Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Asus M4A78T-E costs 9.2k locally
its a DRR3 mobo with 2*X16 slots

*www.pcstats.com/articleimages/200903/asusm4a78te_full.jpg
*www.cpu3d.com/media/image/g/10007/i/19778/IMG_3731.jpg

is it available in marketin India? on paper, even the MSI model is available in India.

Asus M4A78T-E looks awesome btw.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
no. it won't fit first of all.

Came to know while chatting in Venkip4's thread. AM2+ processors won't fit in AM3 board.

AM3 processors will fit in AM2+ board though.

amitash

Intel OCer
if you really want big future proofing, then only the core i7 is going to outlast any other procy on the market...get this:

1.i7-920--15k
2.Msi X58 pro--11.5k
3.corsair 6gb ddr3--8.4k
4.saphire hd4890--13k
5.CM elite 330--2.1k
6.corsair vx550--5.8k
7.WD 500gb HDD--2.8k
8.10k for a 22" monitor.
9.logitech g15--4.5k
10.logitech mx518 mouse--1.3k
11.dvd writer--1.1k

This should cost you about 76k and its totally worth it....the intel processors coming out after a year support the current mobos so its very future proof

OP
koolbluez

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
what about my config in first post? i'm trapped in the Intel-AMD fight.. i7 is the future, 940 the present.. i7 920 prices might go down as it is being killed by Intel

amitash

Intel OCer
I say go for i7....its worth it..and if you keep waiting for price cuts/better hardware then you will never upgrade as something new is comin out every month.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@koolbluez, if you are really interested in i7, definitely go for it. That config given by amitash is pretty good. Only change should be for PSU. Get a 650W PSU and also try to get xbox 360 controller for PC.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
xbox 360 controller can be used for PC and using adapter, connect to console. Works with most of the games available.

amitash

Intel OCer
Instead of getting an adapter, you can get an xbox360 controller for windows itself...I have one and it works on every single NEW game ive tested so far...you can also install a software called xpadder if you want it to work with unsupported games.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ actually, when you buy xbox 360 controller for PC, it comes with an adapter to connect to xbox 360.

amitash

Intel OCer
^If that cpu easily lasts for the next 2 years and the same mobo supports next gen archaetecture then i think its worth it quite easily.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
But seriously, spending more on a CPU instead of a GPU is a foolish thing.

It depends. CPU cannot be changed as easily as a GPU. And that doesn't mean that you get a 15k CPU and 3k GPU or a 3k CPU and 15k GPU. You need to find a balance. i7+GTX275 is a good combination.

Also remember that the bigger the GPU, the more power consumption and more you pay for PSU.

for now, get I7 or X4 940 + GTX275 and in a year or two i7/X4 will be fully utilized by games and then, what ever GPU bought today will become the bottleneck. If you get a cheaper CPU like dual cores and whatever GPU you get, it will slowdown in a year or two.

So, instead of changing everything after, say 2yrs. it's better to only change the GPU. right?

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Well, it does seem future proof to me(the i7) especially when INTEL says that their Six-Core processors only may work on all the existing X58 motherboards. Wow! SO for new processor, you'll have to buy new motherboard(since after 4 core i7, I don't think there will be any upgrade to another 4 core i7 but rather to a more-core processor).

Whereas AM3 is the new socket by AMD and is here to stay, and thankfully AMD likes these features: "Backward Compatibility"

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@compaddict:
*www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13635&Itemid=1

32nm based premium processor will work on existing LGA1366 designed for i7. And it does have long future and premium feeling!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom