GAM1NG PC @70k

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
Guys i want to ask a few final questions as i am most likely to get the parts tomorrow.
Pls answer them. They are very vital for my purchase:

1. Motherboard for i5 2500k: I know a z68 by Asus or Gigabyte is good but if I dont find it then is the Asus P8P67 Pro a good alternative (I know diff btw z68 & P67) Or should I get the z68 online? In which case pls post a link where its available. [PLZ ANSWER MOST IMPORTANT]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. PSU: Should i stick to just Seasonic S11D 620W/ Cosair TX650v2 or any more similar alternatives. I am looking at ordering online from techshop.in if i dont find it locally.

3. RAM: Are G.skill ripjaws 4GB 1600mhz as good as Cosair vengeance 4GB the mention of which i saw in some other posts? (i dont know much about either) (just in case i dont find gskill)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Minor Ques:

4. UPS: What is auto shutdown feature seen in APC 1KVA @5.5k. Is it useful as i am planning on getting the APC 1.1KVA w/o the software

5.OS: Is Win 7 Home Premium good or should i get Proffessional or Ultimate. I am not sure about the added benifits of the same.

Thanks in advance

Bought the Dell U2311H IPS monitor today for Rs.14323/- from Binary World

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

tkin

Back to school!!
Selection is good, also Z68 by Gigabyte same as P67 as it do not support video output or virtu, asus does but it will launch next month.

Auto shutdown means the computer will shutdown when it detects the battery power becoming low(a cable will be connected between ups and pc usb port), like laptop, useful if you are not around to shut the pc off.

Get Win7 professional, ultimate is just a gimmick.

J

Joker

extreme gamer is correct. RSX is actually a tweaked g70 chip. (nvidia 7800)

In terms of performance it is equal to sli between to nvidia 6800.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ PS3 has NV47 chip and GTX 7800 series is based on it - so which gfx chip PS3 has - go figure ;-)

@ Sarath - as your primary need is gaming you can go for P67 mobo if you can't find any z68 mobo.

Corsair vengeance is good and can be bought instead of g-skill.

Stick with Corsair Tx 650 V2 and for windows I've used win vista and win 7 home premium and it's enough for gaming ;-)

J

Joker

Nvidia G70 = NV47 = GeForce 7800: 8 geometry engines | 24 pixel pipes | 302 million transistors

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
You forgot what the CPU of the PS3 is. Extremely optimized machine for gaming.

@ OP, Get a P67 ..good chipset. Rest is all fine.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Indeed,if you can avoid it, get a motherboard from a retail store.

RAM I would not mind so much because they are more impact resistant due to small size and heatspreaders "protecting" them.

Corsair vengeance is a good option,but try to get 1.5v kit.

I have heard of 1.65v kits damaging SB mobos.

i could not find G.Skill in Kolkata else I would've gone for RipjawsX instead of Dom GT which I actually ordered from Amazon lol(do the math-16k including AFPro vs 23k here without AFPro).

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Yes the cell can render objects more like vertex shading. It offloads a lot of gpu based tasks. So the rsx does not have to do everything as far rendering is concerned.

That is the beauty of ps3.

tkin

Back to school!!
Indeed,if you can avoid it, get a motherboard from a retail store.

RAM I would not mind so much because they are more impact resistant due to small size and heatspreaders "protecting" them.

Corsair vengeance is a good option,but try to get 1.5v kit.

I have heard of 1.65v kits damaging SB mobos.

i could not find G.Skill in Kolkata else I would've gone for RipjawsX instead of Dom GT which I actually ordered from Amazon lol(do the math-16k including AFPro vs 23k here without AFPro).
And warranty? Will you get warranty for the doms here?

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Well I can do RMA directly.I have contacted tech support once.

I almost did it when I could not reach 2Ghz,turned out my QPI was hating me.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
so your dad agreed and everything?

Get yourself Win 7 home premium retail for ~5-6k max

install 64-bit copy.

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
Yeah i was about to ask why 64bit?

He did not completely. Got everything through Mom.

Looks like the Win copy will be out of my pocket

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
With 32-bit OS, you can't use 4GB RAM. That's why 64-bit. It's time to move on too. 95% 32-bit applications would work fine with x86_64 processors like yours.

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
yeah actually at the time of typing this and reading plenty articles by googling i have realised 64bit is the way to go.

Esp the one line: Crysis runs better in 64bit :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have got everything except the mouse and keyboard. Damn! Never will order online again.
Now i am stuck with this PC with no mouse no KB and no OS :(
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

buying el cheapo KB tomorrow for the time being as primeabgb has no stock of silver arctosa.
And letsbuy totally forgot about my order and shipped it only after mailing them for the 3rd time.
15th- your order has been confirmed and will be shipped
24th- your order is being shipped! WHAT THE...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom