gaming pc for 80k

the10karan

Broken In
What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:gaming gaming and only gaming,games like gta 4 sleeping dogs cod ghosts cod black ops 2 and upcoming games like gta v bf4 on high settings 1920*1080 resolution

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 80k can be extended upto 85k
3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:not now but definetly in the future..

4. Which Operating System are you going to use?
Ans:windows 7 64 bit
5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes i want to full hd 22 inches or more not less then that 1920*1080 resolution

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:i want to buy everything

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:August

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:will be done by assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Jaipur,can shop online if needed

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: a. please tell me if a gtx 770 is better then an amd raedon hd 7970 im confused please suggest gtx 770 if its faster also i can wait for 4th gen haswell cpus,1 thing more please suggest a good rig i want a good fps on ultra settings not less then 60 thank you all :)

ankush28

Bazinga
welcome to TDF :D
here is my suggetion
FX 8350 @ 12k
Asus M5A97 Evo R2.0 @ 7k
G.Skill RipjawsX 8 gb (2x4gb) @ 4.8k
WD blue 1tb @ 3.8k
Dell S2240L @ 8.5k
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO @ 2.2k
corsair tx 650 watt V2 @ 5.5k
sapphire HD 7970 vapor x @ 31k
Asus DRW 24B3ST @ 1k
corsair 400r @ 4.9k
logitech g300 @ 1k
Razer Goliathus @ 0.6k
Razer Arctosa @ 2.2k
total 84.5k
rest money use for buying some case fans.
best of luck :)

welcome to TDF :D
here is my suggetion
FX 8350 @ 12k
Asus M5A97 Evo R2.0 @ 7k
G.Skill RipjawsX 8 gb (2x4gb) @ 4.8k
WD blue 1tb @ 3.8k
Dell S2240L @ 8.5k
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO @ 2.2k
corsair tx 650 watt V2 @ 5.5k
sapphire HD 7970 vapor x @ 31k
Asus DRW 24B3ST @ 1k
corsair 400r @ 4.9k
logitech g300 @ 1k
Razer Goliathus @ 0.6k
Razer Arctosa @ 2.2k
total 84.5k
rest money use for buying some case fans.
best of luck :)

:+1: good config.

Shiva

Cilus

laborare est orare
Performance wise HD 7970 GHz edition and GTX 770 Ti are neck to neck in gaming. But compute performance wise, the nVidia product is far behind. Also when overclocked, AMD HD 7900 offers more performance improvement than nVidia 7000 series. The Model, Sapphire HD 7970 Vapor-X edition is already running at 1000 MHz speed, offering same performance of GTX 770 and can be overclocked to gain extra performance.

d3p

PowerHouse
Performance wise HD 7970 GHz edition and GTX 770 Ti are neck to neck in gaming. But compute performance wise, the nVidia product is far behind. Also when overclocked, AMD HD 7900 offers more performance improvement than nVidia 7000 series. The Model, Sapphire HD 7970 Vapor-X edition is already running at 1000 MHz speed, offering same performance of GTX 770 and can be overclocked to gain extra performance.

^ This.

Performance wise a Single HD7970 GHz Edition is better than GTX770 [rebranded GTX680].

Cilus

laborare est orare
It is not just rebranding, it has BIOS update too and because of that performs slightly better than GTX 680. But ya, it is not over 7970 GHz edition.

OP
T

the10karan

Broken In
Ankush28 very nice rig,but i wanna ask one thing bro,should i wait for 4th gen cpus?and what about anhd 8970 its out i think but it says its for OEM or something like that sorry im a noob,and you forgot ups,i need ups because in my area electricity goes 1-2times a day...

d3p

PowerHouse
It is not just rebranding, it has BIOS update too and because of that performs slightly better than GTX 680. But ya, it is not over 7970 GHz edition.

Even my HD7970 performs similar to GHz Edition with a BIOS Update....But i can't change the names.

d3p

PowerHouse
which ups should i get?

and what about 4th gen haswell cpu by intel?should i wait or go with amd fx 8350

You can't get the Haswell's into your budget. So go with FX8350 & the config suggested by Ankush28.

Secondly. If you are going with HD7970, then better to stick to APC1.1Kva.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
The Gtx 770 is overall 4% faster than 7970ghz edition at 1080p resolutions.

Here's the proof. - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2 GB Review | techPowerUp

Add to that, there 45w less power draw and the overall build of a 770 is much superior.
770 also has a far better overclock performance than 680 as it has a TITAN like PCB.

7970 ghz doesn't hold an overclocking advantage over 770 anymore. The latter has terrific performance boost with clock speeds, better than 680.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2 GB Review | techPowerUp

The above should serve as a proof.

770 would be a better choice than sapphire ghz edition. Its even better if some custom overclocked 770's like gigabyte windforce and Asus DC II.
They even widen the gap more from a 7970 ghz.

Cilus

laborare est orare
But Vicky, in Tomshardware and Anandtech review, in most of the new games, they were performing similarly, in some 770 was ahead and in some 7970 GHz was ahead.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
But Vicky, in Tomshardware and Anandtech review, in most of the new games, they were performing similarly, in some 770 was ahead and in some 7970 GHz was ahead.

Tomshardware tested in 2560x1600 resolution only. The gap narrows down at such high resolutions and neither card allows highest settings at those res.

7970 was only ahead in amd centric titles like dirt and hitman. Dirt uses a special lighting system that works better in amd cards. They are not optimized for nvidia.
Hitman somehow locks fps for nvidia cards as seen in tomshardware. Even titan and 770 give similar fps in hitman and 7970 is ahead.

In all other games that are neutral, 770 has a slight edge and its 4% overall better. Its a lot better than 680 actually.
If 770 can be had at a price similar or lower than 7970, i don't see a point of not considering it.

Besides, a lot of 770 oc models are priced at reference levels.

Check guru3d's review at 1080p. 770 has a slight edge across the board.

*www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_770_review,1.html

Last edited:

d3p

PowerHouse
Tomshardware tested in 2560x1600 resolution only. The gap narrows down at such high resolutions and neither card allows highest settings at those res.

7970 was only ahead in amd centric titles like dirt and hitman. Dirt uses a special lighting system that works better in amd cards. They are not optimized for nvidia.
Hitman somehow locks fps for nvidia cards as seen in tomshardware. Even titan and 770 give similar fps in hitman and 7970 is ahead.

In all other games that are neutral, 770 has a slight edge and its 4% overall better. Its a lot better than 680 actually.
If 770 can be had at a price similar or lower than 7970, i don't see a point of not considering it.

Besides, a lot of 770 oc models are priced at reference levels.

Check guru3d's review at 1080p. 770 has a slight edge across the board.

GeForce GTX 770 review - Article

It's good to go with GTX770 now, since its a new gen Card. But are they available in india ??

Moreover atleast op need to wait a month or so get the non-reference cards.

IMO let OP decide which card to get, when we all made our points regarding the Performance of both HD7970 GHz & GTX770.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Op can consider the following. The price is very good actually:

GIGABYTE GV-R797OC-3GD Ultra Durable VGA Series Garphic Card

OP
T

the10karan

Broken In
im going for gtx 770 but hd 7970 has 3gb of vram and gtx 770 has 2gb of vram,future games are going to use a lot of vram,im confused guys you all tell me what i should do...

varun004

Journeyman
im going for gtx 770 but hd 7970 has 3gb of vram and gtx 770 has 2gb of vram,future games are going to use a lot of vram,im confused guys you all tell me what i should do...
the only game which uses more than 2gb vram is crysis 3 right now and that only at very high setting. 7970 struggles to keep playable fps at those setting so will any game which will use more than 2 gb vram. The bottom line is 770 is ideal for games which uses upto 2gb of vram.

Top Bottom