Hi,
My PC specs are as below
Core i3 2100
Asus P8H61MLX motherboard
4 GB DDR3 @ 1333Mhz Ram
200 GB HDD Sata
Zotac Nvidia GTX 560 2GB DDR5 Graphics
450 Watt PSU

I have also removed exhaust fan of cabinet t match the power supply.

But since past 1 week i am facing problems with games. I am only able to play games at 640x480 resolutions, while previously i used to play all of them at 1920x1080 resolutions. COD MW1, BATMAN AC, Skyrim, etc are the games i used to play and face problems. On running at 1920x1080 res, the PC just restarts.

Any suggestions to improve my gaming experience.

d3p

PowerHouse
Can you please post the details of the PSU/SMPS used in the above config ???

Details like Manufacturer & Model number will do a gr8 help.

BTW, which OS are you using ?? Are you using pYrated stuffs ??

Sujeet

Undead!!!
lol.. clearly psu is culprit...most probably its a local brand el cheapo and now has come to the end of its life.
consider getting corsair cx430v2

Btw...its wrong section for that query..should be in hardware qna !!!

OP
K

kaushal7290

Right off the assembly line
I have CIL-ODySSEY 450 Watt power supply. This worked quite well in the beginning but fails when i play the game. Else i am able to watch movies in 1080p format. only the games fails.
I am using Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit

Sujeet

Undead!!!
^^shouldnt be that shocked.
you are on Tdf for a quite a long time now.
must be witnessing things like that everyday lol...u know what i am talkin..
some 5 months back i was running power hungry gtx550ti ocd on a 450watt local psu..till went kaboom one day.but thats a thing of past.

TDF made me smarter:cool:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - stop using the PC and get a PSu like Corsiar CX430v2 aspa and install it - only run the the pc and play games after that.

OP
K

kaushal7290

Hi,

I researched on Corsair PSUs.
I find this options at my vendor in Ahmedabad
Corsair GS600
Corsair TX650v2
Corsair CX600

Please kindly suggest me, i have nearly invested my 8 months savings into making my rig. I just don't wanna blow it off.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^shouldnt be that shocked.
you are on Tdf for a quite a long time now.
must be witnessing things like that everyday lol...u know what i am talkin..
some 5 months back i was running power hungry gtx550ti ocd on a 450watt local psu..till went kaboom one day.but thats a thing of past.

TDF made me smarter:cool:

seen a lot of midrange GPU on desi crap but a power hungry GTX560 on a desi PSU. i am actually surprised that PSU has not turned into toast.

moreover the GPU is suffering as it is not getting even half the necessary power it is required to run hence it shuts down. at idle, the power consumption is less so it runs fine.

Hi,

I researched on Corsair PSUs.
I find this options at my vendor in Ahmedabad
Corsair GS600
Corsair TX650v2
Corsair CX600

GS600W. this one should cost 4k. anything higher and order online at lesser price.

you really took a huge risk using an Odyssey PSU with a GTX560 when we won't recommend running even a HD6670.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Corsair GS600 was selling for 4.2k last time i checked stores. though it depends on location too.

and yes gtx 560 on local psu literally means killing it.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Corsair GS600 would be a overkill. If you can spend the moolah get it. But the less expensive Corsair CX430v2 also serves your purpose nicely :wink:

OP
K

kaushal7290

Thank you guys.
i will update the PSU to Corsair GS600

Thanks a lot, i nearly spent 8 months of saving into my rig, thank god it didn't blow off...

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
i am new user plzzz help me
i have
intel DH77EB motherboard
intel core i5 3550s processor
corsair 8GB 1600mhz ram
Segate barracuda 1TB hdd
zotacc nvidia geforce gtx 550ti 1gb ddr5 graphic card
zebronics 450w psu

when i am playing game like need for speed the run and crysis 2 my pc is freeze screen goes black and monitor displayed no signal and Brrrrrrrrrr sound was come after 2 to 5 minute and temperature of my card goes to 100c

brrr and prrr will pop up right when you switch on the pc in few more days if you stick with that psu for long. And yeah it will all be fine after few more days as the system will never bother to start.

PS:: Sarcasm intended as you already know that the issue might be your local psu (why else on earth will you ask it in this thread and not get the slightest idea that local psu will burn the system?)

On a serious note, change your psu asap to a seasonic or corsair ones. there are couple of recommendations here already.

Top Bottom