Gaming Rig for around 130K

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Read this review, tailor-made for you:- ;)

ASUS GeForce GTX 680 & GTX 670 DirectCU II Top Edition Video Card Reviews - ASUS GTX670 & GTX680 DirectCU II Video Cards - Legit Reviews

Thank you so much. Vapor-X performs very similar to the OC version as I have seen some reviews but OC Edition is quieter then Vapor-X so I guess 7970 is a really good choice for me. :)

like everyone said AX may be ** better but if you want to keep the PSu budget strictly under 12k then HX series is no slouch - both series comes with 7 years warranty and if you can live a with semi modular PSu then HX 850 @ 10.5k is really a great deal IMO.

** Read these ;-)
Corsair HX850 850W Review
Corsair AX850 Review

Thanks. It seems like HX850 is also a good choice, and I am getting it at 10450INR from ITwares. I guess I can pick that up. :)
Performance wise there is hardly any difference between the two, in fact HX850 reached 90+ efficiency at the load which would be used for most of the time. :) So either the Seasonic 850 or Corsair HX850 then, both have a price difference of about 400INR.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yep, Stick with Corsair ..

Btw, there's two version of Corsair HX 850 - one is Gold and anther one is Silver
Corsair HX850 Gold Review

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are you going to delve in some crazy benchmarking like Sumon? ;) HX850 (Silver) is more than enough for you and backed by the similar 7 year warrantee like the AX series. What else do you want?

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Nothing, nothing at all. I'll get HX850 and if the price difference is like 500INR and availability is not an issue then only I'll get AX850.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
^^ In your case even the TX 850V2 is more than enough,since you are not going to run your PC overclocked to the teeth for more than 12hrs a day..and a SSD with the saved 5K is wiser...my two cents...

Last edited:

almightyrohit

Broken In
There is a Corsair TX 850-M model available at mdcomputers. You may want to check that as it is modular and being offered at a great price

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Corsair TX850v2 = cable mess. :(

HX or AX for me. Modular.

A proper cabinet would cure that gala connectivity issue easily. But then one has to work a little bit to get around the cables,"its not tough...a thirty minute work can save a Rs 5000 for a ssd"....though.... Here is a shot below (grainy)....

DSC00075.jpg

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
and lesser temps ;-) but with undervoltingand OCing even IB K series cpus are also good and one of the most efficient cpus ever made for desktop pcs.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Guys sumon advised me to go for Asus Maximus V Formula or Asus P8Z77 V Deluxe rather than Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH. So guys which one ???

@TG
Really IVK are good enough. I am ignoring them just because of the temps and all. Please advice. :)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, Sumon will be knowing better, but from my personal experience my Gigabyte board is better than Asus one. From the reviews, it doesn't look like UP5 will be a very bad option. Otherwise, either one of the ASUS boards is OK, but going with Maximus will increase your budget quite a bit.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
The Bios is buggy :(
confirmed it last night also..i for one want to see some competition..but there aint any.

Top Bottom