Gaming PC at 35k

Tanmay.yadav

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys, planning to buy a desktop in 10-15 days as my Dell studio 1555 suddenly wen dead and now the service center guys are telling that it's a graphic card problem and as the graphic card is on motherboard they have to replace motherboard and are asking 16k for it.:-x

Here are the requirements:-

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Mainly High Def. movies and lots of Games mainly COD series and NFS.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:Appox. 35 K(can add 1-2 k more)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:Yes, but have no idea about how to do it, so will learn and then do. :)

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:320 GB - 500 GB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:yes, At-least 20 inch and i'm planning to watch lots of high def. movies so resolution should be good.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Have got dell laser mouse and speakers

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:10-15 days.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:Haven't built yet, will try to learn online, otherwise will seek for a assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Hinjewadi, Pune.. no idea about local places, please suggest. I am open to buy from online too, please suggest which would be better, online or local?

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I jsut came across this forum today and it's awesome. you guys are doing a great work. :)

Cilus

laborare est orare
Here is my suggestion:

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 6.8K
Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2P @ 3.07K
Corsair 4GB X 1 1333 MHz DDR3 @ 1.2K
WD Caviar Blue 500 GB SATA II HDD @ 4.2K
Normal Cabinet without SMPS @ 0.8K
Corsair CX 430 V2 @ 2.3K
LG 20" LCD 2043C @ 5.4K
MSI GTX 560 1 GB GDDR5 @ 10K
Zebronics 650VA UPS @ 1.3K

motorazor143

Broken In
@ Cilus

Prices seems to be have gone through the roof now. Corsair 430 PSU is not available for 2.3k anymore.. Most of the online/offline shops are selling it for 2.5k to 2.8k. Intel i3 2100 was not available in most of the shops in nehru place. They are selling intel i3 2120 between 6.6k & 6.8k. I have noticed one trend in Nehru place. They do not sell processor alone. Most of the dealers including SMC are only interested in selling Mobo + proccy combo for exorbitant prices.

Hard drive prices seems to be coming down though. got 500 Gb WD blue for 3,800 rupees today from Nehru place.

OP
T

Tanmay.yadav

@ Cilus

Prices seems to be have gone through the roof now. Corsair 430 PSU is not available for 2.3k anymore.. Most of the online/offline shops are selling it for 2.5k to 2.8k. Intel i3 2100 was not available in most of the shops in nehru place. They are selling intel i3 2120 between 6.6k & 6.8k. I have noticed one trend in Nehru place. They do not sell processor alone. Most of the dealers including SMC are only interested in selling Mobo + proccy combo for exorbitant prices.

Hard drive prices seems to be coming down though. got 500 Gb WD blue for 3,800 rupees today from Nehru place.

Yes, the pricing certainly seems to have gone through the roof now now! Please suggest where to buy these components? Is it better to buy online or local shops?

OP
T

Tanmay.yadav

Hi I will be traveling to Hong-Kong next week, googled the computer hardware shops there, found out some good shops like jumbo-computer.com, Prices are lower as compared to here, will it be OK if i buy components from their? :)

Utkarsh Sharma

Journeyman
Intel rig
Intel core i3 2120: 7k
Gigabyte H61M-D2H: 3k
4GB DDR3 1333MHz: 1k
WD Caviar Blue 500GB: 3.8k
Normal Case without SMPS: 0.8k
PSU: Corsair CX500V2: 3.5k
Monitor: BenQ G2025HDA: 5.4k
GPU: MSI R6870 Hawk Edition: 11.5k
UPS: Zebronics 650VA: 1.3k