gaming rig..please help guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

imgame2

Padawan
Hey no hard feelings imgame2..my dealer is my good friend...he can get any possible hardware i request for...but he just gave his personal experiences...Also if you search for msi and gigabytes mobo..you will always se heating, cap burning...issues with these mobos...dont wanna risk on all those things...

The machine I have right now has intel 865GBF mobo which does not have a onboard video..and i had bought 6600gt..but right now i cant find a original intel board without a onboard graphics..or else i woud have surely gone for it...

nothing about the hard feelings here we are telling what is good ..so far we haven't heard any problems ...and i never saw any heating of capacitors bursting ...infacting comapines like ASUS,gigabyte and MSI use better capacitors than ..intel ..so u have that risk of bursting capacitors more with intel if u ask me ..

just like RAJ said about ...MSI is good ..but ifu want to stick to intel its urs choice ....

OP
J

jetboy

Journeyman
Hey Im and Raj thanks for the info....I will go for it and let you know back once done...I will give the order....might get it within 2 days...

very eager to get my hands on the hd 4870 and ope i have great gaming experience ;-)

Thanks a lot for all the help guys.... :)

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Well this is what I'm going to get by this week's end. Please do comment on it:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (stock HSF, No Overclocking but u never know that's why SLB9J one)
ASUS P5Q Motherboard
Palit HD4850 or some Nvidia card u guys suggest as Nvidia is "The way it is meant to be played"
Kingston or Corsair 2x2GB DDR2 800MHz RAM
WD 640 AACS or AAKS
How do u like dem apples?

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Wait, about 1.5k lesser is the Biostar i45, and it's an awesome buy @ 7k.

Do check up to it, it is indeed good...

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (stock HSF, No Overclocking but u never know that's why SLB9J one)
ASUS P5Q Motherboard
Palit HD4850 or some Nvidia card u guys suggest as Nvidia is "The way it is meant to be played"
WD 640 AACS or AAKS
Go for it... No flaws...
Choose Palit HD4850 as its the best VFM now....MAy be nvidia gets their hands into it after a year....:D
640GB AACS- This one is fastest(Think so:rolleyes:)
Corsair RAM Preferred....

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
ASUS P5Q Motherboard
WD 640 AACS or AAKS

AWESOME!!! buy it!!

Go for the AAKS

imgame2

Padawan
Gonna take the plunge tomorrow, got late buying it as went to Shimla wid homies to chill out literally :D

go for AAKS ..only ..also seagate 640 GB (32mb) is also available at same price ..look if u can get that .....its seek time is 2ms more than 640 gb .AAKS ...but cache is 32 mb ...so transfer rate performance is better

OP
J

jetboy

Journeyman
Hello Guys,

I finally have the system ready with me :)

Hell broke out when it was throwing a physical dump blue screen error while installing winxp. It was then I came to know from the intel site that it needs winxp sp2 cd for installation...where as I used to use the winxp and then install the service packs from Digit DVD ;)

The computer guy has now installed winxp. I have to just add the sapphire 4870 card and install the drivers..which i really hope goes through smoothly....

Will let you know how it performs..once i am ready to play :)...thanks for all the help guys...

Happy gaming to all and me ;)

toofan

Technomancer
Please post your review in the following link it will be more easy to spot.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93505

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Guys I've got the following and now having some problems:

1. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
  2. ASUS P5QC Motherboard
  3. MSI R4850
  4. PATRIOT 2x2GB DDR2 800MHz RAM
  5. Corsair TX750W
  6. CM 690 Cabinet
Got P5QC 'cause everyone in Nehru Place was saying that P5Q is having trouble, dunno what. Had to buy MSI one as the whole friggin' Nehru Place was stocked with MSI cards, no stock of Palit one anywhere. Got Patriot RAM as OCZ was getting out of budget, please comment on this as I'm trying it for the first time. Rest PSU and Cabinet are piece of art! now the trouble part:

1. With my old Nvidia 7600GT, I was easily able to get the res. of 1360x768 but in this ATi card there is no option for this resolution, after 1280x1024 next one is straight 1600x1200! As the display is a HDTV, the only applicable res. is either this or my current 1024x768. Even on selecting 1280x768 screen shifts to the right. Please tell me the solution to this, I was really having high hopes with this ATi card. :mad:
  2. Next trouble is that as expected, my current UPS is not Pure Sine Wave one so as soon as the power goes, so does the system too with UPS as squealing like a pig! Please tell me the make,model and price of a good Pure Sine Wave UPS capable of handling TX750 without any hitch. :confused:
Please help me guys as all this heavy hardware is useless without proper visual experience and power trouble looming over head. :(

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
  1. With my old Nvidia 7600GT, I was easily able to get the res. of 1360x768 but in this ATi card there is no option for this resolution, after 1280x1024 next one is straight 1600x1200! As the display is a HDTV, the only applicable res. is either this or my current 1024x768. Even on selecting 1280x768 screen shifts to the right. Please tell me the solution to this, I was really having high hopes with this ATi card. :mad:
  1. It's not the card's issue for sure.I am able to get 1360x768 on the same card.Here check this out:

*img221.imageshack.us/img221/2843/newvb4.th.jpg*img221.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Well here, as I told before, I get 1600x1200 straight after 1280x1024 :mad: Its same in both the cases, i.e. in Settings under Display Properties or in ATi Catalyst Control Center. How to get the res. of 1360x768 Please tell me :( and please also do something about that UPS query too...:( Right now I'm not happy with all the $h1t I just spent 40 grand on. :mad:
Check out the screenshots:

*img356.imageshack.us/img356/9571/desky2pk2.th.jpg

*img78.imageshack.us/img78/5672/deskylq1.th.jpg

*img525.imageshack.us/img525/4991/desky3kw8.th.jpg

Last edited:

imgame2

Padawan
Well here, as I told before, I get 1600x1200 straight after 1280x1024 :mad: Its same in both the cases, i.e. in Settings under Display Properties or in ATi Catalyst Control Center. How to get the res. of 1360x768 Please tell me :( and please also do something about that UPS query too...:( Right now I'm not happy with all the $h1t I just spent 40 grand on. :mad:
Check out the screenshots:

it clearly is the problem of ur monitor not being recognized ..u see in the pic it says default VGA monitor..it should say the model of ur monitor..for example for me it says samsung syncmaster..it should say the same for ur monitor ...since its taking ur monitor as default monitor it doesn't understand the resolution ur monitor can support ....

whats ur monitor..??

go to device manager and update the driver to ur monitor ..or simply choose from windows driver present for ur monitor..once its recognized u should be able to get all the resolution ur monitor supports ...

and AFAIK corsair doesn't require sinewave UPS ..infact comp doesn't require pure sine wave input at all ...one of the forum member has recently purchased HX620W and is using it with APC 650 VA ..u can ask if that works fine for him ..if it does ..u can buy that ...

PS- whose wallpaper do u have on desktop ?? :confused:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
it clearly is the problem of ur monitor not being recognized ..u see in the pic it says default VGA monitor..it should say the model of ur monitor..for example for me it says samsung syncmaster..it should say the same for ur monitor ...since its taking ur monitor as default monitor it doesn't understand the resolution ur monitor can support ....

whats ur monitor..??

go to device manager and update the driver to ur monitor ..or simply choose from windows driver present for ur monitor..once its recognized u should be able to get all the resolution ur monitor supports ...

and AFAIK corsair doesn't require sinewave UPS ..infact comp doesn't require pure sine wave input at all ...one of the forum member has recently purchased HX620W and is using it with APC 650 VA ..u can ask if that works fine for him ..if it does ..u can buy that ...

PS- whose wallpaper do u have on desktop ?? :confused:

He is using a HD TV (720p). The wallpaper is of Katrina Kaif I suppose.

@Plasma_Snake
Update your card drivers if you havent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom