Game You are Currently Addicted to

Status
Not open for further replies.
No good games around. Finished Velvet Assassin,Wolverine,Cryostasis,necrovision....no more ht games. So, just GTA San Andreas(never played it before,it's quite cool:D) and Counter Strike Source.

Waiting for Terminator Salvation,Batman Arkham Asylum and Ashes Cricket 2009.

tkin

Back to school!!
^It's not MS, it's EPIC games.
No, it's not like that, epic's just the developer, MS is the publisher, so its ultimately upto MS to make the decision, even EPIC admitted that once.

Also the PC version(GoW) was ported to PC by People can fly games, so its MS's choice to make.

BTW if you go to World Cyber Games site and look for a pole to select WCG Official games 2009 you'll see that GoW 2 is listed in PC games(Action catagory) and you can actually choose it, it could be a mistake or NOT.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^GeOW was ported by People can Fly by Epic's permission, Microsoft games only distributed the title. EPIC had seen their porting efforts for PC at E3 & decided to shift the PC porting to them. If you read up on the internet, People Can Fly is now a part of EPIC games, they got acquired. So eitherway, it's EPIC's call to port GeOW 2 on PC or not.

Think about it logically, why would MS pull out of porting for it's own Windows platform? They benefit from each platform.

Microsoft never made a comment about PC piracy being the reason for not porting Gears 2 across. It was Cliff Bleszinski's motor mouth which stated it very clearly:
"The person who is savvy enough to want to have a good PC to upgrade their video card, is a person who is savvy enough to know [BitTorrent] to know all the elements so they can pirate software," says Bleszinski. "Therefore, high-end videogames are suffering very much on the PC."

Moreover the game is a property of EPIC games & Microsoft cannot source out any porting job without their permission. They (EPIC games) would have to approve the license of their engine to be used by someone else. This is not something which is in Microsoft's control.

Read up all over the internet. I can point out a every article from EPIC claiming Gears 2 won't be on PC.

About your World Cyber Games listing, it's for the console & not PC. If it's listed under PC, then it should be a huge mistake. The platform is not even been announced. So they can't unveil it out of the blue on a gaming tournament event now, can they?

ajaybc

Youngling
^GTA 4 was listed as a PC game in the ESRB site long before it's PC version was announced.
Just saying that is all.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Likewise, RE5 already had it's PC version copy along with Box-art up for release at many sites, before the official announcement. My point is, unless there is an official announcement from the developer/publisher themselves, we can't bet our money on speculations. That's what I always say.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
SimCity Societies [PC]

Its damn bored and not even closer to its pre-decessors. I'd rather play my all time favorite GTA:SA rather than this sh1t.

toofan

Technomancer
I am addicted to Urban Terror form past 8 months.

& also addicted to
1. Sid Meirs Civilization IV: Colonisation.
2. Sid Meirs Railroads.

Try Railroads its just sticky.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Crysis. I was unable to play this game earlier with "Very High" settings. Now, enjoying the dx10 magic in crysis. :)

Congrats on your new rig mate!

@nvidiageek :- Try and be patient... and yes, atleast complete the tutorial first!

Anyways, addicted to Sims 3. One hell of a game. There is just so much to do. I played an hour and I can say confidently that I have hardly seen 25% of the whole game. Sims 2 looks like a failed pathetic joke in front of Sims 3 :D. Also started GTA IV again :).

tkin

Back to school!!
Likewise, RE5 already had it's PC version copy along with Box-art up for release at many sites, before the official announcement. My point is, unless there is an official announcement from the developer/publisher themselves, we can't bet our money on speculations. That's what I always say.
Many console exclusive games have been listed in different sites before being ported to PC, RE5 was a major one, no body knew till a few sites(amazon) started spreading the rumour which turned true.
Besides games like Halo, Halo 2, GoW 1 itself, DMC 3 also been ported.

Check this out;
*img199.imageshack.us/img199/5830/wcggow2.th.png

This poll has been launched for quiet a long time like for 6 months already and yet they haven't rectified it, after all its the WCG, the biggest gaming event of the world, and its hard to imagine they won't rectify such a huge mistake(if it was one) in such an important poll even after 6 months.

GoW 1 was released after 1 year, maybe GoW 2 will be released at 2010, something like Exclusive game for Win 7 with DX 11 AA only, or some crazy staff to make people buy Win 7 more, like halo 2 was made exclusive for Vista only.

Or maybe I'm just keeping my hopes alive, I could buy the X360 anytime but the main issue is that I can't play FPS with the controller, I tried to play GoW with X360 gamepad in PC and miserably failed, if X360 supported mouse and keyboard then would have bought it by now.

Check the poll out here; *www.wcg.com/6th/poll/poll_PTT.asp

Look at Google search; *lmgtfy.com/?q=wcg+poll+gears+of+war+2+pc

Update- Another one(just like RE5 in Amazon listings).
*img200.imageshack.us/img200/2499/vggow2pc.th.png

BTW Epic also said NO GOW 1 for PC when rumours about GoW PC started as nVidia drivers contained a profile for GoW; *news.softpedia.com/news/Definitely-No-Gears-of-War-for-PC-44196.shtml

Last edited:

ajaybc

Youngling
Anyways, addicted to Sims 3. One hell of a game. There is just so much to do. I played an hour and I can say confidently that I have hardly seen 25% of the whole game. Sims 2 looks like a failed pathetic joke in front of Sims 3 :D. Also started GTA IV again :).
Oh Sims 3 released??!!!
Thanks for the notification.BTW how is the perfomance? Sims 2 loading times was pathetic.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Kindly create a thumbnail for the images. It just messes up the reading & scrolling part.

Many console exclusive games have been listed in different sites before being ported to PC, RE5 was a major one, no body knew till a few sites(amazon) started spreading the rumour which turned true.
Besides games like Halo, Halo 2, GoW 1 itself, DMC 3 also been ported.
Most of us knew RE5 would eventually come to PC. It was only a matter of being officially announced, which it did later on. Capcom & EPIC are 2 different entities. They (Capcom) have pretty much ported most of their franchise on the PC. They never made excuses like EPIC for piracy being the reason for not porting 'a' particular game onto PC. When asked about on Capcom's forum, their team itself denied the fact of any affiliations with those sites displaying their game (RE5) with a PC box art. We can't trust all of those sites which keep speculating & those which spread clear BS.

GoW 1 was released after 1 year, maybe GoW 2 will be released at 2010, something like Exclusive game for Win 7 with DX 11 AA only, or some crazy staff to make people buy Win 7 more, like halo 2 was made exclusive for Vista only.

BTW Epic also said NO GOW 1 for PC when rumours about GoW PC started as nVidia drivers contained a profile for GoW; *news.softpedia.com/news/Defin...PC-44196.shtml

Or maybe I'm just keeping my hopes alive, I could buy the X360 anytime but the main issue is that I can't play FPS with the controller, I tried to play GoW with X360 gamepad in PC and miserably failed, if X360 supported mouse and keyboard then would have bought it by now.
Gears is not an FPS, if that's what you meant. I'm not sure why people keep confusing that title belonging to an FPS genre. It's only a matter of getting used to playing it on a 360 controller. But that's not even the point. You're going off the subject & getting into speculations again. I never said Gears of War 2 would never come to PC, but EPIC does. It may or may not happen. But it's EPIC's call to do that & not MS. That was the point I made earlier.

EPIC can have their game, for all I care. Heck even I might end up buying the dam console, but I still want to see it on PC someday.

tkin

Back to school!!
Kindly create a thumbnail for the images. It just messes up the reading & scrolling part.

Most of us knew RE5 would eventually come to PC. It was only a matter of being officially announced, which it did later on. Capcom & EPIC are 2 different entities. They (Capcom) have pretty much ported most of their franchise on the PC. They never made excuses like EPIC for piracy being the reason for not porting 'a' particular game onto PC. When asked about on Capcom's forum, their team itself denied the fact of any affiliations with those sites displaying their game (RE5) with a PC box art. We can't trust all of those sites which keep speculating & those which spread clear BS.

Gears is not an FPS, if that's what you meant. I'm not sure why people keep confusing that title belonging to an FPS genre. It's only a matter of getting used to playing it on a 360 controller. But that's not even the point. You're going off the subject & getting into speculations again. I never said Gears of War 2 would never come to PC, but EPIC does. It may or may not happen. But it's EPIC's call to do that & not MS. That was the point I made earlier.

EPIC can have their game, for all I care. Heck even I might end up buying the dam console, but I still want to see it on PC someday.
Fixed the images, also I made a mistake about GoW being FPS, its actually a 3rd person shooter, I know, what I meant to say was that GoW2 was basically a shooting game, and its hard to play shooters with the controller.

I was once watching my friend play GoW on X360 and he was lacking the accuracy, specially with the sniper, and when he played GoW on my PC he was a lot better on accuracy, this might be a exceptional case but you know...............

Anyway gonna buy spore, is it any good? And about the DRM crap, is it a major issue?

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Sims 3 fast, brief and informative review :-

Graphics :-
They got better! Hell yeah! They are better than Sims 2.. not by much but still they have noticeably improved. The game is better optimised and runs better than the previous Sims on all maxed (even the 3rd speed dosent gimme any FPS lag! :D). Reflections are added to water bodies and the overall graphics look much more better. Apart from the main loading screen of the game, there is no loading time to speak of as such. Everything happens real time. Like you want to goto a lot.. no problems and no loading times. You can see your sim go around the town in a cab/vehicle in real time. Its much, much better!

Sound :-
It's improved too! There are much more sound tracks to choose from and custom music is officially supported. The Sims still talk in Simlish (or w/ever its called) but it's fun to listen to. The guitar playing sounds much more pleasent as you go up in the skill ladder. Sadly, they removed the rock/metal genres from the game... dunno why coz they are the most popular genres currently.. sad :(. Still its quite a blast! And even some Mozzart compositions have been thrown in.

Gameplay :-
ITS HUGE. Believe me, you will be baffled by the amount of stuff that's in the game. There is just so much to do. The create Sim thing has been given a boost with more clothes and customising options. Instead of personality/turn-ons and turn-offs, there is the new trait system. You gotta select a number of traits depending on the age and thats basically how your sim will behave. There are many traits to choose from. Your main aspiration in life will depend on the traits... like I made this Sim have Evil, Evil mentality, Genius and Computer Whiz as traits and his main wish is to become a Criminal Mastermind :D. The buy/build menu has given a boost too. Now, the stuff is sorted out in room to room manner and its very easy and fun to buy stuff. The mood/needs system has been made much more forgivable so instead of just running around trying comtemplate to your sims' needs, you can actually spend time to explore the game and expand your sims' skills. You have the new oppurtunities system. Depending on your skill level and career, your sim will get oppurtunities... ful-fulling them rewards you sim with either cash/some stuff/relationship bonus or career bonus. The overall game has been also expanded. You can go anywhere in real time. You can just click on your neighbours house and select 'enter' and your sims will run/walk/go in a car to that place and you can actually see it! You can buy books for yourself and now there is no need to buy a phone bcoz every sims has a cell phone from the beginning.. yay! This game has no limits, no boundries and no ends! JUST ****ING AMAZING!

Overall :-
Go play it :|.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom