gaming rig..please help guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetboy

Journeyman
Hello Friends,

Need some help please. I want to upgrade my gaming rig(2 years older one)

Intel 865GBF
xfx 6600GT 256MB
1 gb Transcend DDR2 400
powersafe 550W psu
Intel 3.0 GHz HT

I want to upgrade motherboard(as it doesn't have pci express slot :-( ), processor , graphics card. My budget is 25K. I need a good graphics card(medium - highend).

Can you please suggest the best ones please...thanks in advance.. :)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
1) ATI HD4850 : 10k
2) AMD 6000+ : 5.5k or Phenom X3 8450 for 6k
3) Gigabyte mobo with 780G chipset (rev 1.1) : 5k
4) 2x2Gb DDR2 800 : 4.5k

1) Core2Duo E7200 : Rs. 5650
2) Abit IP35-E : Rs.5.5k
3) 2x2Gb DDR2 800 : 4.5k
4) ATI HD4850 : 10k

Last edited:

acewin

Point Blanc
just remember if you go for 4gigs of ram use 64 bit OS. Otherwise you will need to workout a little bit.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Good Intel Config suggested but if you are planning to stick around a lil' bit longer you could hope to get HD4870 for 10K as its street price is already 14K and its Big Bro,HD4870X2, is about to hit the shores. :cool:

abhisek_bsws

geek on a roll
Hello Friends,

Need some help please. I want to upgrade my gaming rig(2 years older one)

Intel 865GBF
xfx 6600GT 256MB
1 gb Transcend DDR2 400
powersafe 550W psu
Intel 3.0 GHz HT

I want to upgrade motherboard(as it doesn't have pci express slot :-( ), processor , graphics card. My budget is 25K. I need a good graphics card(medium - highend).

Can you please suggest the best ones please...thanks in advance.. :)
bond's config is all right...i'm just changing the proccy as it will be much more powefull>>>>
1) Core2Duo E8200 [45 nm]: Rs. 8050+vat [this is one of the best overclocker fron intel]
3) 2x1Gb DDR2 800 : 2.1k +vat or 1x2 gb ddr2 800 : Rs 1850+vat (u can later add another ram module 4 a dual channel config.)
4) ATI HD4850 : 10k [this is one of the best mid range card]

toofan

Technomancer
bond's config is all right...i'm just changing the proccy as it will be much more powefull>>>>
1) Core2Duo E8200 [45 nm]: Rs. 8050+vat [this is one of the best overclocker fron intel]
3) 2x1Gb DDR2 800 : 2.1k +vat or 1x2 gb ddr2 800 : Rs 1850+vat (u can later add another ram module 4 a dual channel config.)

Yes abhisekh is right. go for this configuration.

And Ram more than 2 Gb with 32bit systme is of no use better save at ram and invest in processor. Another piece of ram can be buyed any time .

OP
J

jetboy

Journeyman
Sorry guys, was away from pc or a while so was not able to reply to the posts. Thanks a lot for all the help :)

I am changing my graphics card for the third time now and have always gone for nvidia..I am not feeling comfortable with Ati...will it really be a good option to go for?...will this card perform more better than a 8800GTX card?

Also will the midrange graphics card give a good performance for a game like crysis or gears of war, quake 4...etc

Awaiting your reply. Thanks a lot again :)

Last edited:

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
How about HD4850 in Crossfire ?:p

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
hd4850 comes close to the 8800GTX. . .its a good buy. dont get the 8800GTX coz its old , and far too costly for the performance it offers. .

OP
J

jetboy

Journeyman
@sagargv: Thanks for the details.. How about HD4870....and will both 4850 and 4870 support CRT monitor or only HD?

Whats the price of HD4870?

And does crossfire means I can add up another card in furture?? Will this give double performance?..sorry I have no idea about crossfire

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
HD 4870 costs 20K right now. Any GPU will work with CRT but the higher resolutions can be experienced using a LCD monitor only so go for a 22"-24" Dell LCD monitor. Crossfire means you can add up an identical card later, the same model and make. This makes 2 cards function as one so if you go for HD 4870 then later u can Crossfire it with a HD 4870 only. It does provides Performance but mainly depends upon the game and settings on which being a played. If you are playibg a game at low settings then u won't know the difference even if u "Quad-Crossfire" it. :cool:

OP
J

jetboy

Journeyman
@Plasma_Snake: Thanks a lot for the info :)...I am pretty happy with the crt and 1280 resolution on my 17inch LG studioworks...Might be I will switch over to the lcd monitor sometime later.

Just one more thing guys, can you please let me know if on a Ati 4850 card I can play with settings on high/very high on resolutions 1024*724 for games like gear of wars, HL2, need for speed carbon, and latest ones....Please do let me know this as I need to finalize the system within couple of days.

Also can anyone tell me within what specific time period 4870's price can drop down under 15k

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
I think at a resolution of 1024x724 you can run crysis at high settings easily with HD4850 so now close your eyes and buy it and after that tell us about the performance of the card.:D:D:D:D

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
BTW the HD4870X2 is slated for next weeks launch and GTX200 series GPU now have 55nm chip. I say both ATi and Nvidia are going to throw everything they've got on the table b4 Intel comes out with Larabee but since now its AMD-ATi, I think Fusion is going to surpass the rest and its going to be an AMD-ATi world soon. ;)

OP
J

jetboy

Journeyman
@toofan_nainital: Ok then let me buy it and see how it works :)..Will surely let you know about the performance :-D

@Plasma_Snake: Thanks for the info. Wish I had all the money in the world..then I would have surely gone for the highest gaming configuration pc from Alienware ;-)

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Everybody hopes the same except those who either roll in greens or earn shitloads of it. That's why I too have delayed my upgrade till next year and upping my GPU and PSU only now. Next year I'll be spending almost 1.5 lac on the upgrades! Right now I've saved 50k besides the 20K for PSU and GPU and expect 30-40K more by the year end. Before u ask,NO i don't have a job, I'm just a student.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
:D Yup! That's the case but its all big misinformation of funds and I'm aided by ma sisters and mother in my operations as they see the future and things my way. Whenever my mum tells my Pa about my plan to buy a 80K laptop, he says "You speak his language, u got no control over the boy"My mum says that we aim to get better technology now so that we can hope for it to last a year or two as No tech stuff can last forever or suffice the needs indefinitely. Poor Pa just frowns and goes away as he's got no answer to this. BTW he is a farmer ;)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ simple, your mom's heart dominates her thoughts and your dad's brain dominates his thoughts

In reality, what is the user of a 20k PSU+ GPU. Gaming. What is the real use of gaming? Just fun.

If you take up Graphic designing as a career and you ask 80k from your dad to join in some academy, he will think twice or thrice, look at the future because there is something useful for that investment and then give you that amount.

He certainly knows that paying 1lac for a gaming rid is just plain useless and is only for fun and timewaste.

On the other hand, your mom just want to see you happy.

@madjeri, Don't blame dad's for this. One day, you will be in the same position (your son want's to buy a 1lac GPU and you think how right it is).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom