gaming pc undr 40k

OP
zyberon

zyberon

Broken In
guys i have choosen nt to go with fx..confuzd with i3 nd 960t....also would a i5 rig b possible in this budget nd whch is bettr 4 game nd multi taskn

nd hw about x4 970?

SunE

Professional Newbie
From the above suggested configs I can see that 13-14k is the budget for CPU+Mobo. Now as you don't wanna OC why not go with i5-2400 for 11k with ASUS P8H61M-LX at 3.1k? It'll give better performance than 960T,FX 4100 and i3-2100. For GPU HD 6850 is a must. Other parts that have been already suggested are good enough.

Zyberon dude did you miss this post?

Only processor that outperforms i5 is i7. This should be enough clarification about which is the faster processor.

OP
zyberon

zyberon

Broken In
Zyberon dude did you miss this post?

Only processor that outperforms i5 is i7. This should be enough clarification about which is the faster processor.

bt isnt spending less on processor nd spending more on gpu the bst choice?

SunE

Professional Newbie
True but in your case I'm recommending a better processor at the same budget as the other choices and you're getting a great HD 6850. So I don't seem to understand your confusion now. Hopefully you can spend 43k (1k more than you're previously mentioned budget of 42k) right?

OP
zyberon

zyberon

Broken In
True but in your case I'm recommending a better processor at the same budget as the other choices and you're getting a great HD 6850. So I don't seem to understand your confusion now. Hopefully you can spend 43k (1k more than you're previously mentioned budget of 42k) right?

confusion solved.ya i gus i could strech the budget

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
From the above suggested configs I can see that 13-14k is the budget for CPU+Mobo. Now as you don't wanna OC why not go with i5-2400 for 11k with ASUS P8H61M-LX at 3.1k? It'll give better performance than 960T,FX 4100 and i3-2100. For GPU HD 6850 is a must. Other parts that have been already suggested are good enough. What say?

SunE, if a board says it supports a certain high end processor, it's not always a good idea to use it with that processor. Bad, bad suggestion. :evil:

errr...Spending 11K on CPU and then having a 3K motherboard. Not good.

Getting somewhat on the tech side, an i5 2400 + H61 board combination is a big No.. The board is a budget offering by Intel used for i3 and new Sandy Bridge Pentiums. It cannot handle i5 2400 in its full glory. Get atleast an H67 board, like the Intel DH67BH. Cheap materials like capacitors, no heat sinks over VRMs are issues with H61.

Forget about this i5 2400 + H61 board combo. Better go for AMD one, or increase the budget to get H67 board.

Last edited:

Omi

-=[-_-]=-
get an i3 and be happy, choosing any better processor is not going to make ANY difference in gaming as the bottleneck is GPU not CPU.
i3 fits into your budget and is sufficient.

OP
zyberon

zyberon

Broken In
SunE, if a board says it supports a certain high end processor, it's not always a good idea to use it with that processor. Bad, bad suggestion. :evil:

errr...Spending 11K on CPU and then having a 3K motherboard. Not good.

Getting somewhat on the tech side, an i5 2400 + H61 board combination is a big No.. The board is a budget offering by Intel used for i3 and new Sandy Bridge Pentiums. It cannot handle i5 2400 in its full glory. Get atleast an H67 board, like the Intel DH67BH. Cheap materials like capacitors, no heat sinks over VRMs are issues with H61.

Forget about this i5 2400 + H61 board combo. Better go for AMD one, or increase the budget to get H67 board.

gonna go for amd 960t

Top Bottom