:
Buddy please be more clear I have never used Gimp/PS except cropping and scaling Images I know nothing abt Gimp/PS :p and what about shadow :p
Ok I'll post a small tut for reflection with an example later on, now I have to go.

Well, I was kidding then, but I don't consider graphics on computers as art, dunno but I just can't seem to come to terms with it, art is something physical, emotional and very verbal. CGI is boring IMHO :p

Last edited:

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl

Ok I'll post a small tut for reflection with an example later on, now I have to go.

Well, I was kidding then, but I don't consider graphics on computers as art, dunno but I just can't seem to come to terms with it, art is something physical, emotional and very verbal. CGI is boring IMHO :p
whats that CGI u mentioned ? do u mean Common Gateway Interface ?

BTW, if i was in ur place, i wud make a 100 wallpapers like this and sell them as packages costing $15 :D

OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero

REFLECTION & SHADOW:

*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/reflection_shadow.png *i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/Screenshot-BrushesPatternsGradients.png

It's a very straight forward manual effect. I have made 2 copies of the same text on 2 separate layers as above.

For Reflection, duplicate the text layer using the 4th icon from the bottom left in the channel box, move it using Move tool(M) to where you want it, modify it by applying some Filters > Blur > Gaussian Blur, flip it horizontally by using Tools > Transform Tools > Flip (Shift+F) and click while holding Ctrl.

For Shadow, do the same except Flip while reducing the Opacity using the channel box. You may change to a desired color in both the effects as needed. Also try some nice intermediate effects between layers like ripple or clouds(all available in Filters).

GIMP however lacks direct layer effects(as in PS) like drop shadow, bevel, emboss etc but this can be installed using FX-Foundry script package from Gimp-tutorials.net. To install, unzip the downloaded files(.scm) into your /home/user/.gimp-2.4/scripts/ directory and restart GIMP.

OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero

Yeah, I've better myself, FEEL IT :)

*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/gimp_drink.png​

mad1231moody

Journeyman

Well certainly a thread that needs to be bookmarked. Friend the "Feel the Gimp" pic is awesome. You are getting better by the day. For every pic u post try and write a tut if possible ;)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

Yeah, I've better myself, FEEL IT :)

*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/gimp_drink.png​
holy mother of god .. that is splendid man simply amazing :shock: great art work

Rahim

Married!

Now I have to get my hand dirty with Gimp after seeing these great pics from hittboxxx

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent

How to create these types of images ?

1 *www.taimila.com/pics/entertainer-promo-small.png
How to provide that mirror surface ?

*www.taimila.com/files/orange_wall_thumb.jpg
In the above wallpaper you can see . It is giving shadow to the base a like black shade .. How to do that :D

OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero

Its the same except they have added an inbetween gradient of white to transparent. Observe the layers below, behind is white and top is gradient, the inbetweens are the image and its flip and an additional shadow layer for the image.

*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/explain.png

As for the wallpaper, see here *gimp-tutorials.net/node/106

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent

Thanks again.. Get ready to be frustated cause I am going to pester you regarding Gimp.. I am feeling gr8 that some1 is going to help regarding gimp :D

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent

Its the same except they have added an inbetween gradient of white to transparent. Observe the layers below, behind is white and top is gradient, the inbetweens are the image and its flip and an additional shadow layer for the image.

*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/explain.png

As for the wallpaper, see here *gimp-tutorials.net/node/106

You are not getting me look at the small preview image of the wallpaper.. He has modified that... See the small image in dropping shadow... How to do that

OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero

WATERDROPS: (Dodge Method) .......................[Also see Gradient Method using Photoshop]
[..I prefer Dodge because I can have more control on color and shape..]

It's a wonderful effect and following is one of the methods to do it.

1) Start off with creating a new image, filling some color on the background, creating a new transparent layer on top of this layer.

2) Then select a circle brush with black as foreground color and mark the drops on this transparent layer.
*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/1.png

3) Go to Fx-Foundry > Layer Effects and apply both the layer effects.
*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/2.png

4) My values are as follows
*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/3.png *i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/4.png

5) Hide the transparent layer or completely delete it if you're satisfied with the effect.
*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/5.png

6) The layers are in masked mode yet, so complete it by Applying Mask. (..Also both the layers should be in multiply mode with a half opacity factor..)
*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/6.png

7) Select the background layer, put the foreground color as white and choose a fuzzy brush.
*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/7.png

8.) Using the Dodge tool, put the Exposure to a mild value in the settings and stroke on the drops to get a mild gradient.
*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/8.png

9) Finally, all the drops are uniform in shape which is not realistic, so use the wonderful IWarp effect available in Filters > Distorts. Put some values and start stroking the drops.
*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/9.png

There its DONE :)

*i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/drops.png *i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/ferrous_cranus/fakedrops.png​

Last edited:
OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero

You are not getting me look at the small preview image of the wallpaper.. He has modified that... See the small image in dropping shadow... How to do that
I'm not sure that I follow you. Are you asking how to get a shadow like this here?
*www.taimila.com/files/orange_wall_thumb.jpg Its pretty simple as I have said before, give a drop shadow and gaussian blur it. If you mean how to create this from a portion of an image, just use the rectangle selection tool, copy it to a new layer and apply the effect including the rounded border thing.​

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!

Hitboxx you freaking rock man. Keep up the good work. I might learn a thing or two from this . :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom