g800gs to 6800gt........

Status
Not open for further replies.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Its better go for 120mm if ur cab supports it. Fix an 80mm fam on four long screws on bottom of the cab so as to face nd push air to the gcard nd in that way u can go even higher.ways beeter than an 80mm as it pushes more air with less noise, but your cab has to support it.
Jus t attach or place an 80mm fan on for long screws on the bottom of your cab so as to push air to the Gcard, u can go for much higher oc.

OP
A

anilthomas26

In the zone
wat do u mean by "support the fan " ?????

i just have to connect it right to a power sorce right ?????

and look at this pic plzzz........

*s58.photobucket.com/albums/g257/st...urrent=untitled.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

cud u tell me wich temp is of which part ?????

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Your cab's rear fan grill has to be that big to even fit the 120mm fan. Not all ordinary cab's has this features.

Also the temp 1 is of CPU nd temp 2 if of mobo chipset. But there is somethin wrong with the temp3[shown as 128c]. See its mine:
*img169.imageshack.us/img169/9034/dsc01743hr8.th.jpg

Attach one or two fans like this. This could make your card oc much stable.

OP
A

anilthomas26

In the zone
when i overclock to 432/1150 ati tool detects artifacts........

and ma gpu temp jst after playin games like "chronicles of riddick" comes to around 70-72.......

so...the artifactes are due to the temp ????

adding the fans will reduce the artifacts ?????

i'd really like to get the full potential of my card.....

Also the temp 1 is of CPU nd temp 2 if of mobo chipset. But there is somethin wrong with the temp3[shown as 128c]. See its mine:
*img169.imageshack.us/img169/9034/dsc01743hr8.th.jpg

Attach one or two fans like this. This could make your card oc much stable.

wat does the core temp indicat...the one at 56.....????

i am just concerned bout the noise its gonna make....

the artifacts begin to appear at bout 70........

and wud i require any other type of coolin solution...????

and how much wud they cost ?????

can fixin 2 or 3 fans help in maintaining a temp below 70 ?????
now bout fixin the fan..........

can i fix two fans taking power from the same 12v rail ??????

or maybe 3 ????

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Ya..my GPU temp after playing any heavy games for more than 2hrs is max at 55~60. Ive attached a total of 6 additional 80mm fans. Take a look at the blow fans.
*img101.imageshack.us/img101/9374/dsc01524ql6.th.jpg

Bout the FANSPEED indications, i dun get any indications like the core temp nd the temp1 seems to be same as the CPU temp displayed in ASUS utility.
*img181.imageshack.us/img181/2034/fan1ah1.th.jpg

Ya u can attach some 3 fans taking power from the molex connectors[even single connector as SMPS will nullify the load nd will give power according to the need of each connector as far as the PSU can hold.]

Last edited:
OP
A

anilthomas26

In the zone
ok.....here is data from fanspeed bfore fixing the fans :

*s58.photobucket.com/albums/g257/st...urrent=untitled.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch2

now....after i fixed 4 extra fans :

*s58.photobucket.com/albums/g257/st...rent=untitled-1.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

gud enough...huh ???

i havent tried playin any games.......be right back........

and here is the temp jst after running ati tool....

*s58.photobucket.com/albums/g257/st...rent=untitled-2.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

the ambient temp when i switched on my comp was 41....

now it rose to 48.....

the core temp is still around 56 ....:(

and btw.....wat is ambient temp ????
:((.....

i played for bout 15 mins....here is the log from riva tuner.......

*s58.photobucket.com/albums/g257/st...rent=untitled-3.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

the core temp goes upto bout 79 !!!!!!

havent noticed any artifacts though.......i think once.......

wat do i do......i havent overclocked much yet........:(

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
your temp sensor in card may not be showing the correct temp. DO like this. Play some heavy games till u think that it has reached high temp then suddenly pull the plug[ya it would sometimes lead to some file corruption but to solve such problems these r necessary]. the plug nd see touching the top side of the card where GPU is situated below nd [make sure ur grounded or simply touch the floor with ur foot] see if its really that hot or the sensor simply says 83or 84.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
try some setup like this ..

*s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/04092006(001).jpg

the 6600GT came down from 95c under load to 80c under load ... if this is so for a 6600GT then this can work for u too .. specially if u open up the flap over the HSF combo ...

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@DEATHVIRUS..
the picture is vague..Have u attached 2 normal 80mmfans?Nd how?
Is it like this?
*img181.imageshack.us/img181/9408/dsc01745wq5.th.jpg

It would be more effective if he attaches one more fan inclined like this nd another fan behind the cab for exhaust like this:
*img313.imageshack.us/img313/3370/dsc01747ko8.th.jpg

and

*img313.imageshack.us/img313/6305/dsc01748kx3.th.jpg

I think thes the limit for air cooling[four 80mm fans for gcard]. If the prob isn't yet solved u must try some water cooling etc. Again i doubt that ur temp sensor is workin correctly or not??

Always remember: More fans-more dust. So u must clean the heatsink nd fan of the gcard once in a while as dust will hold up quickly as that much air is thrown into it. More dust could rise the temp nd even damage the card.

with all this cooling my card is running at at oobercooled 41c at idle nd a max of 50c. and CPU at idle 36c nd at full load 54c. But my PC sounds like a generator..

Last edited:

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
@DEATHVIRUS..
the picture is vague..Have u attached 2 normal 80mmfans?Nd how?

That i not mine but a freinds cabinet .. the setup is as follows :

2 80 mm high speed fan , intake , below Hdd
2 80 mm high speed fan , outtake , beside CPU
2 80 mm high speed fan , intake , below the graphics card
1 80 mm high speed fan , outtake , on the side panel , on the line with the card

He has his CPU oc'ed from 2.66 GHz to 3.23 GHz .. and the 6600GT running at 550/1100 ... here are the load temps :

CPU : 38c~40c
GPU : ~80c
HDD : ~35c

Personally i feel this is a cheap and efficient cooling solution .. and about the little rod hilding the fans below the card ... we pulled it from scrap .. i.e. we bent it from a single sheet according to our requirement ..

Also ... the fans below the graphics card work magic if most of part of the graphics card is exposed .. and since the 6600GT is almost fully exposed , the effects were really awesome .. And this to work on other card's , u might need to open the top flap over the GPU ..

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
CPU at 38~40 at loads..no man..it could not be at least in hot climate country like India as the room temp itself comes close to it nd no air cooling system can be that efficient.And the CPU is oced also. After all these cooling 80c for GPU is defenitely high nd 35 for HDD seems ok but theres somethin wrong with those CPU temp or the sensor may be wrong.
Also @ deathvirus.
Is that normal 80mm fan[the cheap ones] or some kinda high speed one nd where did he get those?

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
CPU at 38~40 at loads..no man..it could not be at least in hot climate country like India as the room temp itself comes close to it nd no air cooling system can be that efficient.And the CPU is oced also. After all these cooling 80c for GPU is defenitely high nd 35 for HDD seems ok but theres somethin wrong with those CPU temp or the sensor may be wrong.
Also @ deathvirus.
Is that normal 80mm fan[the cheap ones] or some kinda high speed one nd where did he get those?

Now .. u'll have to wait till i get a Speedfan screenshot then ..

Also .. the 80 mm fans are not the like the normal 80 mm one's .. the cheap one's are around 18 CFm .. while the one's we got here were >25 CFm if i remember corrently ..

Also .. the 6600GT's get uber hot .. i remember my old one hitting 95c+ in Painkiller .. so thats not a good way to compare the system temps.

OP
A

anilthomas26

In the zone
hey....i hav the fixed 2 fans as u have fixed.....

and i how do i c if the sensors are working fine......i dint get ya.....

plzz repeat wat ya said once more.....

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@ deathvirus
what did those high speed fans cost u? nd from where[from abroad or near ur location].
I really wanna some high speed fans. There isn't much space on my cab left nd want to increase the air flow.
Are they noisy?

Last edited:

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
@ deathvirus
what did those high speed fans cost u? nd from where[from abroad or near ur location].
I really wanna some high speed fans. There isn't much space on my cab left nd want to increase the air flow.
Are they noisy?

:D ... those fans are not the normal cabinet fans .. instead i found them in a shop where they're selling kitchen exhausts ... look for a similar shop .. those 80 mm's are high speed one's .... these one's are around 50 bucks each ..

Also , Antec 80 mm's have even higher CFM ... infact i saw one that went to 48 CFm under max speed ... but those are costly .. over 350 bucks .. but worth every penny ...

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Do they work in 12v DC. Ive seen similar 80mm fans that run on 24v DC[one on my SUKAM inverter] nd is very-very powerful nd is as much powerful as 5 to 6 of normal 12v 80mm DC fans.
Is there any way i can make o/p of 24v DC from a normal PSU to attach such fans?

OP
A

anilthomas26

In the zone
aravind....i dunno if i am correct......

but u shud get a 24v dc across the yellow(+12) and blue(-12) rails.......

anyway...confirm bfore tryin it out.....

*s58.photobucket.com/albums/g257/st...rent=untitled-4.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

the temp rose to 93 while i played...:(

someone suggested to c if there was enough thermla paste between the heat sink and gpu of ma card.......

i removed the heat sink and saw that there was enough i think..........

but nit very much though......

bfore i opened the heat sink the temp wud go only upto about 81-83,,,,,now it goes to 93 ...:(

wat shud i do....is it bcoz of the thermal paste ????

or is it something i did when i opened the heat sink ???/

i fixed it back as it was........

plzz help me guys..........:(

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
The paste would have been moved or is not that correctly spread over the GPU. I strongly recomment that u get some gud thermal paste somehow[silver based would be best]. Also try to get it replaced from US. Dun try the paste if u have chance of gettin it replaced. Just relax for a month or two nd sent it to ur bro to get it to cervice centre[US] nd bring back in DEC. It seems any normal way of coolin can't help the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom