Game You are Currently Addicted to

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinjo_jo

Padawan
Anyone who buys the game supports the unfair DRM. I played AC1 and liked it and I am sure AC2 is even better but I aint ever gonna buy that game or any other UBI game that's going to ship with DRM (except multilayer only titles where having internet makes sense).
Its not the matter of 900 Rs here, its the matter of freedom of playing a game whenever and wherever you want, internet in India does not guarantee the 'whenever and wherever' thing.
Today its UBI tomorrow it will be every other game company, this bad practice has been started on PC and will 100% extend to console in near future.
So how are people supporting other games ? By Pirating them ?

How is it marked in Map in Venice , and however he has moved from Venice

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
How is it marked in Map in Venice , and however he has moved from Venice
Which location are you in right now? If I recall correctly, you have to meet up with a woman called Caterina, help her to reach the dock and she will then grant you access to get on the ferry.

Once you're done with it, you'll head back to Venice and Leonardo would be right there at your arrival. You have to walk with him and his workshop would be on the right. You can decrypt your codex pages there.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
@dinjo,

One thing... What If i don't have a Internet connection and I want to play AC2? will that bea great American dream. Think of me like.. Who don't have a Internet connection and a GPRS capable phone. What should I do now? There are hundreds of people in India this way. So, even if they are convinced to purchase the game by the awesomeness of the game.... they won't be able to play it.

dinjo_jo

Padawan
I'm at the stage where Eziho have to carry Leonardo along with this flying machine in a chariot and after which Leonardo goes away with the Chariot and does that mean i cannot decrypt the codex pages ?

Another point i missed one of the Assassins Tomb in one of sequence does that mean i cannot go back and complete the tomb ? and what's the reward if i complete all the tombs ? i must say the platforming in tombs is even better than the gameplay.

I think meeting the woman would in the next memory ? correct me

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

@vamsi
So how do people get the downloaded version on there computer ? Even with all legit games you will need a internet connection to authenticate to start the game but that's only once but you still require internet connection

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I'm at the stage where Eziho have to carry Leonardo along with this flying machine in a chariot and after which Leonardo goes away with the Chariot and does that mean i cannot decrypt the codex pages ?
You can, it's just that you need to make your way back to Venice. Now this part is a royal b*tch. I was stuck out here for quite sometime trying to figure out a way out of that place. I had to make 2 round trip around the Apennine Mountains. Keep a tab on your map and see if you can locate a closest route towards Venice. You should have 1 memory sequence after you drop off Leonardo and that is to find the woman, I mentioned before. All of this is included in sequence 6. Sequence 7 begins when you meet up with Leonardo in Venice. You'll also have a brief sequence with Desmond as well (this is where you'll also find a surprise waiting for you).

Another point i missed one of the Assassins Tomb in one of sequence does that mean i cannot go back and complete the tomb ? and what's the reward if i complete all the tombs ? i must say the platforming in tombs is even better than the gameplay.
Yeah. That was quite fun to be honest, felt like Prince of Persia. You can revisit the tombs later on as well. Being an open world game, it allows you to visit them anytime you want, finding them is another thing. I would say check some FAQ's for it's location or scan for viewpoints by scaling the towers and performing leap of faith. The more you do it, the more objectives get revealed.

From what I gather online, there are 6 tombs in total; 2 in Florence (one of which is a part of the main storyline), 1 in the city after the villa, 1 in Roma and 2 in Venice. Haven't you got to Novella's Secret tomb? That's a party of the main storyline. Along with the hidden treasures in those tombs, I suppose Wikipedia states:
6 secret locations are also Assassin Tombs containing seals necessary to unlock Altaïr's Armor, which is the most powerful armor in the game and is necessary for Desmond to achieve full synchronization with Ezio

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I don't know the situation in Bombay.. but 90% of game piracy in towns are not though internet it is by DVD vendors. I hardly see anyone downloading games illegally.. they will purchase a rs.50 disk from vendor.

I think only few games come with mandatory internet activation. Most of them are still following good old Disk check. Even if the game asks for internet activation.. it gives a chance to go to another computer with internet connection and acquire a activation code there,for the people who don't have internet.It is Because.. they care for the people who don't have internet connection. :)

dinjo_jo

Padawan
Thanks for that , completed 4/6 of tombs i missed one of them , the game is so huge and i have not even completed a single side mission.
i read somewhere that the tombs are sequence based and you can't go back

Got the AC II Prima Guide now but reading through the whole is very hard.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Come to think of it, Ubisoft is the only company who has been extremely experimental with their protections. They were the ones who introduced Star Force, went without protection and now got the "need to always be online" DRM method. Sure their sales figure might be hampered and they may get flanked for it, but the point is they are trying to see how effective these methods prove to keep pirates away, time being the key essence here. This is the only company that has had the balls to use this kind of DRM, even if it meant loosing a few customers.

I'm pretty sure everyone out here has access to Internet or at least a broadband connection. Limited or unlimited, doesn't matter. So I don't see why one can't keep their Internet connection ON while playing this game? It's not like it's bandwidth sucking game or it's downloading anything in the background.

It does suck if you're ISP breaks down for hours and hence rendering the game useless. My MTNL connection was once inactive for a whole bloody week. But instances like these are very rare phenomenon, unless your ISP itself is very unstable. So I don't see what the difficulty is out here.

dinjo_jo

Padawan
I don't know the situation in Bombay.. but 90% of game piracy in towns are not though internet it is by DVD vendors. I hardly see anyone downloading games illegally.. they will purchase a rs.50 disk from vendor.
Your Statement is self contradictory by saying you dont download the games and buying game from Pirate Seller, what are you doing ? aren't you promoting downloading games from internet.I know these DVD Vendors very well and how they operate , in Bombay they have a network in Andheri & they download games from torrents as in when the demand for games arrive the guy even told me if you want the game he will download it and sell me if the game is not available with them.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
i read somewhere that the tombs are sequence based and you can't go back
Got the AC II Prima Guide now but reading through the whole is very hard.
The sequence can't be repeated, but the locations can be revisited. The tombs won't vanish if you don't visit them. ;-)

Ditch the Prima guide. It's extremely confusing and not structured. Stick to Gamespot's guide or MyCheats guide. They are easier.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
So how are people supporting other games ? By Pirating them ?

Who said about pirating, I am talking about opposing a move that will be pain in the butt in near future.

*cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/03/03action_02.jpg

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Your Statement is self contradictory by saying you dont download the games and buying game from Pirate Seller, what are you doing ? aren't you promoting downloading games from internet.I know these DVD Vendors very well and how they operate , in Bombay they have a network in Andheri & they download games from torrents as in when the demand for games arrive the guy even told me if you want the game he will download it and sell me if the game is not available with them.

I can't see any contradiction here.. the situation is pretty much liner. The guys here don't know that the vendors are downloading the games.. they think that they do it in old school way(purchase a legit copy.. and make clones of it).

There is big confusion here...Are you using 'you' as a metaphor or actually pointing me? :D

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I'm pretty sure everyone out here has access to Internet or at least a broadband connection.

Dude.... I had to wait for one year for a internet connection in Pune. There was no provider in our area other than Tata and its capacity was full. I had to move to a new location just to get a internet connection (with fkin fup and ridiculous bills).

This is how bad it is, and this is why i hate this DRM so much.

dinjo_jo

Padawan
I can't see any contradiction here.. the situation is pretty much liner. The guys here don't know that the vendors are downloading the games.. they think that they do it in old school way(purchase a legit copy.. and make clones of it).

There is big confusion here...Are you using 'you' as a metaphor or actually pointing me? :D
I'm not pointing to one person at all ,what i'm saying that getting the games from vendor without knowing that the game is legit is foolish don't the people who buy the game from vendor know that there is a crack folder under each game ? This is not a valid excuse.

Your point of pissing off AC II DRM is not valid as you are promoting piracy

The thing that most of the people don't realize is that the developers are trying to kill off PC gaming but releasing the games months later with crap-ass DRMs. It's not far-fetched to say that the next-gen consoles might beat PCs in graphics department too. Consoles are winning in every aspect except graphics right now.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Aww...man, darn! Another goddarn dilemma. I'm goin' with BC2 'cause EA rocks! :D Ezio will come to me no matter what, know what I'm sayin'? If not May, then June :)). But BC2 MP's ain't comin' to me if I don't go with that, but that doesn't make me, "the Ezio-hater". Infact if I fall in love with him and that goddarn "Server is in maintenance" comes up anytime, I'm gonna dump him :D, even if it comes after completin' the game. Everybody knows that I'm jokin', right?

@Sun: You don't want me to be in Ethan's "Ignore List" again, do ye? Got me? :C_lolwink: CnC4's *clears throat*-ed, so I guess Ezio'll be here no sooner.

@Ei8t: Err....I'll DIE for it!!

Last edited:

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Guys suggest me some MP Games for my PC...my board exams are almost over...does cod mw2 have latency issues ?
BTW I've signed up for NFS World BETA and it is super awesome...
*needforspeed.com/web/world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom