Funny Problem with HL2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helo ppl,
I have this funny problem with half life 2, most of the times, the AI is frozen still, they do not respond at all, its like i can kill them all very easily, they dont attack,,, its asif the whole game is in a standstill, anybody know what the problem is???
---Anirudh Rulez

raj14

In Deniel
After seeing you, with the Gravity Gun and Pistol, The A.I are too scared to do something; and thus they Froze in Shock. Btw this could be due to currupt installation and/or Game A.I Difficulty set to Easy.

raj14

In Deniel
I didn't had any problems like this. Looks like VALVes' Masterpiece needs a little patch.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Actually techno, it doesnt work either. I was having the same proble. No matter how much I fiddles with those commands, those enemies as well as friends refused to react. I had to resort to play again from the last saved game to overcome it.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Actually, techno_funky, isnt that command supposed to be

ai_disable 0

Plus, download the fix for the game from here and see if that works:

*www.strategyinformer.com/shooters/downloads/halflife2/389/hl2fixbundle11.rar/download.shtml

That fix should take care of the problem.

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
lol yeps thts the one a_disable 0
i have like finished the game 2 months back say in jan
well i have a Ahem!!! copy of the game
so this was my problems every time i load the game
this command worked for me very well

G

gxsaurav

it's a known AI disabling bug, just like the elevator bug

raj14

In Deniel
Techno: you are saying you got HL2's Pirated Copy? Did it needed the Online Decryption process?

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
No raj, the pirated game's files are already decrypted and ready to play. Even the Steam-shit has been ripped out of it. So no more connecting to Steam to get the game ready for offline play. But it also means no updates, no HL-DM etc. atleast not from the conventional source.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@raj....well pal Hl2's pirated copy had more than Just the Steams Validation Bypassed......the ripped copy had just made the 6disc Hl2 into 3 disc game by Removing all the Add-On Mods like Hl2 deathmatch and CS:Source.....:cry:

Btw i suppose this Bug had been fixed way back also The command is just a lil bit more
ai_disabled 0 (Enables the Ai for that level)
restart (for the level to restart and resume with the Ai enabled)

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Yup, the game size has been shrunk as a online game on the valve servers with a pirated copy isint possible.

@Allwyn: Seeing you after quite some time. I presume your exmas are over? :)

raj14

In Deniel
I Did the Stupidest thing by spending my Rs.1499 on HL2's Orignal Disk. Damn it! I gonna buy the pirated version as well, see what it got. :) allwyn: Where were you Dude?

raj14

In Deniel
I Have Half Life 2 Bronze Edition, it comes in 5 Disks not 6. Looks like Piracy is UNSTOPABLE! For now.... Who need those damn Extras anyway. HL2 Pirated Copy: Here i come!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@raj....dude trust me Steam installation does suck bigtime but its updates and other Online playin options are better compared to the pirated editions.....i suppose the U.K Gold Disc edition was released as a 6 disc combo pack.....and u have the 5 disc silver edition.....fair enough so where's the probs here.....Why go for a pirated edition???? trust me stick to the Original one for w while and the updates will be worth it.....Darn that steam's filthy policies :twisted: :x oh yea and raj dude seein u postin after a long time as well....since the gamerz section popped up on digit u definetly had to show up i guess :wink:

@cody....yea sure the exams just got over(pheww what a relief 8)) and i just logged in today and woaaahhhh seeing i missed out on a lotta threads.....but dun worry will cover up in due time....btw where there any interesting flames or ban or any other masala discussion in my absence :lol: .....Well i suppose ur exams have ended as well too :p

Sourabh

Laptoping
allwyndlima said:
@raj....well pal Hl2's pirated copy had more than Just the Steams Validation Bypassed......the ripped copy had just made the 6disc Hl2 into 3 disc game by Removing all the Add-On Mods like Hl2 deathmatch and CS:Source.....:cry:

Pirated Hl2 versions available :

pirated 3 cd: RAR files of HL2

Pirated 4 cds: Offline game installtion [already cracked]

Pirated 5 cds : 4 cd version + CS:S

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
@Allwyn: Want to see intresting discussion? Head over to "Time Travel" thread in "In General" section. You will not be dissapointed. :)

As for my exams, one more left, i.e. is tommorrow. Then I am a free man...atleast for another 6 months!

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
ctrl_alt_del said:
@Allwyn: Want to see intresting discussion? Head over to "Time Travel" thread in "In General" section. You will not be dissapointed.

LOL, you want to add to the list of people that want to see me dead? :lol:

BTW, has any lucky soul here played HL:S?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
enoonmai said:
LOL, you want to add to the list of people that want to see me dead? :lol:
Boy is that what i'll see in the thread then i'm headin there right away...lol :lol: I assume that its the same thread that picked off at the skoar forums :)
enoonmai said:
BTW, has any lucky soul here played HL:S?
Nope this soul is still dyin to try out that Gary's mod out :lol:

@cody....dude u are totally nuts....how in the hell do ya manage both ur exams and spedin time on the net????? Sheezzz :twisted: anyways all's well that ends well....good luck for the last exam :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom