games that shattered all our expectations....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
aravind_n20 said:
No doubt:Its Pirates of Caribean!!!!
I was very excited on geting it until I started it.My heart broke whem I started playing it.I just thought of burning the whole PC,

Actually we are talking about "shattering expectations" in a positive way! :) But guess the subject can be interpretted in your way as well! :lol:

moshel

Padawan
At first even i thought that Freedom Fighters was an average game. But it really exceeded my expectations.

and the best thing about that was it played on my old p3 733 mhz, 810e motherboard 192 mb ram PC!!!!!!

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
When it came to shattering expectations, I have to say three games did it for me. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time was one. Somehow I never listened to the people who told me to run and get the game ASAP. But the second I got it on the PS2 and started playing it, I couldn't stop - literally. While the game was a bit frustrating the first time around, once I got the hang of it, I couldn't stop. I still play it regularly.

The next game that shattered my expectations was Half-Life 2. I know much has already been said about this, but after the disappointment that came with the release of Doom 3 and playing it without much of a gameplay angle, I was somehow preparing myself for the worst when I picked up HL2. I went home installed it and the trouble with Steam started right away. I thought "Oh heck! This is gonna be a worse let down than D3 was!" The game finally loaded after an hour, and after staring at an interminable load time for the first level, I started playing through it. I never was convinced of the game's true genius until the "Water Hazard" level. It was then that I truly realized that it was more than what I had expected.

But the most earth-shattering experience for me came from a game that unfortunately didn't get the credit it deserved because it launched along with the biggie - HL2. The game? Tribes: Vengeance. I didnt open the package until I had finished playing HL2 and by the time I got around to playing the second level and the multiplayer online, I had to slap myself to realize how the game had come from nowhere and blew away all my expectations of the game to kingdom come. I have never played a game that was this engaging in single-player, except, perhaps, say Call of Duty. To anyone that hasn't tried out this game, do so - NOW! I guarantee you till love it to death!

for me it has to be an obscure game called gothic 2. all sites had given it an average rating. still i decided to give it a try. n boy, wat a heck of the game is it. i got truly immersed in its environment and spent many nights playing it.
another one would be SWAT 4, i really thought it would be no better than counter strike. but to my surprise i found it to be quite exciting

Hells_Fury

In the zone
For me it would be Indogo Prophecy aka Farenheit. I didnt expect much when I forst started playing but boy oh boy was i in for a surprise. This was easily the best game i had ever played on the PS2. I didnt find any other game as immersive as this one.

Last edited:
S

shashank_digitreader

ctrl_alt_del said:
Freedom Fighters! I wasen't sure what the game would be like but the story and execution of the game exceeded my wildest dreams!

for me too, amazing game. Jesper Kyd music always rox even for hitman. luv that game.

T

thunderbird.117

Hells_Fury said:
For me it would be Indogo Prophecy aka Farenheit. I didnt expect much when I forst started playing but boy oh boy was i in for a surprise. This was easily the best game i had ever played on the PS2. I didnt find any other game as immersive as this one.

I agree with Indigo Prophecy. It is very good game. Especially the arcade sequence. After i changed the keys. It became quite easy. It is one of the best adventure games. The action at last was superb. The music was amazing. The mission was exciting. This game has all. Must play game.

Taran0000

Broken In
mayur_digitized said:
another one would be SWAT 4, i really thought it would be no better than counter strike. but to my surprise i found it to be quite exciting

SWAT4 is one of best online games i ever played. i have played this game more than 450 hours :p

abhi_10_20

Cool and Calm
I thought Hitman was No 1 in action and stealth. I just bought Splinter cell
Chaos Theory and i think this is even better.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Well according to me cricket games - Cricket and BLC fail to deliver each time. Why can't they take advice from some cricket experts before making games. Each time some or the other flaw in gameplay occurs regularly.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
But that's a lame excuse...since they make the game poorly...hence it has a bad market...not the other way around. They never tried perfecting the game!

Dipen01

Youngling
Was recent BLC a flop...???? i mean i heard was a nice game.....!!

yeah BLC 99 (i loved it) coz...at that time....it was awsome..now comparing wid new editions....v can call it lame..!!!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
it has to be

The Suffeing: Prison is Hell

and

Gun

Freedom Fighter
is good too but its now a bit old to pry open again.

fazcorp_88

Broken In
resident evil 4 (ps2) i had virtually no expectations from this game and thought that it would be another horror crap games(i hate horror films and games) but was stunned shocked by the amazing storyline,characters and awesome gameplay(the best one till date).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom