GA-880GM-USB3L - Suitable graphics card

bub

Right off the assembly line
Dear Digit brothers,

I have a Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3L motherboard, I would love to put a nice graphics card below 8k, do certain brands work better than others with Gigabyte? or maybe better, can anyone advice me a card please?

All the best

bub

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ that's the best solution provided Op has a suitable PSU.

For a blow 8k gfx card look for HD6790 though - even this needs a god PSu.

sukesh1090

Adam young
yes +1 for 6850.op just increase you budget a bit and you will never regret.it is worth the extra money you will pay but before that please post your entire system config mainly the PSU or SMPS.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/149373-graphic-card-buying-advice-template.html
Fill this.

OP
B

bub

Right off the assembly line
Oeps, sorry, was a few days offline,

processor: AMD Athalon X4 645
psu: Corsair 450 which I will upgrade to 650W

It looks like HD6850 is the one to go for unless somebody would now state that my cpu/psu is not ok for that.

Thank you all so much for your time! I was into assembly more than 20 years ago, times where absolutely not all graphics cards would behave properly into a specific motherboard. These times seem to be over now and that's why I didn't get the required google results I suppose.

Thanks again and love to you all

bub

dibya_kol

In the zone
pick any of those ..
Flipkart: MSI AMD/ATI R6850 Cyclone 1GD5 Power Edition/OC 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card: Graphics Card

or

Flipkart: Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6770 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card: Graphics Card

both cards are capable of handle anything with decent fps.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oeps, sorry, was a few days offline,

processor: AMD Athalon X4 645
psu: Corsair 450 which I will upgrade to 650W

It looks like HD6850 is the one to go for unless somebody would now state that my cpu/psu is not ok for that.

Thank you all so much for your time! I was into assembly more than 20 years ago, times where absolutely not all graphics cards would behave properly into a specific motherboard. These times seem to be over now and that's why I didn't get the required google results I suppose.

Thanks again and love to you all

bub

no need for a new PSu unless you are going to OC the CPU/GPU - at stock speed the PSU will serve you really good for many upcoming years.

Top Bottom