Gamers are actually social!

setanjan123

In the zone
Lucky you. The girls i know smtimes will listen patiently if it is somethng like metallica but i have yet to find 1 who actively listens to metal

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
in any field of work, people who have taken their job too seriously, are never social in the eyes of people who have not, said that, the word "social" is subject to vary according to the frame of reference, outlook of surrounding society and people.

Last edited:

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
in any field of work, people who have taken their job too seriously, are never social in the eyes of people who have not, said that, the word "social" is subject to vary according to the frame of reference, outlook of surrounding society and people.

:thumbs:

This is a news section. If I were you, I'd hold back with the smileys and memes.

Update: Congrats! and welcome to chit chat.

People who play Farmville,Candy Crush and Texas Hold Em Up Poker are also considered gamers, so... that survey or research is completely misleading.
Sending requests, spamming friends with "extra lives" or chatting in-game are considered socializing according to that joke of a research

- - - Updated - - -

There are girls who listen to metal. There is one in my office who listens to Metallica.

There are girls who are DIE HARD FOOTBALL fans.. i don't need to tell you how many of them are posers or just attention seekers. My classmate says she loves classic Rock from bands like Mr Big, Skid Row etc etc but the only song she heard was "Be With You"..which was the gayest song from a rock band like Mr Big.
Girls just want guys complimenting them with "wow you are so cool, you are not like the other girls"

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
hey candy crush and farmville is ok.. but what you have against texas hold em poker. poker is fun in multiplayer, even for men?
about things like candy crush, draw something... those have a social element, and yes that is why they may be more popular with a certain gender, so what?
there are games that are social and hardcore also, many mmos have good crowd, even from India.

R2K

In the Zone
I don't know about gamer girls unless we are talking about angry birds and temple run. But most of them are good multitaskers. The way some of them switch between whatsapp, viber and facebook app is just amazing :D

i dont know about multitasking but when it comes to FORWARDING RETARDED MESSAGES BE IT ON WHATSAPP OR SMS no one can beat them.
every now and then they will send stuffs like "Dont drink Frooty, investigators found dead xxx in the factory mixer" or "Dont go out on xxx night because xxxx happening, one man in xxxx country didn't believe and xxx happened to him "

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
I think you are a wee bit sexist. that is fine. bear in mind that we have certain expectations of behavior, and there are things called stereotypes. we are all very different people in our private lives, when other people or society is not involved - a great place to explore this is actually games. just think about whether gender needs to or would exist at all if there were no other people around. we need gender for social reasons, property, progeny, security.. and we play these roles the best we can, can't blame any gender for conforming to these expectations. I donno, if a chick actually gave abuses while playing first person shooters, guffawed about the kind of "armour" females wear in games, and showed off attitude about dominating, we would probably collectively shame that behavior as well.

rhyansy

MSI Gaming Pan India Sale
Gaming is social in nature. So basically, gamers are social beings, be it guys or gals. It only differs with which types of games they play.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Gaming is social in nature. So basically, gamers are social beings, be it guys or gals. It only differs with which types of games they play.

Gaming is social in nature now. Since all companies are trying to incorporate some aspect of social media into every game. Not everyone likes to have that, me included.

I still like Single player games better just for the story.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
I found one who butted in when two of us guys were talking about gaming
she plays warframe and skyrim

warframe and skyrim are girly to me now

Top Bottom