Gaming rig future proof not much on prcing

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:GAMING and regular works

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:YES

3. What is your MAX budget?
A:75K

4. Planning to overclock?
A:YES in future if required.

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:windows 7

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:1tb

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A:FULL HD

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:8

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A:NO

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A:1 WEEK

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A:YES STRONGLY

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A:HDD , KEYBOARD ,

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A:CHENNAI

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: Need best and high performance gpu with strong recommended psu cost effective. I prefer amd if nvidia let me know sli in next 3 years. psu should be capable.

Will be adding audio card suggest one too. if any other additional.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
my suggestion -

Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i5 2500k|10500
Motherboard |Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3|11500
RAM |G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL|2600
Graphic Card |MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition/OC|16000
DVD Writer |LG 22X SATA DVD|900
PSU |Corsair TX850 V2|6800
Case |Lian Li Lancool K58W|4300
Monitor |DELL ST2220L|8700
Mouse |Razer Imperator|3000
Mouse Pad |Razer Goliathus Dragon Age II Edition|900
UPS |APC 1.1KVA|4300
Speakers |Logitech Z-506|5000
| Total |74500

that psu will easily handle crossfire of 6950!

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
PLEASE PLEASE MAKE AN EFFORT TO SEARCH THE FORUM!!!!

#1 MEGA Gaming PC (INTEL) 75k

Core i7 2600k @ 15.9k
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 @ 11.5k
Corsair Vengeance 4GB @ 2k

MSI HD6970 2GB @ 20.5k
or
MSI GTX570 Twin Frozr II @ 19.7k

Corsair GS 600W @ 4k
CoolerMaster CM690 II Advanced (Transparent Side panel) @ 5k
BenQ G2222HDL FULL HD LED @ 8.5k
Razer Lachesis Laser @ 3.6k
LG 22x DVD RW @ 1k

Exactly at your budget, guys, if there is a better 23.6" FULL HD LED monitor please suggest to him!

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
I am fine but gpu is my query. Is there any gpu which when added in sli or CF going to consume more than 700 watts power. I am planning for 950 watts PSU.

I had a second thought for 2 psu Does any have any idea on which case that can support that. Second psu i would be using dedicated to gpu alone. So let me know . if it can work in that way.

Also when coming to cpu cooler which is best. i heard Air is better than water. let me know i got some cooler is best costing 6k is it worth.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yes. 2 X GTX580 will eat away close to or more than 700W under full load depending on the rest of the system specs.

source

stick to the one recommended by Jaskanwar . it'll handle 2 X HD6950.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
If you are planning to SLI or CFx your card in 3 years, I'm gonna say, w00t are you JOKING?

In 3 years there will be 3 generation newer cards buddy!

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
I dont believe that can you point a game which will fully utilize the todays gpu at under certain condition the game run slowly. Nope i believe.

My observation as to be precise any game at high settings running at arround 25+ fps is suffice even if highest and deepest scene or texture comes in for load on gpu it will max go down to 8-12 fps down. Where current high end card say 580 or 6950 chew beast game like crysis to more than 30 fps in single card so why i keep on upgrading to generation ahead unless a game even demands more than what i have. So currently say for a year + 1 gpu like gtx 580 can handle almost all games at highest setting 2560x1600. In practical i am not going to use this high resolution at all max full hd 1920X1200.

SLI of these 2 itself close to 50k .which most people have good gaming rig in this price tag.

Its good to have latest but upgrade is not required unless a demand in place.

Top Bottom