Gaming Console

Amey408

Broken In
Hi guys I am looking to buy a gaming console but I have someQuestions here plz help me find out the Answers for the same

1) 1) XBOX or Playstaion3 or should I wait forPlaystation4?
2)
2) If Playstation4 then can it play Playstation3games? (Because I read somewhere Playstation4 cant able to play Playstion3games)
3)
3) Should it need CD/DVD to run game every time?
4)
4) Can it possible to play game without CD/DVD?
5)
5) At where this consoles save game progresses?
6)
6) Can I save it on pen drive?
7)
7) Next time when I played the same game so can itpickup progress from pen drive? (What should I do for the same?)

I don't really like to give a rude reply, but I'm low on options:

If Playstation4 then can it play Playstation3games? (Because I read somewhere Playstation4 cant able to play Playstion3games)

Google it.

Should it need CD/DVD to run game every time?

Google it.

Can it possible to play game without CD/DVD?

Google it.

At where this consoles save game progresses?

Google it.

Can I save it on pen drive?

Google it.

Next time when I played the same game so can itpickup progress from pen drive? (What should I do for the same?)

Google it.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Hi guys I am looking to buy a gaming console but I have someQuestions here plz help me find out the Answers for the same

2)
2) If Playstation4 then can it play Playstation3games? (Because I read somewhere Playstation4 cant able to play Playstion3games)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
7) Next time when I played the same game so can itpickup progress from pen drive? (What should I do for the same?)

1. Go for PS4, Xbox or PS3 aren't worth it right now.
2. You can, but not using the disks, but through the streaming service.
3. You can install them if you don't want to insert the disks every time.
4. You can install them if you don't want to insert the disks every time.
5. On the HDD, duh! and on cloud..depends on the game.
6. What, the save games? I don't know, sorry.

Google it.

And the super douchebag of the week award goes to harshilsharma63. Congrats :)

OP
A

Amey408

Broken In
Thanks both of u for reply for harshilsharma63 i Google thatall Question before putting Thread here but I doesn’t get proper Answers (orsay satisfying Answers). & for cyborg47can ps4 support ps3 or ps2 games because as I say I read some where it doesn’t.

I just was looking for pure gaming console which solve this questions.

cyborg47

Technomancer
You can play PS3 games, through the streaming service, though nothing much has been detailed yet, but it will happen soon, Sony bought off Gaikai recently for the same reason.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

Google it.

Google it.

Google it.

Google it.

Google it.

Google it.

If people would have googled everything, this forum would not even exist also there will no need for this forum.

So please reply the users if you can, or at least give proper link. Otherwise please refrain from posting "Google It".

Gollum

Collector

2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)

1: go for PS3 for now. PS4 will be expensive and the games will be even more

2: you cannot play PS3 games on ps4, streaming the game means a very huge bandwidth and will be useless in india

3: all disc based games need the blue ray disc to run

4: you need a dvd to play disc based games on PS3 and it will be the same on ps4
you can download a game from PSN and that downloaded game will not need any disc.
PS3 is not a PC and you cannot pirate any games on it

5&6:consoles save progress on the internal HDD and you can also store the same online
You can copy your game saves on pen drive or external HDD

7: no it cannot pickup progress from pen drive directly. you need to copy the savegame from pen drive to PS3 and then it can pickup your savegame.

OP
A

Amey408

Broken In
1: go for PS3 for now. PS4 will be expensive and the games will be even more

2: you cannot play PS3 games on ps4, streaming the game means a very huge bandwidth and will be useless in india

3: all disc based games need the blue ray disc to run

4: you need a dvd to play disc based games on PS3 and it will be the same on ps4
you can download a game from PSN and that downloaded game will not need any disc.
PS3 is not a PC and you cannot pirate any games on it

5&6:consoles save progress on the internal HDD and you can also store the same online
You can copy your game saves on pen drive or external HDD

7: no it cannot pickup progress from pen drive directly. you need to copy the savegame from pen drive to PS3 and then it can pickup your savegame.

Thanks man u solve nearly all my questions. but now there is one more problem one of my friend says that xbox is better option then Playstation3 for pure gaming and it have more interesting gaming titles also now what should i do????? :-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-( now again i am little bit confused. can u guys plz tell me some good gaming titles also.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Ps3 has more exclusives than xbox 360. Both almost have same number of multiplatform titles.

If you are interested in the awesome ps3 exclusives like Uncharted trilogy, The Last Of Us, God Of War 3 & Ascension, Heavy Rain, Infamous 1 and 2, Gran Turismo 5 and 6 , Killzone 2 and 3, Resistance trilogy, Metal Gear Solid complete collection and a lot of upcoming titles like Beyond Two Souls and others. Some nice multiplats like Bungie's Destiny, GTA 5 , watchdogs and Assasin's creed 4 black flag is also for PS3.

So PS3 is my suggestion considering the sheer number and quality of exclusives.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Thanks man u solve nearly all my questions. but now there is one more problem one of my friend says that xbox is better option then Playstation3 for pure gaming and it have more interesting gaming titles also now what should i do????? :-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-( now again i am little bit confused. can u guys plz tell me some good gaming titles also.

Don't listen to your friend, only xbox fanboys say that xbox is better. Though I'd suggest a next gen console.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
as gollum said, streaming services in india for the PS4 will be useless due to our low bandwidths and massive game sizes. better go for a PS3 and play the exclusives. then you can sell it off and then get a PS4 :p

Gollum

Collector

xbox is just a PC disguised in the body of a console.
you need to play online
games on ps3[exclusives, blow xbox exclusives to the ground far faaaar away ...fan boy tone]
xbox controller is ugly as hell
Microsoft=chor company and tech support is pathetic

rest of my opinion is put in beautiful words by vicky
^^ Ps3 has more exclusives than xbox 360. Both almost have same number of multiplatform titles.

If you are interested in the awesome ps3 exclusives like Uncharted trilogy, The Last Of Us, God Of War 3 & Ascension, Heavy Rain, Infamous 1 and 2, Gran Turismo 5 and 6 , Killzone 2 and 3, Resistance trilogy, Metal Gear Solid complete collection and a lot of upcoming titles like Beyond Two Souls and others. Some nice multiplats like Bungie's Destiny, GTA 5 , watchdogs and Assasin's creed 4 black flag is also for PS3.

So PS3 is my suggestion considering the sheer number and quality of exclusives.

as gollum said, streaming services in india for the PS4 will be useless due to our low bandwidths and massive game sizes. better go for a PS3 and play the exclusives. then you can sell it off and then get a PS4 :p

@anir
he can retain the ps3 as well. I mean I would.
But yeah, some major ps3 titles might be remastered ro made for ps4 and OP can just download them from PSN

These days users can download a huge library of ps2 titles from psn that are made for ps3

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
@OP - People here already suggested you a Sony product against the Xbox and they are right.

PS3 Vs PS4 -
1) PS4 releases in November (4 months + few more months due to delay in release in Asia)
2) Release prices tend to be pretty high and the console will settle down a little on pricing later. Also the risk of a first version.
3) Game library for PS4 takes atleast an year to have something impressive on store and enough to play on
4) Streaming PS3 games is the option to play PS3 games on PS4. But streaming might come late onto the PS4 only after couple of months ateast after the consoles release. Also the forgettable FUP's and speeds in India doesnt make it easy here.
5) The support for PS3 is promised for another 3 yrs by Sony. Which also means all of the early titles in 2014 is gonna be available for PS3.

Overall go for PS3.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Most important of them all (If you're going for a PS3), make sure to find out some way to exchange games with other PS3 players, you don't want to spend 4k on every PS3 game :p

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Most important of them all (If you're going for a PS3), make sure to find out some way to exchange games with other PS3 players, you don't want to spend 4k on every PS3 game :p

2.5 or 3K.Don't Exaggerate ;-)

xbox is just a PC disguised in the body of a console.
you need to play online
games on ps3[exclusives, blow xbox exclusives to the ground far faaaar away ...fan boy tone]

xbox controller is ugly as hell
Microsoft=chor company and tech support is pathetic

rest of my opinion is put in beautiful words by vicky

@anir
he can retain the ps3 as well. I mean I would.
But yeah, some major ps3 titles might be remastered ro made for ps4 and OP can just download them from PSN

These days users can download a huge library of ps2 titles from psn that are made for ps3

Xbox Controller is awesome.:bananana: both looks wise and functionality-wise :grin:
Only gripe is that it using those AA batteries :x
Customer service is also good.(better than sony atleast) As far as i hear.
my cousin got his 360 successfully replaced 3 times between 2009-2011 so they're not bad

@OP : Even i recommend PS3 over Xbox 360

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
titles like CODF starts of with a ~4K price tag..

@OP:: BTW, there are other gamer exclusive forums (IVG) where you can buy used games without much fuss just as smooth as TDF.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
3.5k for the brand new ones. 2.5K isn't cheaper either ;)

But we're talking about consoles here aren't we? ;-)
@OP : you can get games like God of War 3,Resistance 3 etc @ Rs 999

*www.flipkart.com/games/ps3~platfor...700+-+Rs.+1499&p[]=sort=price_asc&sid=4rr,tg9

titles like CODF starts of with a ~4K price tag..

@OP:: BTW, there are other gamer exclusive forums (IVG) where you can buy used games without much fuss just as smooth as TDF.

Only CoD:G ;-)
other games start @ 3K for New.New Sony exclusives are available @ 2.7k

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Is it recommended to buy PS3 12GB? As 160GB is obsolete nowadays, it can't be find anywhere. Only option is 12GB or 500GB one.

Or it'd be better to look for a 2nd Hand PS3?

Top Bottom