Getting customer support or repairs of nook simple touch

hari1

In the zone
I have decided to buy nook simple touch from homeshop18. :mrgreen:This ereader is really good.
But I want to know if I get any problems with it, can I get it repaired in india? Any customer support (non barnes and noble). I dont want to waste money on something that could become useless because of some problems and have no way to repair it anywhere in india. I am from haryana.:mrgreen:

Mihir

Right off the assembly line
It seems like a better option than the Kindle. You get a MicroSD slot. Do you plan to buy books from the B&N store or transfer your own PDF and epub files?

Damn, it's been a month since I started looking for a good reader/affordable tablet and I still can't decide.

tkin

Back to school!!
You can't repair it from a authorized service center in India(as it has none), you could try local mobile repair shops(but fat chance getting it fixed by them).

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Getting it repaired by local mobile shops = Zero Chances

The guys at the local mobile repair shop would be seeing it for the first time in their life if you take it to them. Especially in Haryana.

Ask HS18 for dealer warranty of some sort.

I bought Kindle last year and it has given me no problem till now.

OP
hari1

hari1

In the zone
Getting it repaired by local mobile shops = Zero Chances

The guys at the local mobile repair shop would be seeing it for the first time in their life if you take it to them. Especially in Haryana.

Ask HS18 for dealer warranty of some sort.

I bought Kindle last year and it has given me no problem till now.

Home shop 18 does not give any dealer warranty.

It seems like a better option than the Kindle. You get a MicroSD slot. Do you plan to buy books from the B&N store or transfer your own PDF and epub files?

Damn, it's been a month since I started looking for a good reader/affordable tablet and I still can't decide.

I will download any free books if available. But I will transfer 99.99%:-D of all ebooks and pdfs myself from my computer. I will NEVER buy any book from the store.:-D

Mihir

Right off the assembly line
I will download any free books if available. But I will transfer 99.99% of all ebooks and pdfs myself from my computer. I will NEVER buy any book from the store.

Let us know how the registration with B&N goes once you get the reader.

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Home shop 18 does not give any dealer warranty.

You are a customer. Use your power. Ask for Dealer Warranty. No harm in asking once.

Amazon covers warranty internationally. If someday my Kindle dies, I can ship it back to Amazon. Amazon will reimburse the shipping costs. I don't think B&N will provide such service. Check with 'em.

btw, Nook ir really VFM at 7k. Official price is 79$, right?

OP
hari1

hari1

In the zone
You are a customer. Use your power. Ask for Dealer Warranty. No harm in asking once.

Amazon covers warranty internationally. If someday my Kindle dies, I can ship it back to Amazon. Amazon will reimburse the shipping costs. I don't think B&N will provide such service. Check with 'em.

btw, Nook ir really VFM at 7k. Official price is 79$, right?

I will become really happy if you find nook for 4k or less:lol:. No websites provides a good kindle or nook cheaply. There is at least a cost of Rs. 2000 to get kindle shipped in india.:evil:

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
I will become really happy if you find nook for 4k or less:lol:. No websites provides a good kindle or nook cheaply. There is at least a cost of Rs. 2000 to get kindle shipped in india.:evil:

Yeah, I know that. Nook was retailing @ 79$ sometime back @ BN.com
Now it's 99$. (About Rs. 5400). I would say 7k is reasonable.

Top Bottom