Get Free Sun OpenSolaris CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
link :

Sun is giving away OpenSolaris Live CD For FREE! .It even covers the media & shipping charges. you will get CD delivered at your doorstep with 2-5weeks of ordering. best part is you don't have to pay a single penny for this.OpenSolaris 2008.05 for x86 is available to use free of charge.
The OpenSolaris 2008.05 Live CD makes it simple to boot to a fully functional desktop environment, including Firebox and Thunderbird, without the need to install onto your system. After familiarizing yourself with the OpenSolaris environment, you can then choose to install it onto your disk. Once installed, you can connect to the OpenSolaris Package Repository to install additional software at OpenSolaris.org.​
Order Form - Request for Free CD
The Free CD will be shipped via United States First Class mail and could take 2-5weeks before it reaches you so if you want it fast then download it from OpenSolaris - Download Page.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
I got mine on Monday within 2 weeks. The packaging was pathetic but thankfully that didn't damage the disc.

link :

Sun is giving away OpenSolaris Live CD For FREE! .It even covers the media & shipping charges. you will get CD delivered at your doorstep with 2-5weeks of ordering. best part is you don't have to pay a single penny for this.OpenSolaris 2008.05 for x86 is available to use free of charge.
The OpenSolaris 2008.05 Live CD makes it simple to boot to a fully functional desktop environment, including Firebox and Thunderbird, without the need to install onto your system. After familiarizing yourself with the OpenSolaris environment, you can then choose to install it onto your disk. Once installed, you can connect to the OpenSolaris Package Repository to install additional software at OpenSolaris.org.​
Order Form - Request for Free CD
The Free CD will be shipped via United States First Class mail and could take 2-5weeks before it reaches you so if you want it fast then download it from OpenSolaris - Download Page.
err... WHY did you copy Gary's blog post here ? :evil:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Got it daybefore yesterday , checked it with my laptop , Display was detected properly and drivers loaded but no ethernet or Wifi drivers worked with it :mad: .. have to check it on my computer on my next reboot. root account is not enabled by default.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
It makes little or no point in getting OpenSolaris when Solaris itself is opensource and free IMO. Whats the difference ?
OpenSolaris comes as a LiveCD and main audiance is new guys wanting to try our solaris , where as Solaris is for intermediate to advanced users as well as enterprise users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom