Gaming News Channel...

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
BatMan Takes the Best game Award at BAFTA
The British Academy Video Game Awards celebrated the last 12 months in gaming again this year, with a lavish central London awards ceremony. The British Academy of Film and Television Arts, which has recently placed an emphasis on games, now holds interactive entertainment as its third arm alongside the more traditional film and television departments.

he full list of nominees is below, with winners highlighted in bold.

Action
WINNER: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Assassin's Creed II
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Infamous
Left 4 Dead 2

Artistic Achievement
WINNER: Flower
Assassin's Creed II
Streetfighter IV
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Best Game
WINNER: Batman: Arkham Asylum
Assassin's Creed II
FIFA 10
Left 4 Dead 2

Family & Social
WINNER: Wii Sports Resort
The Beatles: Rock Band
Buzz! Quiz World
EyePet
Guitar Hero 5
New Super Mario Bros Wii

Gameplay
WINNER: Batman: Arkham Asylum
Assassin's Creed II
New Super Mario Bros Wii
PixelJunk Shooter

Handheld
WINNER: Little Big Planet (PSP)
Gran Turismo
LocoRoco Midnight Carnival
Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Professor Layton and Pandora's Box
Scribblenauts

Multiplayer
WINNER: Left 4 Dead 2
Battlefield 1943
The Beatles: Rock Band
Halo 3 ODST

Original Score
Assassin's Creed II
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
PixelJunk Shooter

Sports
WINNER: FIFA 10
Colin McRae: DiRT 2
Football Manager 2010
Forza Motorsport 3
Wii Fit Plus
Wii Sports Resort

Story
Assassin's Creed II
Broken Sword – Shadow of the Templars: The Director's Cut
Brutal Legend
Dragon Age: Origins

Strategy
WINNER: Empire: Total War
Command and Conquer 3: Uprising
FIFA Manager 10
Football Manager 2010
Halo Wars
Plants vs Zombies

Use of Audio
DJ Hero
Flower
Left 4 Dead 2

Use of Online
WINNER: FIFA 10
Battlefield 1943
Little Big Planet (PSP)
Singstar TakeThat

GAME Award
WINNER: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Assassin's Creed II
Batman Arkham Asylum
The Beatles: Rockband
FIFA 10
GTA China Town Wars
Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks
Street Fighter IV
Wii Sports Resort

The Fellowship Award
Shigeru Miyamoto

And Uncharted Continues the legacy of dominating the awards.. with it's awards in Action, Original Score, Story, Use of Audio.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Sony has opened up a new section of its blog encouraging PlayStation fans to submit and vote on ideas to improve the experience on Sony platforms. Want to be heard? This is your chance.
PlayStation.Blog Share is a place where you can submit an idea you have as well as vote on others' suggestions. This can range from a gripe to a brilliant way forward, and it can encompass anything from the PS3 to PS2 to accessories or software. Once you login with your PlayStation ID, you can search for duplicate ideas, or if what you want to comment on hasn't already been entered, the site will ask you for the focus of your idea (i.e. PSN, PS3, etc.), the title, and then a 200 character explanation.
If you don't have a specific idea, but want to champion something someone else has already come up with, the front page allows you to vote, Digg style, on ideas with a simple thumbs up, thumbs down mechanic. The blog also has a leaderboard of members' top-rated ideas.
Want cross-game voice chat or emulation for PS2 games on your new PS3? Let Sony know and start the momentum of public opinion rolling.

- gameinformer

official

In the zone
i'll get metro 2033 today i guess..my game dealer said he had been expecting delivery of 4 new PC games on sunday, lets see. I'll run it and see whether it crashes like stalker or runs smoothly...i love this kind of horror fps gener games. cryostasis is a fantastic game but it crashed a lot so kept my copy still in ma cupboard:(... i dont think he'll hav Assassins creed2. It must be releasing here later this week,.. maybe around 25th or 26th.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
David Jaffe's AAA PS3 title

If you are even remotely interested in the PlayStation 3, then you’ve likely been looking forward to David Jaffe’s next game. The eccentric creator is responsible two franchises synonymous with PlayStation consoles, Twisted Metal and God of War. He has long been hard at work on the first retail PS3 game from his new studio, Eat Sleep Play. Through his blog, Jaffe has been throwing his fans curve-balls; seemingly hinting at a new Twisted Metal game, and other times scoffs at any assumptions. We have uncovered what may be a “sweet” hint from Eat Sleep Play’s Production Artist.

According to Eat Sleep Play’s Production Artist, Miles Collins, he’s hard at work as a “Concept, Texture, Storyboard artist on unannounced AAA PS3 Title”. Triple A PS3 title? No surprise there. We all know Eat Sleep Play is working on something on the PS3, and everything (well almost everything) that David Jaffe touches turns to gold.
Well the interesting part, is that Collins ends his blurb about his work for Eat Sleep Play with the exclamation “Sweet!”. While that’s definitely a common term to indicate satisfaction or excitement, the word is also commonly found in the Twisted Metal series thanks to the game’s iconic character, Sweet Tooth.
This is far short of being concrete evidence so take this with a grain of salt, or an extra sweet cube of sugar.

-playstaionlifestyle.com

Current list of 'MOVE' supported games

Just a little over a week ago, Sony held a huge coming out party for PlayStation Move, their upcoming motion controller peripheral. SCEA CEO Jack Tretton has gone on record, stating that Sony was working on 20 first party titles, and that 36 third party publishers would also be providing PlayStation Move support when it launched this fall.
Here is a current list of titles confirmed to support PlayStation Move at launch:
Third Party:
EA Sports Active 2.0
Tiger Woods 2011
LOTR Aragorn's Quest
Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition

First Party:
LittleBigPlanet
SOCOM 4
The Shoot
Move Party
Motion Fighter
Sports Champion
TV SuperStars
Eccentric Slider
Ape Escape
Brunswick Pro Bowling
Under Siege
Flower
Eye Pet
Pain
High Velocity Bowling
Hustle Kings
Echochrome 2

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Nintendo has announced a new version of its DS handheld system that will support 3D games. The 3DS will play games with 3D effects "without the need for any special glasses", according to the Japanese company. It will launch during its coming fiscal year, meaning it could arrive any time between April 2010 and March 2011.

- gamespot.com

cyborg47

Technomancer
god of war MODERN WARFARE!?...WTF?!?!?!?!
Check this link out!
*moviestinger.com/god-of-war-iv-modern-warfare/

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ the best thing is God of War IV: Modern Warfare :rofl:

If that is the cause they say that God of war Iv will be a modern Combat thingy.. Then I will say Hell no. Because.. at the end of Original God of War.. Gaia says that this god of war will stand as a icon for combat in futur days.. mean time.. slide shows of modern soliders and marines will appear. I thought next GoW will be something in Modern Setting that time... that was a false prediction by me.

Speculations are that next god of war will feature the Brother of Kratos whom they discussed about in First God of War.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

The price of Kasumi DLC for ME2 will be Nearly $7. And the content will last just above an hour for an average player.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I don't remember the entire story of the brother. I watched that nearly 3 years ago. Yea...kratos has a brother(only brother) and chances are that he will feature in upcoming title. As hinted by GoW3 Director.But AFAIK, Kratos Saga is over.

sony is killing all major sagas. fist, solid snake in MGS. ratchet and clank, now it is kratos in god of war. :(

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I don't remember the entire story of the brother. I watched that nearly 3 years ago. Yea...kratos has a brother(only brother) and chances are that he will feature in upcoming title. As hinted by GoW3 Director.But AFAIK, Kratos Saga is over.
Only brother? If he was Zeus's son, then you can bet he must have lot of siblings i.e. if they follow the Greek Myth accurately.

Hercules is introduced in God of War III as his brother

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Actually, Hercules is a son of Zeus and Hera. Statisticians opine that zeus slept with more than thousand chicks(kratos mother is one of those chicks) and have more than 100 children.

But Kratos has a brother..who shared womb with him. Obviously...Zeus was his father too.

Fill me in guys. If Kratos is Zeus's son then how come he's not a God?

As for that brother thingy, Kratos will be there. The director indicated that the brother will be back from Hades for vengeance because Kratos abandoned him.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Actually, Hercules is a son of Zeus and Hera. Statisticians opine that zeus slept with more than thousand chicks(kratos mother is one of those chicks) and have more than 100 children.

But Kratos has a brother..who shared womb with him. Obviously...Zeus was his father too.
You mean his biological brother right?

The funny thing is that I was just going through the YouTube videos and here I came across the "Secrets Revealed" video from God of War. This video spills all the beans and clearly states that Kratos knows his father was Zeus and seeks revenge for abandoning him. So I'm a bit confused why Kratos is surprised in God of War II when Athena says that Zeus is his father? Or my memory has faded away?

Anyway, here's the video: *www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jKCo6VfDeM&feature=related

I understand the part about his real brother now.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
You mean his biological brother right?

The funny thing is that I was just going through the YouTube videos and here I came across the "Secrets Revealed" video from God of War. This video spills all the beans and clearly states that Kratos knows his father was Zeus and seeks revenge for abandoning him. So I'm a bit confused why Kratos is surprised in God of War II when Athena says that Zeus is his father? Or my memory has faded away?

Anyway, here's the video: *www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jKCo6VfDeM&feature=related

I understand the part about his real brother now.

Ditto.I myself asked that question many times.I think it is a plot hole.

Top Bottom