Getting banned all over!

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Well this is a weird problem i'm facing since months. I dunno why, My IP is banned on following forums jhonnyguru, corsair, pcmech, and many more of which i don't even know names, though i had never visited those. Just used to visit jhonnyguru seldom. I also contacted admin of pcmech, he told that to avoid spammers, he banned the whole IP range, wtf!!

*i.imgur.com/KbEBD.jpg

Has static/dynamic IP thing got to do something with it. I guess we're allocated static IP in broadband.

Sarath

iDota
Looks like you live closer to Russia :D

On a serious note, ask the admin to free the IP range. You must have. What did he/she say?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Well, its the problem with dynamic IPs. The same thing happened to me in the p2p world. I used to be quite an old member of 7-8 sites. Got banned everywhere for same reason stating that, my IP is in the same range with a ratio-cheat.
:lol:

Here in your case, you can't do anything but to send support ticket to the admin, and hope that he understands everything.

OP
dashing.sujay

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
@Sarath- I think i live in Hackstrovia :D

Followed by the already posted mail, these followed-

*i.imgur.com/DvuRG.png

Then i got pissed off, and didn't do anything untill i found out myself to be banned on multiple sites :x I'll have to send an e-mail now to each and every admin. :(

@db6mg- I guess dynamic IPs are allocated with Dial-up connection, not with broadband connection (correct me if i am wrong)

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
@db6mg- I guess dynamic IPs are allocated with Dial-up connection, not with broadband connection (correct me if i am wrong)

No. Even broadband connections have dynamic IPs, unless you get a static IP specifically by your service provider.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Call center advertisement 'SEO' spammers who typically have Airtel connections. Had this not been an Indian forum, I'd have done the same. Spamming is a good industry in India and China.

Switch to Opera and turn on Opera Turbo to browse these sites. Another reason why Opera > all other browsers.

sygeek

Technomancer
I've had the same problem with some sites. Only alternative, there's an application I use, called tunnelbear, which acts as a proxy (not technically). Basically it is a VPN service, which tunnels your internet connection to US/UK. It's primarily meant for privacy or accessing location-restricted sites.

500mb/month limit for the free account. Do some promos and other stuff, and you can easily add up to 2gb.

I'm on the pro account though, $5/month, unlimited. Pretty cheap.

OP
dashing.sujay

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
No. Even broadband connections have dynamic IPs, unless you get a static IP specifically by your service provider.

I have heard your ip remains static untill and unless you restart your modem, is it true? If it is, i never turn my modem off.

Call center advertisement 'SEO' spammers who typically have Airtel connections. Had this not been an Indian forum, I'd have done the same. Spamming is a good industry in India and China.

How'd have you done it? I didn't got it exactly.

PS- Why this "had this been Indian" thing? What this has got to related with Indian forum or some other?

Switch to Opera and turn on Opera Turbo to browse these sites. Another reason why Opera > all other browsers.

How come enabling turbo solves that? :-? I guess it then uses its server as a gateway to load faster(virtually acting as a proxy) ? BTW thnx for info.

I've had the same problem with some sites. Only alternative, there's an application I use, called tunnelbear, which acts as a proxy (not technically). Basically it is a VPN service, which tunnels your internet connection to US/UK. It's primarily meant for privacy or accessing location-restricted sites.

500mb/month limit for the free account. Do some promos and other stuff, and you can easily add up to 2gb.

I'm on the pro account though, $5/month, unlimited. Pretty cheap.

Thnx man, i will try it, rep+ :)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here's what I mean.

I have banned almost whole of China because I used to get hundreds of spammers. May be they get spammers from India, so they have banned many Indian IP ranges.

If I was the owner of that forum, I'd have done the same. :)

btw, you guessed right about Opera Turbo.

OP
dashing.sujay

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Got it, thnx :) btw I don't think Indians are spammers like those chinese. (strict offense)

Also personally, i like opera, but dont use becoz the cursor doesn't changes to hand when taken over a link :p :)) (may be its a stupid reason, but isse mujhe feel nahi aati browsing karne mein :p ) But i really miss the mouse gesture feature :(

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
Here's what I mean.

I have banned almost whole of China because I used to get hundreds of spammers. May be they get spammers from India, so they have banned many Indian IP ranges.

Tell me about it. I've banned almost half of EU , China & Ivory Coast because spammers :/

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tell me about it. I've banned almost half of EU , China & Ivory Coast because spammers :/
Do you use reCAPTCHA verification for registration in Chip? Because it sucks.

I use random questions like 'Where is Satish Dhawan Space Center?' ... 'Capital of Mizoram?' ... etc. This keeps those human Chinese CAPTCHA solvers at bay.

My ip was banned for about 6 months in this forum!!
Should have contacted me in that case. :)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are these reCaptcha and phpBBcaptcha breakable y botnets/ spammers ?
I can vouch for the fact that default phpBB and MyBB CAPTCHA are easily breakable.

Earlier this year I was seeing thousands of Russian spammers registering. I googled and found that reCAPTCHA was cracked. I moved onto questions then.

Top Bottom