Samsung Galaxy S Advance vs Samsung Galaxy S2

• Samsung Galaxy S Advance

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Samsung Galaxy S2

Votes: 14 93.3%

• Total voters

pgsreejesh

Right off the assembly line
Hi, Can anyone guide me in deciding which phone to buy. Since this is my first android phone am bit confused.

I found mixed reviews on both the devices over internet. So please help me in deciding which is the best phone to buy among samsung galaxy s advance and samsung galaxy s2.

Also i would be happy enough to get advice on any other android phones in this range.

Please help me guys...............

rider

as Kratos
It depends on your budget both are great phones. Galaxy s advance is good phone in its price. Though both will get Android 4.1 jelly bean update for sure.

Best deal for galaxy s advance:LINK Use bank coupon to get it for 17,660 rupees.

OP
P

pgsreejesh

am really not yet sure about the jelly bean update for s advance also i think ICS is available for s2. But read many reviews claiming that s2 is having heating problem and battery problem. Is that true. Budget is ok upto 26k.

S2 anytime

But what about the OS update, battery life and heating problem of s2...............
there are lot of reviews about the same in internet.
Is this a common problem..............

about the ics or jelly bean update availability for both devices.....

randomuser111

Technomancer
Advance is not getting ICS, forget Jellybean.
Also according to a Recognized Elite developer (mainly he develops for Samsung Galaxy devices) at XDA even the S2 may not be getting Jellybean but only a value pack. Only the S3 is getting Jellybean.

P.S. I hope nobody pastes a link to that Samsung Facebook comment about Jellybean for S Advance. That is just a rumor and Samsung has officially announced JB update plan where S Advance is nowhere to be seen.

Last edited:
OP
P

pgsreejesh

Also according to a Recognized Elite developer (mainly he develops for Samsung Galaxy devices) at XDA even the S2 may not be getting Jellybean but only a value pack. Only the S3 is getting Jellybean.

P.S. I hope nobody pastes a link to that Samsung Facebook comment about Jellybean for S Advance. That is just a rumor and Samsung has officially announced JB update plan where S Advance is nowhere to be seen.

Thanks for your update

Are you sure about the jelly bean update and ics update for advance. If what you said is true then i think s2 would be the best choice but still would like to know about the battery complaints and over heating problem of S2.

randomuser111

Technomancer
Don't worry s2 doesn't have too many major issues. Over heating problem occurs only with some games if you play for long hours. Battery life is also decent. Overall its a much much better phone than S Advance.

OP
P

pgsreejesh

Don't worry s2 doesn't have too many major issues. Over heating problem occurs only with some games if you play for long hours. Battery life is also decent. Overall its a much much better phone than S Advance.

Thank You.
Okey then i think its worth going forward with S2. Hope to visit a Samsung shop today and ask for the pricing and all......

rider

as Kratos

S2 will get 4.1 update for sure. Samsung Galaxy S2 Android Jelly Bean official confirmation » Phone Reviews

Galaxy S Advance and Ace 2 will get too Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 and S Advance to skip ICS, get JB - GSMArena.com news
it's an official statement you can not prove wrong
...will be getting the official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean treatment without any Ice Cream Sandwich jump in-between.
Are you sure about the jelly bean update and ics update for advance. If what you said is true then i think s2 would be the best choice but still would like to know about the battery complaints and over heating problem of S2.

don't worry galaxy s advance will get direct jelly bean but no ICS. proof

If you can afford S2 better to buy it as it has great 8MP camera and much better overall performance. There is no such a noticeable issue, every phone can get heat up in intense use.

Last edited:

randomuser111

Technomancer
^

From the same article you linked

Of course, it could be that whoever is in charge of supporting the Samsung Bulgaria Facebook page got their facts wrong

And if you remember, Samsung announced its JB update plans and S advance is NOT mentioned there. So its just a miscommunication.

As for S2 itself Its a Samsung Galaxy S2 developer himself saying that Samsung is not gonna release Jellybean, not me. Go read XDA Galaxy S3 forums. There is not a single line of code ready for GS2 JB yet. So even if S2 will get JB, it may get next year.

You can ask him if you don't believe me. Contact him here and ask him what's the progress on JB for GS2 by Samsung

*forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=3208754

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
^

From the same article you linked

Of course, it could be that whoever is in charge of supporting the Samsung Bulgaria Facebook page got their facts wrong

And if you remember, Samsung announced its JB update plans and S advance is NOT mentioned there. So its just a miscommunication.

As for S2 itself Its a Samsung Galaxy S2 developer himself saying that Samsung is not gonna release Jellybean, not me. Go read XDA Galaxy S3 forums. There is not a single line of code ready for GS2 JB yet. So even if S2 will get JB, it may get next year.

You can ask him if you don't believe me. Contact him here

xda-developers - View Profile: codeworkx
Samsung announced jelly bean updates before that news. S Advance will get Jelly bean update may be later than flagship phones. I don't think there is some miscommunication there is an whole article of GSMarena saying it is an official.
And about S2 this XDA guy is just a cyanogenMod developer not some samsung official developer. If samsung has already confirmed that it will get jelly bean update there is no point to argue. LINK

Last edited:

randomuser111

Technomancer
EDIT: Samsung just released an official statement that the following devices will get updated to Android 4.1.1 Jellybean -

Galaxy S III
Galaxy S II
Galaxy S II LTE
Galaxy Note
Galaxy S Advance
Galaxy Chat
Galaxy Ace 2
Galaxy Beam
Galaxy Ace Plus
Galaxy Mini 2
Galaxy S Duos
Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Galaxy Note 10.1

So yeah @OP you can get either, but S2 is much better. So I suggest you get the S2.

Last edited:
OP
P

pgsreejesh

EDIT: Samsung just released an official statement that the following devices will get updated to Android 4.1.1 Jellybean -

Galaxy S III
Galaxy S II
Galaxy S II LTE
Galaxy Note
Galaxy S Advance
Galaxy Chat
Galaxy Ace 2
Galaxy Beam
Galaxy Ace Plus
Galaxy Mini 2
Galaxy S Duos
Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Galaxy Note 10.1

So yeah @OP you can get either, but S2 is much better. So I suggest you get the S2.

Thanks guys for updates..............
Yesterday i actually went to samsung company outlet.......... There the sales person gave me the information that S2 is now coming out with ICS and by mid of next year might be getting JB. But regarding S advance he said they havent got any information regarding any sort of update but said theres a chance that it may get ICS by next year...........................

But as someone else has said never trust blindly any sales person......

Well after reading all the posts i think that i should also go for S2. Would have to find out some app for battery life....... can anyone suggest me which app can be worth it............

Thank You all for your valuable updates and thoughts...... Thanks Guys

sumit bhatia

hey anant!
m also lookng to buy eithr one s with 1.7 ghz or samsung s adv. I knw htc has a good build n hw, but, nobody seems to suggst HTC at all. s advance is a good buy @18k, n former @26k.

aroraanant

Explorer
hey anant!
m also lookng to buy eithr one s with 1.7 ghz or samsung s adv. I knw htc has a good build n hw, but, nobody seems to suggst HTC at all. s advance is a good buy @18k, n former @26k.

S Advance and One S can't be compared with another.
Previously One S was priced very high which was not worth but now as HTC has decreased the price, it is a good buy.And one can also look out for Xperia S too

Top Bottom