Ghost~Instals WinXP in 3 mins

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbasu

Broken In
I think some are really confused about the System Restore function and Image back-up utility. The concept is totally different as the former is a settings & files back-up utility and the latter is a drive imaging and back-up solution.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
My primarydrive has 8kb of bad sectors. I tried to use nero to make an image, but it failed. Can ghost or acronis true image create me a image.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
My XP takes 3 GB approx. on C: Drive and Acronis creates its image of 1.67 GB approx. And in restoring/creating image it hardly takes 3 minutes. :D

pop143

Journeyman
btw the norton ghost , newer version is changed the name to norton
""Save and restore"".

ghost is no more...!!!

this newer version has filter options , and fileas and folder back up ; integrated to symatec virus protection etc... similar to acronis ...speed also little less than acronis....(sorce: PC WOrld)

hansraj

In the zone
guys i would like to ask if it is possible to restore a partition if i have formated that drive in ntfs format and then i have to restore it?
the prob faced by me is i made an image but when i logged on into dos mode the c: partition was not visible as it was in ntfs format and my d: became the c: drive so..... what should i do
also i dont want to make an image in fat32 format as it is relatively slower on my configuration(i dont know why) but its true.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
hansraj said:
guys i would like to ask if it is possible to restore a partition if i have formated that drive in ntfs format and then i have to restore it?
the prob faced by me is i made an image but when i logged on into dos mode the c: partition was not visible as it was in ntfs format and my d: became the c: drive so..... what should i do
also i dont want to make an image in fat32 format as it is relatively slower on my configuration(i dont know why) but its true.

Both ghost and acronis allow u to make boot disks thru which u can boot up ur system and restore the image .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom