GeForce GTX 550 Ti OR Zion 2 GB DDR2

SovonHalder

Condition:___ Abnormal
It's been about 5 days since I bought my GTX 550 Ti. First game I played on this was Prototype which ran smoothly.
The second one was Assassin's Creed(2007), in this game I pointed a pretty big issue that when I move Altair forward, things(houses/trees/objects) in distance pops up, and other thing was, when I move closer to an object, the shadow of it gradually refines it's edges.

I played both the games in max settings.
But now when I try to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 in max settings, the game hardly runs.

What kind of problem is this? My config is here . .

PSU: Seasonic S12(II) Bronze - 620W
Motherboard: Intel DG31PR
Processor: Intel Core2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz
RAM: Zion 2GB DDR2
Display: Samsung SyncMaster 743NX [Maximum resolution is 1280x1024x75 hertz]

I gave all the information I could collect myself. For more system information I ran myself a CPU-z test on my PC. The result is here . .
*valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/2472463.png

I really have no idea if it's my Motherboard/Processor/RAM/GPU, for which I am having this problem. PLEASE HELP ME OUT . .

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
2GB is sufficient for that resolution. though adding ram will increase FPS but game should be playable at your monitors native resolution. check if VSync is on (i don't know if COD have VSync support). And secondly check if your game is upto date.

zinbart

Broken In
Try deframent of your HDD and i guess RAM is the culprit here. Check your Ram usage when running game, You may also want to increase virtual memory...

Myth

Cyborg Agent
In Task Manager, check the ram usage before and during the game.
Install the latest graphics drivers.
Change the graphics settings to low in the concerned games and check for differences.

OP
S

SovonHalder

2GB is sufficient for that resolution. though adding ram will increase FPS but game should be playable at your monitors native resolution. check if VSync is on (i don't know if COD have VSync support). And secondly check if your game is upto date.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 doesn't have VSync & My game is upto date.

Try deframent of your HDD and i guess RAM is the culprit here. Check your Ram usage when running game, You may also want to increase virtual memory...
My HDD is always properly defragmented.

In Task Manager, check the ram usage before and during the game.
Install the latest graphics drivers.
Change the graphics settings to low in the concerned games and check for differences.
The RAM usage before & during gaming is here. In lower graphics settings there is no problem at all.

BEFORE *i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj527/SovonHalder/Untitled-2.png
DURING *i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj527/SovonHalder/Untitled2.png

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Increased virtual memory ?
Installed latest nvidia graphics drivers ? if yes, reinstall the same.

If you have done the above things and the problem still persists, experiment with the video settings and check the performance.

If nothing works, check the ram and gpu separately on another system.

OP
S

SovonHalder

Increased virtual memory ?
Installed latest nvidia graphics drivers ? if yes, reinstall the same.

If you have done the above things and the problem still persists, experiment with the video settings and check the performance.

If nothing works, check the ram and gpu separately on another system.

I have latest Nvidia Graphic Driver installed properly . .
But what do you mean by increasing virtual memory?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ yep, Op should get at-least one more 2GB memory module r else he will face lagging issue with games like Crysis - I've faced such issues when I only had 2GB ram and vista x64 SP1 OS though after upgrading to 4GB the games ran like butter ;-)

Top Bottom