Gaming PC for 30k

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Power requirements for graphics cards
GTX 650 Ti takes in 100w (being lenient, it actually takes in 85w). 100w/12V = 8.333A and VP450P can deliver this easily. Rest of the components also have plenty of power available to them.

As far as the rating goes, collectively both 12V rails can deliver 30A (360w/12V = 30A) like Jaskanwar told you. However OCP kicks in if the current in one rail goes above 18A.

Where is the problem? The card isn't even drawing 20A * 12V = 240w. :rolleyes:

The reason why we have such lists is so that people buy a power supply enough to power other components. That said, that list is perhaps more suited for single rail PSUs.

OP
akhilc47

akhilc47

Journeyman
I would like to add one or two fans to the case( NZXT case). I googled a bit about cooling fans and it seems one intake fan at the front bottom and one exhaust at the top would be a good idea. Do you have any suggestions? Don't want more than two fans. And what size should I choose? 120mm would be enough? I think my case support 140mm at the top. So I was thinking a 120mm for the front and a 140mm at the top. What do you guys think?

I would like to add one or two fans to the case( NZXT case). I googled a bit about cooling fans and it seems one intake fan at the front bottom and one exhaust at the top would be a good idea. Do you have any suggestions? Don't want more than two fans. And what size should I choose? 120mm would be enough? I think my case support 140mm at the top. So I was thinking a 120mm for the front and a 140mm at the top. What do you guys think?

Get at least 3 120 mm fans. only 1 120 mm fan is provided with the cabinet. Install 1 front, i side and 1 top fan too.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl

you want to create a positive pressure to push air into the case. 1 case fan at the top and 1 top in the mid / bottom slot. You can also install a side intake fan if you want.

dont have more than 4 fans in the case.

you want to create a positive pressure to push air into the case. 1 case fan at the top and 1 top in the mid / bottom slot. You can also install a side intake fan if you want.

dont have more than 4 fans in the case.

Positive air pressure is not good for removing heat from the cabinet. It will easily create heat spots in the cabinet.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Positive air pressure is not good for removing heat from the cabinet. It will easily create heat spots in the cabinet.

i dont mean the term in that way.. what i mean to say is you need a push pull mechanism and add one intake and 1 exhaust. If you have a powerful gpu add a side fan. Thats it.

top slots should only be used when you are filling up the cabinet with fans so as to provide proper intake and exhaust from all ends.

OP
akhilc47

akhilc47

Journeyman
Will there be headers(I mean powerpoints) for 3 fans in motherboard? Or do I have to take it from PSU using some adapters or something? Also which is a good brand for fans?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Most of the motherboard normally have three pin headers for connecting fans. If your chosen mobo doesn't have then get a Molex to 3 Pin converter. Each of them will be around 30 bucks.

OP
akhilc47

akhilc47

Journeyman
I checked the details of the motherboard I ordered here M5A97 R2.0 - Motherboards - ASUS
And it is mentioned like this: "3 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (4 -pin) ". But how many pins will the fans have? Can I still use the connectors on mobo even if fan connectors are three pin?

I checked the details of the motherboard I ordered here M5A97 R2.0 - Motherboards - ASUS
And it is mentioned like this: "3 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (4 -pin) ". But how many pins will the fans have? Can I still use the connectors on mobo even if fan connectors are three pin?

They are 3 pin. You can use 3 pin fans on both 3 pin connector and 4 pin connector and same is the case with 4 pin fans. In short, you can use either 3/4 pin fan in 3/4 pin connector.

ankush28

Bazinga
So what CX600 has more watts capacity but it is not good in performence and durability NO to CX series get seasonic s12 ll 520 any day
for HDD seach locally Toshiba and WD blue are available around 3k

OP
akhilc47

akhilc47

Journeyman
Another question: I have ordered NZXT gamma and asus m5a97 r2.0 mobo. As you know mobo support usb 3.0 and case have only usb 2.0 ports(both on front and back?). So how am I going to be able to use usb 3.0? Especially I wanted usb 3.0 on front panel. Any solution?

PS:should I create new thread for further enquiries ?

Cilus

laborare est orare
In back of a cabinet, you don't have any integrated port, it is the place where motherboard's integrated ports will be placed.

OP
akhilc47

akhilc47

Journeyman
In back of a cabinet, you don't have any integrated port, it is the place where motherboard's integrated ports will be placed.
Oh yeah... Dumb me there's no ports on the backside with case. But there's 2 usb 3.0 headers in the board, Can I use it somehow for the front panel? usb3 on front panel would be really nice.

Another question: I have ordered NZXT gamma and asus m5a97 r2.0 mobo. As you know mobo support usb 3.0 and case have only usb 2.0 ports(both on front and back?). So how am I going to be able to use usb 3.0? Especially I wanted usb 3.0 on front panel. Any solution?

PS:should I create new thread for further enquiries ?

There are front usb 3.0 ports available which fit in 5.25" space in front and connect to motherboard's USB 3.0 header. Try looking on ebay.

TheLetterD

Will Power
Get a good PSU (Corsair GS600) if you are planning to upgrade the GPU! Dont make the same mistake I made :p
I got a PC for my brother too, and have similar plans to upgrade it with a better GPU later this year/next year so I got the AMD A10 5800K. Its an APU so the GPU is NOT separate, giving you a free PCIE slot for future upgrades! :) This way you wont even need to get rid of your GT630 and can just upgrade to a better GPU.
And yes, the AMD A10 runs Fifa 13 flawlessly :)

Edit: Oh no didnt see there were 2 more pages to the thread, not sure if you have already made your purchase, sorry :p

OP
akhilc47

akhilc47

Journeyman
Get a good PSU (Corsair GS600) if you are planning to upgrade the GPU! Dont make the same mistake I made :p
I got a PC for my brother too, and have similar plans to upgrade it with a better GPU later this year/next year so I got the AMD A10 5800K. Its an APU so the GPU is NOT separate, giving you a free PCIE slot for future upgrades! :) This way you wont even need to get rid of your GT630 and can just upgrade to a better GPU.
And yes, the AMD A10 runs Fifa 13 flawlessly :)

Edit: Oh no didnt see there were 2 more pages to the thread, not sure if you have already made your purchase, sorry :p

Yea.. already purchased half of the items including FX6300 and GT630. And I'll buy seasonic s12ii 520w PSU so that future upgrade wont be an issue. Anyway thanks for the reply mate.. really appreciate it.

There are front usb 3.0 ports available which fit in 5.25" space in front and connect to motherboard's USB 3.0 header. Try looking on ebay.
Wow. thanks for that. think I should buy that so as to make full use of usb3 headers.

Another question since "TheletterD" mentioned about getting rid of GT630. I've seen some people using low end cards for physx and good GPU as the main one. Can I do that too, supposing I'll buy a good GPU later? And does it have to be Nvidia card?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Ya, you can do that but the motherboard needs to have two PCI-E X16 slots. If you are going for nVidia for the main card then PhysX configuration is very easy, just configuring from nVidia control panel. But if you are with an AMD card, then the nVidia driver and the PhysX software needs to be modded using different Moding tools. Currently the tool is called Hybridiz. However, it is not a really efficient idea to get a dedicated PhysX card as only handful of games use them and future iterations of PhysX will run properly on CPU.

OP
akhilc47

akhilc47

Journeyman
I am yet to purchase psu and ups but have already decided to get seasonic 520w and apc 1.1kva. I was reading some posts regarding power related stuffs and got another doubt. Here it goes, my psu has an active pfc(dont know what it is) so some people are saying it'll need a ups which can provide pure sine wave. and APC ups I'm looking to buy don't give that. So what the hell? I didn't knew there would be so much compatibility issues. The more I'm reading about a pc the more doubts I'm getting. For the first time in my life I'm spending over 5k for a ups and will it go in vain??

Coldbreeze16

Journeyman
Approximated sine wave output from the APC will be okay. As far as I've read it's mostly the Antec PSU's with active PFC that do the nagging with non-pure sine wave inverters. But ideally you should buy locally and test the unit before buying.

Top Bottom