Gaming in Bangalore + Presentation

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiCsA

Broken In
Hi everybody,

My name is Ram and I'm half French - half Indian. I grown up in France but now I'm working in Bangalore.

I like video games on PC and Nintendo devices. In india I have a good laptop (17" wide, Core2Duo, 2Gb of RAM, 1800xt, 240Gb HD) and a Nintendo DS lite.

Nowadays I'm playing Supreme Commander, OverLord, Crysis and UT3 demos plus pircross on DS.

But I want some new games and I dunno what are the best places to buy games. I don't want pirate games, only original ones. I saw some games in Koramangala Forum (the name of the shop was something like landmark).

Or perhaps in Chennai ? I go in Chennai every two weeks 'cause my girlfriend is living here for her job (like me she's french from indian origin).

Cheers

PS: Do you know what is the zone for the indian XBOX360 games sold in India ?
PS2: I like oldies, do you know where in can find old games like NES/Famicom, SuperNes/SuperFamicom, Megadrive, masterSystem, NeoGeo... ?

amitava82

MMO Addict
You can find several stores in Brigade Road.. Take a look there. Hopefully you know how to go there :)

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
@DiSca.You can pre-order/order games online from ebay india and you might get the right prices or even lower.You can receive most games in 5-7days.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
DiCsA you won't get the latest games quickly if you buy from a shop.India is not preferred as a gaming country.

OP
DiCsA

DiCsA

Broken In
Harvik780 said:
DiCsA you won't get the latest games quickly if you buy from a shop.India is not preferred as a gaming country.

You are right but this week end I saw in a landmark in Chennai:

World in Conflict, Fifa 08, Orange Box, ET: Quake Wars...

These games are not too old. All the games are not here but I think I can find some brand new ones.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
DiCsA - In Chennai, go to the main Landmark, in case you don't find good titles in the Spencer Plaza's Landmark.

The address is:
Landmark
3,Apex Plaza,
Nungambakkam High Road,
Nungambakkam,
Chennai - +91 44 28221000

(Its opposite to that Toys Kemp in N.H. Road, the area which has restaurants like Komalas, and New Yorker)

Landmark probably has the best game collection in Chennai.

You can't find any legacy game console stuff there, however. Only the latest console games and PC-DVD/CD. I don't know of any sellers for the legacy stuff you require.

Planet M and Music World in Spencers have a few games too but Landmark probably has them all.

OP
DiCsA

DiCsA

Broken In
QwertyManiac said:
DiCsA - In Chennai, go to the main Landmark, in case you don't find good titles in the Spencer Plaza's Landmark.

The address is:
Landmark
3,Apex Plaza,
Nungambakkam High Road,
Nungambakkam,
Chennai - +91 44 28221000

(Its opposite to that Toys Kemp in N.H. Road, the area which has restaurants like Komalas, and New Yorker)

Landmark probably has the best game collection in Chennai.

You can't find any legacy game console stuff there, however. Only the latest console games and PC-DVD/CD. I don't know of any sellers for the legacy stuff you require.

Planet M and Music World in Spencers have a few games too but Landmark probably has them all.

Thanks a lot you rox, I will go there this week end to buy some PC games.

Nobody knows where to find some old games from the 80's/90's ?

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
old games from the 80's/90's ?
they are available at almost all "fancy/gift Stores" (not big ones:p), but not sure whether they'll run on Nintendo console.
these things run on local make 8-bit consoles.

If you go to "Anna Nagar", then head to "Connexions" (opp. to Anna Nagar Tower), for PC games.
Warning: Dont go there or to Landmark with your GF:p

website *snsvo3.seekandsource.com/connexions/ , giv them a call & confirm for game availability.

OP
DiCsA

DiCsA

Broken In
s18000rpm said:
they are available at almost all "fancy/gift Stores" (not big ones:p), but not sure whether they'll run on Nintendo console.
these things run on local make 8-bit consoles.

If you go to "Anna Nagar", then head to "Connexions" (opp. to Anna Nagar Tower), for PC games.
Warning: Dont go there or to Landmark with your GF:p

website *snsvo3.seekandsource.com/connexions/ , giv them a call & confirm for game availability.

Thanks for the address. It's very far from her appartement (in Besant Nagar).
And I was with here in a landmark in Chennai last week with here and she was sticked to the books during 20 minutes :p.

OP
DiCsA

DiCsA

Broken In
prasad_den said:
Offtopic:
@DiCsA: What does the 2nd part of your thread title (presentation) refer to...??

This:

Hi everybody,

My name is Ram and I'm half French - half Indian. I grown up in France but now I'm working in Bangalore.

It was my first post, so I wanted to introduce myself :).

wirelessraj

| Game Artist |
You can order your games online from Play Asia
Its a Hong Kong based online shopping site, which ships games to India for free.
They also sell consoles accessories which are cheaper than what is available in India (all these with free shipping)

sanjay_111

Broken In
Ram,

There is a shop on Brigade Road which seemed to have the best stock of games in Bangalore. It is a like 30 mtrs from KFC towards the Residency Road. You have to sort of look for it in the basement.

They used to give me 10% discount too.

You might want to play World in Conflict or Company of Heroes if u like strat games or Bioshock or Orange Box if u like shooters.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
sanjay_111 said:
Ram,

There is a shop on Brigade Road which seemed to have the best stock of games in Bangalore. It is a like 30 mtrs from KFC towards the Residency Road. You have to sort of look for it in the basement.

They used to give me 10% discount too.

You might want to play World in Conflict or Company of Heroes if u like strat games or Bioshock or Orange Box if u like shooters.

You are talking about Glassgow Computers, directly below Planet M. Best collection of games, irrespective of the console.

OP
DiCsA

DiCsA

Broken In
I was 4 days in Chennai and I bought the Orange Box in a Landmark.
I will try to go to brigade road this week to check it.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom